Babies?

Disk98

So my stepmother wants to bring my baby brother to the Newark show. She nurses, but I guess she doesn't want to miss out on all the fun. Problem is, my baby brother by that time will be just six months old. Is that really a good idea?

Good to see that there are some sensible people around here that agree with me. Now, how should I convey it to her that THIS IS A BAD IDEA?!

Tell her the truth. The baby will be so uncomfortable that she will spend more time in the corridor than she will watching the show.

• Like 2

Now, how should I convey it to her that THIS IS A BAD IDEA?!

Say to her face. "THAT IS A BAD IDEA. VERY BAD."

Then say to her face, "You will not only scare the bejeesus out of him, but you will also destroy his hearing. You WILL."

If she doesn't listen to reason, then perhaps more drastic measures are in order.

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 2

Much too loud an environment for a baby. Protect those little ears!

I have to agree with everyone else saying "no" there be some arenas with luxury boxes where noise is not an issue but other wise no.

• Like 1

A resounding NO.
  • Like 2

When we chose to become parents, we chose to make certain sacrifices. I went to 6 shows over 5 albums between 1984-1992. The last show I attended was when my wife was pregnant with our oldest. For CA, I was able to get tickets from a co-worker and was able to bring my middle child (he was 17).

I desperately want to take my oldest to the Bewark show, but with 2 kids in college and my youngest heading there this fall, I probably won't be able to afford to. I'm at peace with that because I'm a parent first, Rush fan some steps later.....

• Like 3

Suggest to her and your dad that they ask the pediatrician.

When we chose to become parents, we chose to make certain sacrifices. I went to 6 shows over 5 albums between 1984-1992. The last show I attended was when my wife was pregnant with our oldest. For CA, I was able to get tickets from a co-worker and was able to bring my middle child (he was 17).

I desperately want to take my oldest to the Bewark show, but with 2 kids in college and my youngest heading there this fall, I probably won't be able to afford to. I'm at peace with that because I'm a parent first, Rush fan some steps later.....

This^^^. I never went to a show from 87' to 02' for this very reason. Was busy doing things more important.... :codger: Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 6

I feel like she only comes with me and Dad because it's something she wants to do. The problem is that I don't want to say, "You probably shouldn't come with us if you need to be with the baby," because it isn't my money that pays for the tickets, so it's kinda not my place. But at the same time, I love my brother and don't want his hearing to be ruined. Is there a way I can be subtle about this?

Yes the concert got you thinking about the ringing in your ears after shows, got you curious about hearing damage. Do some Google research and share, let her make the right decision.

Yes the concert got you thinking about the ringing in your ears after shows, got you curious about hearing damage. Do some Google research and share, let her make the right decision.

That may work. Thanks!

I'm glad you get what I was trying to say. When I read my post after hitting send I thought it might come across snarky when I was trying to be brief.

I'm glad you get what I was trying to say. When I read my post after hitting send I thought it might come across snarky when I was trying to be brief.

Nah, I just give everyone the benefit of the doubt when it comes to text. It's the content of the message that matters.

This^^^. I never went to a show from 87' to 02' for this very reason. Was busy doing things more important.... :codger:

Yeah I'm at that point now. My son is almost 5. I am kind of at a crossroads career wise and trying to figure that all out. My peak concert years were like 97-05. I just don't have the interest now to stand in an arena with a bunch of strangers, getting stepped on and having beer spilled on me. I really hoped Rush wasn't playing so far from me this time around. Would be great to be able to go to Concord and go chill on the grass with my son and his mommy.

This^^^. I never went to a show from 87' to 02' for this very reason. Was busy doing things more important.... :codger:

Yeah I'm at that point now. My son is almost 5. I am kind of at a crossroads career wise and trying to figure that all out. My peak concert years were like 97-05. I just don't have the interest now to stand in an arena with a bunch of strangers, getting stepped on and having beer spilled on me. I really hoped Rush wasn't playing so far from me this time around. Would be great to be able to go to Concord and go chill on the grass with my son and his mommy.

I just never considered it at the time. I was way busy with to many other things. Working tail off and raising two children was enough for me. I had my time from 78' - 87' and now it has all come full circle and I can take my children and they can and do appreciate their old mans music... :)

I'm sorry but when did bringing children, anxiety dogs, to every SINGLE place you go become acceptable?

For R40, I am getting a doctors note to bring my Anxiety pelican 'Birdie' to the show.

I'm sure he will just love the loud sounds, but hey, It will calm me down

• Like 4

I wouldn't bring a baby to a concert in a million years. Other than the sound factor, there are a lot of factors to consider. Lots of people, general rowdiness, arena setting with lots of stairs..etc. I just wouldn't.
  • Like 1

Who wants to hear a damn baby crying at a concert? I don't and people who bring kids should turned away at the door. (Toddlers and babies)

I am more concerned with the people that spent their hard earned money for tickets and end up with a crying baby close to them.

Bringing a baby is selfish.