2015 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

Going to buy MLB Extra Innings this year because WGN America will no longer be showing the games.

Geddy thinks it's going to be a good year for the Pads and White Sox of all teams.

I'll be using third party streamers till this summer. What provider did the Cubs get switched to?

On that note, GO CUBS!

http://baseballwallpapers10.net/wp-content/uploads/images/ba/chicago-cubs-0.jpg

I think the Cubbies are going to AWESOME!

They fleeced Shithead Billy Beane for Addison Russell. I am so fuckinng pissed off.

FUCKK YOU BILLY BEANE!

I will spend no money on the A's this year.

I'll take that bet.
  • Like 1

Yanks look iffy this year…lots of question marks. Bullpen looks good, though

What the hell happened to the greatness of the Yankees? They are turning into the A's. Signing old, beat up sluggers.

No pitching. C.C. should retire and go back to Vallejo. That city needs his money!!!!!

I'll tell you what happened. The Core Four are gone, Robinson Cano left, and we're stuck with the abominable contracts of A-Rod, Mark Teixeira, and CC Sabathia. :sigh: But the team is getting younger. Maybe this is a step in the right direction.

That's the thing with mega contracts.... you still gotta pay 'em.

Talk the Angels in two years, when Pujols has hit his statistical decline, but is still pulling $25M+ off the payroll on top of the other high dollar deals they have on teh books.

I don;t know why owners pay the cash anymore. The Kobe deal killed the Lakers. Pujols will never bring revenue that justifies his contract, either.

What the hell happened to the greatness of the Yankees? They are turning into the A's. Signing old, beat up sluggers.

No pitching. C.C. should retire and go back to Vallejo. That city needs his money!!!!!

I'll tell you what happened. The Core Four are gone, Robinson Cano left, and we're stuck with the abominable contracts of A-Rod, Mark Teixeira, and CC Sabathia. :sigh: But the team is getting younger. Maybe this is a step in the right direction.

That's the thing with mega contracts.... you still gotta pay 'em.

Talk the Angels in two years, when Pujols has hit his statistical decline, but is still pulling $25M+ off the payroll on top of the other high dollar deals they have on teh books.

I don;t know why owners pay the cash anymore. The Kobe deal killed the Lakers. Pujols will never bring revenue that justifies his contract, either.

There will always be at least one sucker owner out there willing to pay the money. Pujols is the perfect example. The Angels went crazy and offered a supposedly 32 year old man a quarter billion dollars.... guaranteed... to play into his supposedly early 40s, despite logic saying otherwise.

The Cardinals wisely passed on meeting that money and instead used their resources to keep other key players (e.g. Wainwright, Molina) and develop other talent or pick up certain free agents. The result in the three years since Albert moved West is the Cardinals have made the post season every year, reaching at least the NLCS twice and the World Series once. No, they haven't won it all since 2011... but they have been in the conversation since Pujols left... and will likely continue to be for the bulk of Alber's career.

The Angels, on the other hand, took three years to make it to the post season with Albert and then got swept by the Royals (the Royals!) in the NLDS. Sure, the Angels can continue to compete for a few years, but really, in a couple of years Albert is going to be the highest paid .250 average DH in the history of the league.

Arte Moreno = sucker.... albeit a rich sucker.

Going to buy MLB Extra Innings this year because WGN America will no longer be showing the games.

Geddy thinks it's going to be a good year for the Pads and White Sox of all teams.

I'll be using third party streamers till this summer. What provider did the Cubs get switched to?

On that note, GO CUBS!

They fleeced Shithead Billy Beane for Addison Russell. I am so fuckinng pissed off.

FUCKK YOU BILLY BEANE!

My son and I were talking about the Cubs the other night. He's a Cardinal fan just like his father, but he also inherited my more reserved rivalry attitude toward the Cubs. When I was younger, I hated the Cubs and loved to watch them lose. These days? Notsomuch. I miss the good old days when the Cards and Cubs were both relevant and I want that to happen again.... soon.

And to modify the Cubfan mantra.... this may be the year. No, I don't think the Cubs are going to contend for the World Series. I do, though, think the Cubs are going to be a key player in the NL Central. Their roster is much improved and they have a nice young nucleus to build upon. Basically, I see them as very competitive this year.

