2015 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

All left handed dodger starters?

Interesting

They just picked up Kenta Maeda, a RHP.

The next Matsuzaka, huh?

Congrats to Ken Griffey,Jr. and Mike Piazza for getting into Cooperstown! But wtf, 3 people didn't vote for Griffey so it was not unanimous?? Come on, people . .

Well, Babe Ruth wasn't unanimous, so... Kenny did get the highest % ever...so that's pretty good.
  • Like 1

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/starlin-castro-cubs-yankees/

Nice goodbye to Chicago and Cub fans from Starlin Castro. So many times fans, me included, don't stop to think that these guys are people with feelings and families too.

• Like 1

Congrats to Ken Griffey,Jr. and Mike Piazza for getting into Cooperstown! But wtf, 3 people didn't vote for Griffey so it was not unanimous?? Come on, people . .

Well, Babe Ruth wasn't unanimous, so... Kenny did get the highest % ever...so that's pretty good.

Since there is a pretty significant backlog, you could have had someone who wanted to cast votes for 10 others knowing Griffey would easily get in. Hopefully there are no douchebag writers like phormer Philadelphia writer and frequent guest on the early days of the Sports Reporters (and accused pedophile) Bill Conlin who didn't vote for Nolan Ryan because "no one should get in unanimously."

• Like 1

http://www.theplayer...o-cubs-yankees/

Nice goodbye to Chicago and Cub fans from Starlin Castro. So many times fans, me included, don't stop to think that these guys are people with feelings and families too.

My respect for him shot through the roof after he reinvented himself after his benching from SS. Mad props. As long as we're not playing him, hope he does well with the Yanks

• Like 1

http://www.theplayer...o-cubs-yankees/

My respect for him shot through the roof after he reinvented himself after his benching from SS. Mad props. As long as we're not playing him, hope he does well with the Yanks

Agreed.

Is it time for spring training yet?

sadly no, but I can almost taste it.

So can the Cubbies. But that's the bile triggered by knowing that if they take even a tiny step back from their humiliating collapse last year, it will be horrific for them and their fans.

Nah, it's the salty tears of Red Sox fans knowing how much money ABs and innings that washed up players like Ramirez, Panda, and Porky will get.

But I heard when I was out for lunch that the Cardinals are paying Jedd Gyorko about $35 million over the next 3 years, so the Porcello deal doesn't look that bad.

Oh wait, it still does. But at least there's only one more year to watch their roided up DH and then maybe they can get younger.

So can the Cubbies. But that's the bile triggered by knowing that if they take even a tiny step back from their humiliating collapse last year, it will be horrific for them and their fans.

Nah, it's the salty tears of Red Sox fans knowing how much money ABs and innings that washed up players like Ramirez, Panda, and Porky will get.

But I heard when I was out for lunch that the Cardinals are paying Jedd Gyorko about $35 million over the next 3 years, so the Porcello deal doesn't look that bad.

Oh wait, it still does. But at least there's only one more year to watch their roided up DH and then maybe they can get younger.

True, Porcello hasn't had the post season success of Jake yet. Man I wish the Sox had a team like those Cubbies. Did you know they got all the way to the LCS last year?

Imagine if the Cubbies get off to a slow start? I mean, the fans are still giddy from that magical run last year. I'm sure the t-shirt ceremony on opening day will be moving, but then they'll have to win actual games. They haven't really been good at that historically.

True, Porcello hasn't had the post season success of Jake yet. Man I wish the Sox had a team like those Cubbies. Did you know they got all the way to the LCS last year?

Imagine if the Cubbies get off to a slow start? I mean, the fans are still giddy from that magical run last year. I'm sure the t-shirt ceremony on opening day will be moving, but then they'll have to win actual games. They haven't really been good at that historically.

Speaking of history, there'll be almost a whole regular season of Laker games to use as a preview of what it will be like in Boston this year as a team showcases their aging "superstar" instead of trying to win. Or maybe you could find a replay of the 2014 Yankee season. Should be fun, watching the crowd chant "Derek Jeter Bii--iig Papi" for three and a half hours during those otherwise meaningless October games. Maybe they could make a one day trade for their last home game so that Papi could face Rick Porcello so he won't strike out to end his career at the "Fens".

Speaking of history, there'll be almost a whole regular season of Laker games to use as a preview of what it will be like in Boston this year as a team showcases their aging "superstar" instead of trying to win. Or maybe you could find a replay of the 2014 Yankee season. Should be fun, watching the crowd chant "Derek Jeter Bii--iig Papi" for three and a half hours during those otherwise meaningless October games. Maybe they could make a one day trade for their last home game so that Papi could face Rick Porcello so he won't strike out to end his career at the "Fens".

Yes, because if there's one position that demands youth, it's DH.

Did you know Maddon is really smart?