The Search for the Holy Grail of Bootlegs continues

Pars123

https://books.google.com/books?id=bSnI_30MPLMC&pg=PT49&lpg=PT49&dq=rush+massey+hall+1976+january+10&source=bl&ots=2VLSMSumQL&sig=mupr821453GP1cCNd5yP1GtwVOc&hl=en&sa=X&ei=8jfqVIH_JIzLsASi84GwAQ&ved=0CBsQ6AEwADgK

For years I have searched.. And stopped.. And searched. Well now it's time for me to keep searching. The January 10th, 1976 Show (Final date of CoS tour where apparently Fountain was played. All my findings will go here. Let's continue the search..

• Like 2

https://books.google...d=0CBsQ6AEwADgK

For years I have searched.. And stopped.. And searched. Well now it's time for me to keep searching. The January 10th, 1976 Show (Final date of CoS tour where apparently Fountain was played. All my findings will go here. Let's continue the search..

Let me know when you have found it please, then I can die happy.

• Like 1

Yes sir:) I will let you know.

So this bootleg stuff...does the Signals Radio City shows exist, what does it sound like? Sorry for crashing the thread I'm not a bootlegger.

Some of them do, but they don't sound as good as some of the better ones from earlier in the tour.

So this bootleg stuff...does the Signals Radio City shows exist, what does it sound like? Sorry for crashing the thread I'm not a bootlegger.

Some of them do, but they don't sound as good as some of the better ones from earlier in the tour.

What's the date? Names don't mean diddly to me.....

• Like 1

I'm the same way. Names don't men a damn thing to me either.

I believe we have a September, 18, 21 and 22, 1983 as I recall. And I'm not completely positive, but there may have been a few setlist tweaks as they went along too.

• Like 1

Alas, it doesn't exist.

Countdown PE reigns supreme (think its 9/23). I also own a boot of the 9/22 show (which I had the good fortune of attending), also solid.

Countdown PE reigns supreme (think its 9/23). I also own a boot of the 9/22 show (which I had the good fortune of attending), also solid.

Anyone know if Marillion was taped for any of these?

Good question. I dont have a huge Marillion boot collection but I don't recall seeing one of rhe gigs where they opened. I'll check later but offhand I cant think of any.

Good question. I dont have a huge Marillion boot collection but I don't recall seeing one of rhe gigs where they opened. I'll check later but offhand I cant think of any.

People that I have spoken with over the years that have done taping (in the way back) usually only brought enough tape (and batteries) for the main act..unlike now when you can get a lot more on a DAT tape, or portable hard drive.

I'd be willing to bet those opening act's tapes are few and far between...unless someone was taping them on purpose!

A guy I've talked to that follows Umphrey's McGee and Dave Matthews around said that opening acts are his "sound check"...he'll tape it, then give it a listen while they re-set the stage...if he liked it, he keeps it.

Yep.....the Marillion 9/22/83 show circulates. 35 min, "B" sound quality. Audience is noticeably rude on the tape -- almost enough to embarrass one as a Rush fan.

The opening set Marillion did for Rush on 3/4/86 is also out there.....better sound than the '83 show. I think the '86 set was basically the "Misplaced Childhood" album.

Edited by Ron2112
  • Like 1

Yep.....the Marillion 9/22/83 show circulates. 35 min, "B" sound quality. Audience is noticeably rude on the tape -- almost enough to embarrass one as a Rush fan

Dude was that Radio City Music Hall? I seem to remember that perhaps we were shitty to them every night?

What was the first year they stopped opening acts, T4E?

84 it was Y&T..and people got tired of their "rock and f@cking roll" crap in between every song...but they were a decent act.

86 BOC was supposed to open, but something happened and they had to bail (I think their lead singer got sick)

87 was Tommy Shaw...people we're cool when he played a Styx tune, but when he played one of his solo tunes they were BRUTAL! It was hilarious!

Yep.....the Marillion 9/22/83 show circulates. 35 min, "B" sound quality. Audience is noticeably rude on the tape -- almost enough to embarrass one as a Rush fan.

The opening set Marillion did for Rush on 3/4/86 is also out there.....better sound than the '83 show. I think the '86 set was basically the "Misplaced Childhood" album.

Awesome!

Where would I be able to get these two recordings?

Edited by ytserush