More material from Counterparts

Bytor and the Snow-Dog

Am I in the minority by saying that I love Stick It Out?

If you are, I'm in it with you. I always liked this song a lot, from the moment I heard that very cool opening riff. :guitar:

Definitely one of my favorites from the boys :haz:

• Like 1

If you are, I'm in it with you. I always liked this song a lot, from the moment I heard that very cool opening riff. :guitar:

I think it's one of the heaviest songs they've ever done.

I think it's one of the heaviest songs they've ever done.

I think so too. The solo rips. I really like this one.

• Like 1

I have been re-enjoying this Counterparts record for a couple of days now. To me it's like reading a good book. Each & everytime you do, you discover something different. Even if just the passage of time in our own lives changes the interpretation.

I think I actually posted this comment on another thread but my sometimers (hasn't turned into alltimers yet) will not allow me to find it and copy/paste it so here goes. After all are there any bad rush songs? Some maybe completely wierd but not bad. impo anyhoo Play'em ALL ;-P

This time I was able to copy and paste

nuff said ;-P

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Does anyone hope that on the r40 tour they do more material from counterparts? Would love to see leave that thing alone live.

The 90s were no their strongest years.

If this tour is about the favorites, the songs that got the most response from audiences, (as NP said) then they'll be doing the "hits" from every decade and not digging deep.

Which is fine by me.

Even in a thread about Counterparts, my beloved Superconductor gets bashed. Really?!

Soz. I was only using it as an example. I just don't like that song very much. But hey, I love Tai Shan! Can we consider that a fair trade?

Close enough. Superconductor is better than Tai Shan, but I like both.

I agree that this is going to be a "hits" tour. Therefore either Stick It Out or Animate will probably make the cut although I'd love to hear Cut To The Chase.

It'll be hits but by what Rush means "hits" they mean the radio hits, but with fan favorites and resurrected old songs they and at least some of the fans have wanted to dig out.

Cut To The Chase might just make it *fingers crossed*

I agree that this is going to be a "hits" tour. Therefore either Stick It Out or Animate will probably make the cut although I'd love to hear Cut To The Chase.

Cut To the Chase would be great, but Animate? Haven't they played that a number of times? Alien Shore has never been played. Yes it's lyrics are meh, but it would be interesting to hear the music live.

CP has got to be the goofiest Record they ever recorded. I don't mean goofy as in oh that rush so much fun......i mean goofy as in just STOP, lol. Nobody's Hero, Speed of Love, Alien Shore, Double Agent, Cold Fire. Awful.

I would have to disagree with this, I would say Test For Echo was the goofiest RUSH album. Seriously, TFE, Dog years, Virtuality, to name a few! My only CP song that I skip every time is Stick It Out (Yuck).

Even in a thread about Counterparts, my beloved Superconductor gets bashed. Really?!

It sucks. And I only can say that about a handful of Rush songs.

That is one of them.

It does NOT suck!!! One of my favorites from Presto!!! Don't listen to him, Disk!

That is one of them.

It does NOT suck!!! One of my favorites from Presto!!! Don't listen to him, Disk!

You Have to Admit, the Video Sucks, It Really Sucksssssssssssss! Good song though.
  • Like 1

I was never a huge fan of Counterparts. But lately I have been listening to it. Now I love it. I would love to hear some songs off it. There are some amazing songs (preferably something other then just animate). Cut to the chase and nobodys hero especially.

That is one of them.

You Have to Admit, the Video Sucks, It Really Sucksssssssssssss! Good song though.

Okay, the video isn't great. But the song is pretty catchy.

That is one of them.

Seriously underrated. It's fun, catchy, bouncy, and just awesome. I wonder what the band thinks of it…

• Like 2

CP has got to be the goofiest Record they ever recorded. I don't mean goofy as in oh that rush so much fun......i mean goofy as in just STOP, lol. Nobody's Hero, Speed of Love, Alien Shore, Double Agent, Cold Fire. Awful.

I would have to disagree with this, I would say Test For Echo was the goofiest RUSH album. Seriously, TFE, Dog years, Virtuality, to name a few! My only CP song that I skip every time is Stick It Out (Yuck).

Lay off the bad :smoke:

That is one of them.

Seriously underrated. It's fun, catchy, bouncy, and just awesome. I wonder what the band thinks of it…

I love the recording the most. Loud and in your face! :rush:

• Like 1