NASCAR 2015 Season

KenJennings

Now here's hoping that Hamlin can wreck Harvick after what he pulled at Talledega.

Hamlin is a punk for insinuating what he did.

And if he touches Harvick, Joe Gibbs' whole organization needs to be thrown out of the chase. They are the most pitiful bunch of chicken shits in NASCAR.

Edited by KenJennings

Matt Kenseth has turned into a real piece of trash. I don't know if it's being surrounded by those Gibbs teammates or what... But he needs to be suspended.

But Ken, you just heard him, he couldn't get it to turn. ; ) Just had to run into Joey Logano. Sheesh. I'm just glad Jeff Gordon was able to stay out of it.

It's one thing to do what he did, but to do what he did for no reason (he wasn't racing for a win or a championship), but to do it and then not be man enough to admit it... Just chicken.

Umm there's a reason he wasn't racing for a win or a championship.

Yeah, I know.

He's out of the hunt because he decided to play chicken with Logano, and Logano held his line.

Kenseth wrecked himself. You don't turn down into a guy who's got a fender on you, and then act like you're the victim.

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/inexcusable-move-should-embarrass-kenseth-his-team-sponsors-and-toyota/

Former Cup championship crew chief and fellow NASCAR TV analyst Larry McReynolds took an even harder line on Kenseth.

“What Matt Kenseth did was so far beyond the ‘boys have at it’ excuse that it doesn’t belong in the same conversation. It was a very unclassy move, and if NASCAR doesn’t drop the hammer hard on him, shame on them,” McReynolds said.

“I lived the ‘do anything for a win’ motto for two years working with Dale Earnhardt, who would have wrecked his mother to win a race. I’m fine with that when it’s for a win. But when a driver is laps down, rides around and waits on someone to come around the track, drives them into the wall and purposely wrecks them, that action is way over the line.

“What Kenseth did should embarrass him, his team, his sponsors and Toyota. Yesterday was a huge black eye for our sport, and if NASCAR doesn’t do something serious to Kenseth, shame on them.”

Larry Mac absolutely hits the nail on the head.

If I cared enough, I'd post the quotes from all the drivers and commentators supporting Kenseth. Logano and Kesolowski are cum-guzzling punks. If Harvick's bullshit excuse didn't warrant a punishment, then Kenseth is in the clear too. After all, he had a tire going down. He said it on the radio. I believe him.

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/inexcusable-move-should-embarrass-kenseth-his-team-sponsors-and-toyota/

Former Cup championship crew chief and fellow NASCAR TV analyst Larry McReynolds took an even harder line on Kenseth.

“What Matt Kenseth did was so far beyond the ‘boys have at it’ excuse that it doesn’t belong in the same conversation. It was a very unclassy move, and if NASCAR doesn’t drop the hammer hard on him, shame on them,” McReynolds said.

“I lived the ‘do anything for a win’ motto for two years working with Dale Earnhardt, who would have wrecked his mother to win a race. I’m fine with that when it’s for a win. But when a driver is laps down, rides around and waits on someone to come around the track, drives them into the wall and purposely wrecks them, that action is way over the line.

“What Kenseth did should embarrass him, his team, his sponsors and Toyota. Yesterday was a huge black eye for our sport, and if NASCAR doesn’t do something serious to Kenseth, shame on them.”

Larry Mac absolutely hits the nail on the head.

Larry Mac is a f***ing clown. Earnhardt was a dirty piece of shit. Dumb f**k should've known better than to try to block when Marlin had position.

I think we've all now seen everything we need to from Mr. Hunter to know what his opinion is worth.

:LOL:

I guess now we know why Counterparts is such a dead zone.

I seem to have upset you young man. I am sorry.

No I'm not.

You sound butthurt. This confirms the Logano cum-guzzling suspicion. I'll leave you two lovebirds alone.

There's been no bigger critic of Logano here than KJ. He even compared him to Danica, for God's sake.

I would tell you to just comment about things you actually know something about, but that's likely nothing....

In that case, why don't you save your comments for something you actually know something about. Like homophobia. And homophobia. And...homophobia.

All I know from the point I first commented on this thread, is the young lad Jennings is a hothead who will NOT tolerate being disagreed with. It's kinda cute. Like talking to my 8-yr old.

Especially when he uses multisyllabic words like cumguzzler. You must be so proud. Did you teach him that one or did he teach you?