My son and I agree.... this is a good thing. Moreover, he and I agreed on this point: If the Cubs make it past the Cardinals at any point in the post-season from here on out, we are going to root for the Northsiders to win it all. Blasphemy, I know, from a native St. Louisan.... but I hold to this... a good Cubs team is good for the Cardinals and for baseball. And, well, let's be real, it's been 107 years. Only a jackass Cardinal fan can't sympathize and hope the Cubs shake that monkey soon.

Excellent post! I think the Cubs and the Padres are going to be the most improved in the NL! As for the AL I could give a shit. I'm a disgusted, depressed A's fan.

On that note, GO CUBS!

FUCKK YOU BILLY BEANE!

I'll take that bet.

Hahaha! Done!

Well I still need my bobbleheads!

http://www.csnne.com/blog/red-sox-talk/ortiz-arrives-sox-camp-great-shape

Ortiz in great shape to start camp. Yoan signing should be a good one since he can play many positions on the infield. Sox look ready to compete in the very tough East division.

http://www.sexyli.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/sports-image-of-boston-red-sock-arround-the-logo-wallpaper-boston-red-sox-wallpaper.jpg

Peace

http://www.csnne.com...amp-great-shape

Ortiz in great shape to start camp. Yoan signing should be a good one since he can play many positions on the infield. Sox look ready to compete in the very tough East division.

http://www.sexyli.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/sports-image-of-boston-red-sock-arround-the-logo-wallpaper-boston-red-sox-wallpaper.jpg

Peace

The AL East, tough? Seriously?

Tampa has taken two steps backwards, the Yankees suck, and the Blue Jays are in for another 83-79 year. The O's won't repeat last year. Unless you judge divisional power by games nationally televised, the East is below average.

• Like 1

Peace

Tampa has taken two steps backwards, the Yankees suck, and the Blue Jays are in for another 83-79 year. The O's won't repeat last year. Unless you judge divisional power by games nationally televised, the East is below average.

It was tough for the Sox last year but then again that was last year. I always think it's going to be hard as hell for the Sox to win this division. Much less go far in the playoffs, it just comes from YEARS of following the Sox. I'm going to a couple of their Spring Training games when they come to play here in Palm Beach Gardens FL.

Peace

It was tough for the Sox last year but then again that was last year. I always think it's going to be hard as hell for the Sox to win this division. Much less go far in the playoffs, it just comes from YEARS of following the Sox. I'm going to a couple of their Spring Training games when they come to play here in Palm Beach Gardens FL.

Well, the division is the weakest I can remember it, so if they're going to win it this year is as good as any.

Peace

Well, the division is the weakest I can remember it, so if they're going to win it this year is as good as any.

Well that sure sounds damn good to me, they spent some good money this past off season. I hoping for the injuries to be far less this year,

As an A's fan the Yankees killed my soul in the 2000's. Oh well, nothing kills me more than Kirk Gibson in 1988. That homer off of Eck ruined my life. LOL!

Tough break for Ged's favorite team...

The Blue Jays were counting on Michael Saunders to help replace Melky Cabrera in their outfield, but they'll have to find another solution — at least for the first half of the season.

Saunders tore the meniscus in his left knee and likely will be out through the All-Star break, Toronto general manager Alex Anthopoulos said Thursday.

“He was going after a ball and stepped right around a sprinkler head and he felt a pop in his knee,” Anthopoulos said, via the Globe and Mail. “Bad luck.”

Saunders, a 28-year-old British Columbia native, was acquired from the Mariners in December for pitcher J.A. Happ.

In the days after the end of last season, Mariners general manager Jack Zduriencik caused a stir with comments that were intepreted as questioning Saunders' conditioning or physical preparation. The outfielder battled nagging injuries throughout his time with Seattle, including an oblique strain last season that limited him to 78 games.

A career .231/.301/.384 hitter in six major league seasons, Saunders is on the shelf again with his most significant setback to date.

