Classic shows that havn't aged well

Xanadoood

I used to watch Family Ties when I was a kid, but now I find the whole goody two shoes vibe too much. Yuck!

I also watched that show that had Joe Cocker's With A Little Help From My Friends as the opening theme. Forgot the name of the show, but I wonder how that would hold up today?

The Wonder Years. Yeah, way more than Family Ties.

Love both!

I remember when I was younger that the daughter in Family Ties looked quite cute :moose: . Hope she hasn't turned into a botox-monster.

Edit: Couldn't resist Googling her. Botox-monster no, but wish I had stayed with my memory. :doh:

Winnie Cooper from the Wonder Years was on Dancing with the Stars not too far back...

http://media2.s-nbcnews.com/j/streams/2014/March/140318/2D274905397452-140317-danica-mckellar-rh.blocks_desktop_medium.jpg

Oh yeah!! :ebert:

Saw one of the new Priceline ads and Capt Kirk is starting to look like Scotty round the middle.

Isn't he over 80? He's entitled. :)

The Shat...all praise him...The Shat is 83 and has been looking like Scotty round the middle since 1994.

http://filmjunk.com/images/weblog/2013/12/gilligansisland.jpg

I tried to watch this with my kids a few years back. Not as funny as I remember it. :( My kids thought I had something wrong with me to have ever thought it was funny.

I think it's as funny as most of the sitcoms out there today. Which is to say, not at all. I used to watch this show when it was on but it was always really predictable. I remember thinking how annoying and stupid that they kept failing to escape. :LOL:

I tried to watch this with my kids a few years back. Not as funny as I remember it. :( My kids thought I had something wrong with me to have ever thought it was funny.

I think it's as funny as most of the sitcoms out there today. Which is to say, not at all. I used to watch this show when it was on but it was always really predictable. I remember thinking how annoying and stupid that they kept failing to escape. :LOL:

I love Gilligan's Island! I love the absurdity and the slapstick. That and the childhood memories.

• Like 5

I used to watch Family Ties when I was a kid, but now I find the whole goody two shoes vibe too much. Yuck!

I also watched that show that had Joe Cocker's With A Little Help From My Friends as the opening theme. Forgot the name of the show, but I wonder how that would hold up today?

Love boat!

Really? That was a classic? :scared:
  • Like 1

Three's Company. It's a little rough trying to watch that now.

I remember watching that every week. It was funny at the time but I can definitely see why it would seem stupid now.

I love Gilligan's Island! I love the absurdity and the slapstick. That and the childhood memories.

Agreed. And that's how it needs to stay for me.

Seinfeld seasons 6 to 9. During season 5 it started to transition into a completely different show than the classic it was during seasons 1 through 4.

Early Seinfeld great, late Seinfeld bad.

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 2

Most of the episodes in the original Star Trek. Some episodes are timeless, but the majority of them are overly sexist and/or cheesy... which I suppose are funny to watch in a Nic Cage kind of way but I don't think anyone can really take those episodes seriously any more.

insp_captkirk5b55d.jpg

http://www.fantascienza.com/cinema/star-trek-4/media/14.jpg

• Like 1

Love boat!

Never cared for "The Love Boat". :P

Edited by troutman

Most of the episodes in the original Star Trek. Some episodes are timeless, but the majority of them are overly sexist and/or cheesy... which I suppose are funny to watch in a Nic Cage kind of way but I don't think anyone can really take those episodes seriously any more.

It's funny, I watch the original Star Trek, I find myself surprised by how forward-looking it was.

• Like 1

It's funny, I watch the original Star Trek, I find myself surprised by how forward-looking it was.

My memories of watching the show were a bit different than reality. I decided to rent the series on Netflix a couple of years ago and was surprised that it wasn't as corny or hokey as I remembered it being. The special effects might be a little less refined than they are now, but otherwise it really holds up.

• Like 1

My memories of watching the show were a bit different than reality. I decided to rent the series on Netflix a couple of years ago and was surprised that it wasn't as corny or hokey as I remembered it being. The special effects might be a little less refined than they are now, but otherwise it really holds up.

Right, and the recent Blu Ray remasters with (tastefully) added CGI effects make it even better.

Anyone who enjoys the tone of the original Star Trek should check out the three episodes of Star Trek Continues. These guys have done some amazing work recreating it.

• Like 2

Love boat!

47e34548-4a63-47f2-9ccf-1d82ef92e295.jpg

Isaac says YES!

Love boat!

Isaac says YES!

Isaac Hayes?

• Like 1

Love boat!

Isaac says YES!

Isaac Hayes?

Isaac Newton. The Love Boat had gravitas, Babycat.