I'm a little surprised at the decision to make this a two race suspension... I think a one race suspension would've honestly been more appropriate, or a three race suspension would've just meant the end of Kenseth's season...

Either way, message sent. I just hope the temper tantrums end and we can get back to racing.

• Like 2

I'm a little surprised at the decision to make this a two race suspension... I think a one race suspension would've honestly been more appropriate, or a three race suspension would've just meant the end of Kenseth's season...

Either way, message sent. I just hope the temper tantrums end and we can get back to racing.

Yes, what's up with that? It's like they couldn't decide between one race or taking away the rest of his season. Typical NASCAR.

Penalty upheld on appeal.

I agree that Kenseth deserved a stiff penalty, but two races seems extreme given that Jeff Gordon and Carl Edwards were (probably wrongly) not suspended for similar acts at Phoenix and Atlanta respectively, a few years back.

I think a one race suspension precedent would be a good thing to set for situations like this.

Edited by KenJennings

I wish they would've just postponed the race. There ought to be a rule that if a race has to be delayed four hours, it gets postponed til the next day.

It's pretty sad that a race with for season ending implications gets cut in half at an inopportune moment because of NASCAR's obstinate refusal to postpone a race.

• Like 1

I wish they would've just postponed the race. There ought to be a rule that if a race has to be delayed four hours, it gets postponed til the next day.

It's pretty sad that a race with for season ending implications gets cut in half at an inopportune moment because of NASCAR's obstinate refusal to postpone a race.

I think that's a good idea; husband and I have been at Richmond when they postponed a race until the next day but there really was no sign of let up and it was the spring race, not the fall, so no one was counting the days until the next Chase race. I'm not one of those totally in love with Dale Jr.; nor do I despise him like some others, but I do think he gets special treatment from NASCAR sometimes and it doesn't surprise me that they decided to call it with him in the lead; I know, it started raining harder and the pit road deal, but still. I wonder sometimes about the revenue, interest, ticket sales etc he brings in when he is driving well compared to other drivers the way NASCAR goes to bat for him. (My conspiracy theory for the day! :D)

I think that's a good idea; husband and I have been at Richmond when they postponed a race until the next day but there really was no sign of let up and it was the spring race, not the fall, so no one was counting the days until the next Chase race. I'm not one of those totally in love with Dale Jr.; nor do I despise him like some others, but I do think he gets special treatment from NASCAR sometimes and it doesn't surprise me that they decided to call it with him in the lead; I know, it started raining harder and the pit road deal, but still. I wonder sometimes about the revenue, interest, ticket sales etc he brings in when he is driving well compared to other drivers the way NASCAR goes to bat for him. (My conspiracy theory for the day! :D)

There's no doubt that NASCAR's willing to bend to suit Jr. at times, but I don't think it's terribly egregious. Hell, I think it's mostly out of fear. His fans are like rabid dogs sometimes. NASCAR had no way of planning to call the race right when they did to suit Jr. The writing was on the wall as soon as the rain came hard enough to lose the track. Having to pull the jet dryers back out and dry the track again at that time of night was out of the question.

The mistake they made was starting the race to begin with. They knew it was too late to continue drying the track if rain came back in, and they knew that rain was coming back in. It was just poor judgment to go ahead with the race.

• Like 1

There's no doubt that NASCAR's willing to bend to suit Jr. at times, but I don't think it's terribly egregious. Hell, I think it's mostly out of fear. His fans are like rabid dogs sometimes. NASCAR had no way of planning to call the race right when they did to suit Jr. The writing was on the wall as soon as the rain came hard enough to lose the track. Having to pull the jet dryers back out and dry the track again at that time of night was out of the question.

The mistake they made was starting the race to begin with. They knew it was too late to continue drying the track if rain came back in, and they knew that rain was coming back in. It was just poor judgment to go ahead with the race.

Good point about Jr's fans, ha ha. We sat next to one at Richmond once and it was a little scary. Yes, who would figure so much rain in Phoenix? I felt bad for the fans who had already been sitting there an extra seven hours.

This title is now between Gordon and Busch. There are too many drivers with scores to settle with Harvick. It won't be anything as glorious as what Kenseth did to the little pussy, but don't be surprised to see Hamlin accidently rub a tire and cause a flat. Junior has a balance with Harvick as well, but even though he's bulletproof, he doesn't have the stones for it.

And Martin Truex is nice and all, but he's just not in the same league.