Drums!

Jaminbenb

Had a conversation with a friend last night over "internet cocktails" (pm's back and forth while having a drink waiting for The Blacklist to come on) And we were talking about the drums.... (both of us were drummers)

We read that they made TWO sets for Neil out of the 1500 year old wood....his "theory" is that they made an "old school" set for the first half of the show (double bass, concert toms, and closed toms) and a "current" set up for the second half of the show (or vice versa...my theory is if they do an older set and a newer set...they do the older stuff the second half since that's more of the classic stuff)

Now THERE'S an interesting concept!

• Like 1

Had a conversation with a friend last night over "internet cocktails" (pm's back and forth while having a drink waiting for The Blacklist to come on) And we were talking about the drums.... (both of us were drummers)

We read that they made TWO sets for Neil out of the 1500 year old wood....his "theory" is that they made an "old school" set for the first half of the show (double bass, concert toms, and closed toms) and a "current" set up for the second half of the show (or vice versa...my theory is if they do an older set and a newer set...they do the older stuff the second half since that's more of the classic stuff)

You read this? Where?

I don't see that happening. As a drummer you know that muscle memory is a big part of playing - knowing where every drum and cymbal is placed. going from 1 set to another presnets challenges for that, not to mention mic/mixing.

I can see having more than 1 set made as you need to have a backup when going on the road like that, and who knows - he may donate one, and keep one.

I think the kit we saw is what we'll have.

• Like 1

Lorne has stated that there will be no rear electronic kit and no spinning. No way they are going to do two kit set ups per show. Mics alone would take too long to re-cable. I think he said he takes an hour plus to set up the main kit on a show day.

The muscle memory thing does not apply to where instruments are placed but sticking and response. Single strokes, double strokes, sticking patterns and limb independence. Knowing where things are is memory memory.

Yes, it's true. The old school kit will be used for the Cygnus X-1 suite in its entirety. Then the modern kit will take over for the rest of the show, which will feature the albums: Roll the Bones, Counterparts, and Test for Echo (All in their glorious entirety). This will be followed by an encore medley of: The Larger Bowl/The Way the Wind Blows/Good News First. Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch

Yes, it's true. The old school kit will be used for the Cygnus X-1 suite in its entirety. Then the modern kit will take over for the rest of the show, which will feature the albums: Roll the Bones, Counterparts, and Test for Echo (All in their glorious entirety). This will be followed by an encore medley of: The Larger Bowl/The Way the Wind Blows/Good News First.

:AlienSmiley:
  • Like 1

Yes, it's true. The old school kit will be used for the Cygnus X-1 suite in its entirety. Then the modern kit will take over for the rest of the show, which will feature the albums: Roll the Bones, Counterparts, and Test for Echo (All in their glorious entirety). This will be followed by an encore medley of: The Larger Bowl/The Way the Wind Blows/Good News First.

Roll another one for me!

• Like 3

You read this? Where?

What? The 1500 year old wood? Google is your friend....

No, everyone saw the 1500 year-old wood clip. It's the two kits rumor that no one is buying. Including me. It makes no sense whatsoever to have two kits when it's already been made clear that there's no satellite kit or revolving riser. By definition, having a second kit would mean there's a satellite kit. Otherwise it's impossible to do a gear change in the time they have during intermission, and sound check the second kit, etc. I'm not expecting a double kick set either--pedals are much more economical space-wise, and that's what he's been using for years now. I don't pretend to know any of this for a fact, but none of these rumors sound likely to be true.

You read this? Where?

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I knew about the ancient wood. The 2 sets was what I was questioning, and the application of them in concert.

You read this? Where?

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I knew about the ancient wood. The 2 sets was what I was questioning, and the application of them in concert.

Didn't read it..it was a bs conversation over cocktails.....

You read this? Where?

Didn't read it..it was a bs conversation over cocktails.....

You said you read it. That's what they were referring to.

I read that DW made TWO kits for him out of the 1500 year old wood...not that he was using the two separate kits (old and new) for the tour. My FRIEND's THEORY was that they made the two different kits....

Why do you have to explain everything on this board? You all need to stop smoking cheap weed....

I read that DW made TWO kits for him out of the 1500 year old wood...not that he was using the two separate kits (old and new) for the tour. My FRIEND's THEORY was that they made the two different kits....

Why do you have to explain everything on this board? You all need to stop smoking cheap weed....

You have to explain because people wanted to know where you heard it. Just the facts. Nothing but the facts. :)

You have to explain because people wanted to know where you heard it. Just the facts. Nothing but the facts. :)

It's all about comprehension....

Ok, I'm flipping out! I just watched an interview on Facebook with John Good from DW on the Drum Talk TV page and they ARE having a second kit replicating the old black Slingerland kit!

I don't know if it's going to be made from the same wood with the same finish...doesn't sound like it...but John Good is a space cadet to listen to...definite former stoner!

If you subscribe to the Drum Talk TV on FB, go find that interview! I don't see it on Drum Talk TV's website yet...but if I do I'll link it....

• Like 2