As for the Blue Jays, Anthopoulos said the team will evaluate the outfielders remaining in camp to determine whether it needs to replace Saunders via trade. If that happens, it probably wouldn't come until late in spring training.

http://www.sportingn...d=SOC/FB/SNMain

Edited by laughedatbytime

Interested in pre-season predictions from others. Here's mine:

National League

East - Washington... it's theirs to keep taking until someone else bothers to put together a meaningful roster

Central - St. Louis.... I am biased and this is a boring pick, I know. It will be a tight race, I think, but 90 wins probably wins this division

West - LA or San Fran... one the division, the other the Wild Card. I am not buying the Padres as legit (yet).

Wild Card - LA or San Fran

Wild Card Play In Team - Pitt... more torment for Pirate fans

This is very boring, I know, as it is last year's draw... but I don't see much changing here.

American League

East - Boston.... I hate this pick, but they probably match up the best in the division. Toronto and Baltimore might make a showing, but not really.

Central - Detroit.... mostly because I think no other team will show up. KC will fade (although I hope I am wrong)

West - Anaheim.... much like the Central, they will probably be the only team that shows up. Although I do think Houston cracks .500 this year.

Wild Card - Toronto.... mostly because someone has to be the Wild Card and it's just a hodge podge of teams in the mix, so why not the Jays?

Wild Card Play In Team - Oakland... much like Pitt, that's how the A's roll.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime

Lackey vs Lester on Opening Day?

Cardinals ace Adam Wainwright is being forced to take things slowly at the beginning of the exhibition season. That might have an impact on the early days of his regular season.

St. Louis manager Mike Matheny said Friday that Wainwright's first start might not come in the season opener against the Cubs on April 5 but a few days later.

"That's always an option," Matheny told reporters, per The Associated Press. "We just have to see where we are and what it looks like, too."

Wainwright's spring schedule has been disrupted by an abdominal strain he suffered while trying to put a 45-pound weight back on a rack. He hopes to return to the mound Monday.

"Everything that I've heard is that in four or five days I should feel dramatically better, and they can start kind of bringing me along slow to get back into a normal daily routine," Wainwright said, per the AP.

If Wainwright can't go in the opener, then the Cardinals could turn to right-handers John Lackey or Lance Lynn.

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2015-02-28/adam-wainwright-injury-update-st-louis-cardinals-opening-day-starter-abdominal-strain?eadid=SOC%2FFB%2FSNMain

Cardinals ace Adam Wainwright is being forced to take things slowly at the beginning of the exhibition season. That might have an impact on the early days of his regular season.

St. Louis manager Mike Matheny said Friday that Wainwright's first start might not come in the season opener against the Cubs on April 5 but a few days later.

"That's always an option," Matheny told reporters, per The Associated Press. "We just have to see where we are and what it looks like, too."

Wainwright's spring schedule has been disrupted by an abdominal strain he suffered while trying to put a 45-pound weight back on a rack. He hopes to return to the mound Monday.

"Everything that I've heard is that in four or five days I should feel dramatically better, and they can start kind of bringing me along slow to get back into a normal daily routine," Wainwright said, per the AP.

If Wainwright can't go in the opener, then the Cardinals could turn to right-handers John Lackey or Lance Lynn.

I think Lester is going to have a monster year for the Cubs.

• Like 1

I think Lester is going to have a monster year for the Cubs.

Just hope it's not one year too early...

I'm considering the same since I just got a Roku player with my tax return money and FSN West isn't included and not on that new Sling TV device for Angels games...yet. Screw cable. Besides, the commentators have sucked since Hudler left. Can't stand Gubizca and Mota. Salmon and Anderson are ok for pre and post game shows, though. Also, I'm spared Joe SBuck for Fox. He is the Bieber of sports play by play.

Edited by invisible airwave

I'm bittersweet about the upcoming Hamilton suspension. Yes, he does need help and sooner the better. It isn't easy to just quit. I know this by reading Anthony Kiedis' Scar Tissue book and reading stories of others like PS Hoffman. On the bright side, he has been a disappointment which will give Cron and Calhoun more playing time because they have some power in their bat and have impressed in their rookie seasons so far. They should be 20+ home run guys in a year or two especially with Baylor as their hitting coach.

That will make an interesting plotline for Housewives of OC since Hammy's wife is on the upcoming season. Not that I care, anyways, since reality TV can, in the words of Bender, bite my shiny metal ass.

Edited by invisible airwave