Playing One Album in Entirety for R40 - Waves or Signals?

Bard

Signals or Permanent Waves on the R40 Tour?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. If R-40 tour includes playing one album in its entirety, should it be Permanent Waves or Signals?

If they did a Time Machine Moving Pictures thing for the first set on the R40 tour, would you rather hear Signals or Permanent Waves?

It's a tough choice for me, but I gotta go with Signals. Even though they're never gonna play Countdown. Still, a man can hope.

Tough one...I'd be happy to hear either one of them live in its entirety but I went with Permanent Waves on the basis that it's celebrating its 35th anniversary this year which makes it an "appropriate" occasion to play it live on the tour in which the band is celebrating its 40th anniversary (even though their 40th anniversary was really last year).

As far as songs from Signals go however, I'd love to hear Countdown live on this tour...Chemistry as well!

Definitely hemispheres. Never gonna happen. It's R40, so the can't devote a whole set to one album. Too much history to cover. I'm betting on a new R40 overture this tour, and maybe a new montage of old video and/or photos rather than an album in its entirety. Gump mentioned lots of old material, which is fine by me. I'm expecting a much more well-rounded setlist this time, but I'm absolutely convinced a lot of people on the internets will complain that it sucks, because they played "these songs" and didn't play "those songs." Edited by HalfwayToGone
  • Like 1

I say play whole Counterparts instead, great songs on that album!

I love Counterparts, but I can't imagine they would play the whole album as a part of the regular set. (Maybe if they read your post, they will do a European leg, and play all of Counterparts just in Sweden).

I voted Permanent Waves in the poll. I don't really need to hear Subdivisions again (nor Chemistry, New World Man, or Losing It), but I would go ape shit over just about everything on Permanent Waves. I guess The Spirit of Radio and Freewill would not be uncommon, though I personally haven't seen Freewill performed in more than 20 years...but if they did happen to do Jacob's Ladder right after those...then I would know, for sure, that it's on...!! :)

• Like 1

I like Signals more than Permanent Waves, but I'm voting for PeW since we only got TSOR last tour, and any setlist with Natural Science is a setlist I like :D that and it means we get Different Strings and Entre Nous!
  • Like 1

Waves by a country mile. Or a New York mile...they're both the same.

NatSci live HAS to happen, no matter what else they play.

• Like 2

Permanent Waves is only 36 minutes long.

If they play 3 hours, it would barely make a dent in the setlist, because 2-3 of the songs would be there anyways.

I think this could happen. So I vote PW

They are never playing Losing It, or playing Countdown again.

Natural Science tips the scales for me. One of the top 3-4 songs ever IMO. Don't really care to see Different Strings, but I don't care to see Losing It either so that's a wash. Would love Digital Man and The Weapon from Signals. I hope they don't do either in their entirety.

Personally I would much, much, much, much, much rather see them do Hemispheres.

• Like 1

Natural Science tips the scales for me. One of the top 3-4 songs ever IMO. Don't really care to see Different Strings, but I don't care to see Losing It either so that's a wash. Would love Digital Man and The Weapon from Signals. I hope they don't do either in their entirety.

Personally I would much, much, much, much, much rather see them do Hemispheres.

I would too, but outside of maybe CoS and the debut, there's nothing they're less likely to play in its entirety. And even if they did, you'd want to see it on the first night of the tour, or there won't be any songs with vocals you'd want to hear.

If they did a Time Machine Moving Pictures thing for the first set on the R40 tour, would you rather hear Signals or Permanent Waves?

It's a tough choice for me, but I gotta go with Signals. Even though they're never gonna play Countdown. Still, a man can hope.

WAVES!

• Like 1

Waves.

My favorite Rush album. And IMO one of their Fav's too.

It's time for Jacobs Ladder and Different Strings live. And getting to hear Entre Nous and Natural Science again makes it even sweeter.

DO IT!!!!!