2015 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

BC, did you see Soler, Baez, and Bryant go back to back to back against the Indians yesterday?

Nah, I didn't. This month's been getting really busy for me with the end of term coming up so I haven't been paying much attention to baseball. Probably going to not be paying much attention until May when I have a breather.

And when Kris Bryant gets called up so he's under team control till 2021.

I went to an Iowa Cubs game a couple years back, it was a ton of fun.

Two years ago they might have been better than the major league club. :)

^Truth.

As a Cardinal fan, I look at Soler and think he could be the next real deal Cardinal killer. He's gotta stay healthy, but something about the guy screams clutch.

• Like 1

BC, did you see Soler, Baez, and Bryant go back to back to back against the Indians yesterday?

Nah, I didn't. This month's been getting really busy for me with the end of term coming up so I haven't been paying much attention to baseball. Probably going to not be paying much attention until May when I have a breather.

And when Kris Bryant gets called up so he's under team control till 2021.

I went to an Iowa Cubs game a couple years back, it was a ton of fun.

Two years ago they might have been better than the major league club. :)

^Truth.

As a Cardinal fan, I look at Soler and think he could be the next real deal Cardinal killer. He's gotta stay healthy, but something about the guy screams clutch.

We shall see very soon.

I am in Vegas this weekend and went to the Cubs game today. Bryant hit 2 HRs, he is going too be good.

And under Cub control till 2021. :)

http://oak.ctx.ly/r/2o3b8

7 and 8 on the spring for Bryant.

I love this kid. It sucks that he's not officially on the team! WTF? I read he needs glove work. Not bat work.

He should start.

He'll start as soon as the calendar says he can do so and be under team control till 2021.

Just wanna say...... so ready for the season.

Me too, since Sports Illustrated picked the Tribe to win the World Series... :eyeroll:

Me too, since Sports Illustrated picked the Tribe to win the World Series... :eyeroll:

I could be okay with that. But, yeah, sometimes SI just tries to be a hipster like that.

• Like 1

I could be okay with that. But, yeah, sometimes SI just tries to be a hipster like that.

Remember in the mid to late 80s when SI picked the Indians to win the AL and they lost 100 games?

One more week before the season starts.

There's actually hope this year. Ordered Extra Innings and it's time to go!

Remember in the mid to late 80s when SI picked the Indians to win the AL and they lost 100 games?

Yes, 1984 or 85? Had Joe Carter & Corey Snyder on the cover 'Indian Uprising" they lost 101 games that season...

Yes, 1984 or 85? Had Joe Carter & Corey Snyder on the cover 'Indian Uprising" they lost 101 games that season...

CA4PpDQWQAAJyH_.jpg

Love the box in the cover's upper left though.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

I really don't know were any of this hype has any merit whatsoever but it dose seem to be the trend by the media this year. Cleveland is competitive that's for certain in the AL Central. All the way up to the last week 2014 season they were in playoff contention. But they didn't improve at all in the off season offensively where they desperately need improvement besides Michael Brantley who was one of the bright spots in the lineup. Pitching Tribe looks quite good that's the strong point but defensive errors were a nightmare last season...

CA4PpDQWQAAJyH_.jpg

Wait? So that is *NOT* Roger Dorn and Pedro Cerrano? I mean, because, you know, that Indians team from the 1980s was pretty good? :huh:

• Like 2

CA4PpDQWQAAJyH_.jpg

Wait? So that is *NOT* Roger Dorn and Pedro Cerrano? I mean, because, you know, that Indians team from the 1980s was pretty good? :huh:

They were close but they could never overcome the curse of firing Ken Aspromonte. I'm not aware of any curse to be honest, I just wanted a chance to type Aspromonte.

• Like 1

CA4PpDQWQAAJyH_.jpg

They were close but they could never overcome the curse of firing Ken Aspromonte. I'm not aware of any curse to be honest, I just wanted a chance to type Aspromonte.

Lol, I don't remember the Indians ever being close at being "good" in the 80's..or 70's. Perhaps thinking about the movie Major League :) But yes there was or still is? A fabled curse to explain the Indians decades of non championship success.(But what about our other teams sport failures?) It is called the curse of Rocky Colavito, involving a trade of Cleveland fan favorite Colavito 1959 Home run champion and Tigers Harvey Kuenn hitting champ spring of 1960.The architect of the trade was then Indians GM Dick "trader" Lane who completely dismantled a winning Indians team trading everyone whom he inherited in a short time span of two years. The Colavito, Kuenn trade was a disaster for Cleveland and the downward spiral of miserable baseball began as fans stayed away and losing seasons lasted well into the early 1990's. Cleveland sports writer Terry Pluto wrote a entertaining book on it called "The Curse Of Rocky Colavito" A loving look at a thirty year slump 1960-1993 Edited by softfilter

CA4PpDQWQAAJyH_.jpg

Lol, I don't remember the Indians ever being close at being "good" in the 80's..or 70's. Perhaps thinking about the movie Major League :) But yes there was or still is? A fabled curse to explain the Indians decades of non championship success.(But what about our other teams sport failures?) It is called the curse of Rocky Colavito, involving a trade of Cleveland fan favorite Colavito 1959 Home run champion and Tigers Harvey Kuenn hitting champ spring of 1960.The architect of the trade was then Indians GM Dick "trader" Lane who completely dismantled a winning Indians team trading everyone whom he inherited in a short time span of two years. The Colavito, Kuenn trade was a disaster for Cleveland and the downward spiral of miserable baseball began as fans stayed away and losing seasons lasted well into the early 1990's. Cleveland sports writer Terry Pluto wrote a entertaining book on it called "The Curse Of Rocky Colavito" A loving look at a thirty year slump 1960-1993

Pluto is a wonderful writer. I'll have to try to find the book.

I think the Indians averaged being 20 games out during that period.

Twins SP Ervin Santana suspended 80 games for PEDs.

There goes the Twins' shot at the playoffs.

Just kidding, they had no shot. But now they're probably even money to lose 100 games.

• Like 1

Twins SP Ervin Santana suspended 80 games for PEDs.

I don't get why this should happen now adays... you know you will be tested and there are millions of dollars on the line if you are busted/suspended. Is it carelessness or it won't happen to me attitude, but I gotta get that edge? Not to mention the damage to a reputation...

Edited by RushCanuck