Def Leppard

JohnRogers

Don't talk shit about da Lep, bro. They rock.

At least High N' Dry and Pyromania rock.

Those albums were great. I remember blasting them as I drove around in my '68 Camaro, thinking I was some sort of teenage badass :P

STAGEFRIGHT! ALL NIGHT!

WANT YOU TO KNOOOOOOOOOOOW!

:haz:

Once again someone needs to be reminded that what one person hates is another mans taste.

Def Leppard are easygoing, fun escapism.

So true, but I still can't forgive you for not falling in love with Queen's music. ;)

I sorta like them...kinda...erm...I am Segue. Gimme a month and they will most likely be my favourite band. Sheesh i have given up hating on anything at this point!
  • Like 2

Don't talk shit about da Lep, bro. They rock.

At least High N' Dry and Pyromania rock.

Those albums were great. I remember blasting them as I drove around in my '68 Camaro, thinking I was some sort of teenage badass :P

I liked those albums in the late 80's as well when I was piloting a '70 Dodge Challenger.

• Like 1

I saw them on the Pyromania tour. They were amazing. That album is one of my five favorite studio albums by anyone ever.

That was the only album of theirs that I had, but I liked every song on it.

Get on creating the Presto vs Pyromania thread!

;)

• Like 1

I saw them on the Pyromania tour. They were amazing. That album is one of my five favorite studio albums by anyone ever.

;)

I'd vote for Pyromania. ;)

• Like 4

;)

It's not close.

• Like 1

;)

No kidding, me too. Pyromania was a perfect album.

• Like 3

;)

Was? It's not anymore?

• Like 1

;)

Was? It's not anymore?

I meant when it was released. Yeah it's still awesome. :)

• Like 1

;)

It's not close.

Well, that's damning with faint praise.

I don't even like Pyromania and I'd pick it over Presto.

What's next, High and Dry vs S&A?

• Like 2

I saw them last year and they were excellent! I was shocked because I'm not a fan of Joe's voice anymore but he pulled most of it off.

I took my dad who is 77 and he loved Def Leppard over KISS!

So this year it's TESLA, STYX and DEF LEPPARD.

I'm in.

"On Through The Night" and "High N Dry" are MASTERPIECES!

"Pyromania" was good back in the day but that's about it. A Trilogy Of ROCK!

Once poor Rick lost his arm it was all over.

Then Steve died and just forget about it!!!!!

• Like 2

I was a bit of a fan in the early days and had a lot of singles by them; Get Ya' Rocks Off; Wasted etc. Saw them supporting AC/DC and they were canny, not in the same league as Bon and the boys, but then very few attain such levels. The production on 'On Through ...' is appalling and the running order on the original LP was bollocks. Why would you put a live track as track two on side two? High 'n ' Dry was a great LP and the only one I've replace on CD. After that it was downhill - Pyro was sh*te so I never bothered with them again.

I blame the removal of Pete Willis.

A lot of UK fans (me included) thought they'd sold their souls to the US and became very radio friendly.

I was a bit of a fan in the early days and had a lot of singles by them; Get Ya' Rocks Off; Wasted etc. Saw them supporting AC/DC and they were canny, not in the same league as Bon and the boys, but then very few attain such levels. The production on 'On Through ...' is appalling and the running order on the original LP was bollocks. Why would you put a live track as track two on side two? High 'n ' Dry was a great LP and the only one I've replace on CD. After that it was downhill - Pyro was sh*te so I never bothered with them again.

I blame the removal of Pete Willis.

A lot of UK fans (me included) thought they'd sold their souls to the US and became very radio friendly.

Well, they kind of did. Wasn't Mutt Lange the producer starting with Pyromania? He gave them that very slick, super-produced sound that goes over so well on commercial radio.

• Like 1

Bah, all this love for Def Leppard. Call me when they record a masterpiece like Tai Shan!

What's your number? They did in 1983 brother.

Wait, what, really?

one second of any 70s or 80s rush song obliterates the entire careers of e'nuff z'nuff, bulletboys, def leppard, ratt, winger, warrant, poison, britny fox, firehouse, cinderella, all of em.

I do like early motley crue, a few WASP albums, and twisted sister. I also like the first 2 skid row records, so I'm not totally anti-hair, but it ain't my thing. and any 70s/80s rush still shits on that stuff, imo

• Like 1