Classic shows that havn't aged well

Xanadoood

Cheers popped up in my Netflix recently. For shits and giggles, i started watching from season 1, episode 1. The jokes are cute. I get the appeal of why it was popular during its time. But by todays standards, it comes across as goofy. I hate to use the term, but it's dated IMO.

Any other shows you have come across from years ago that now don't hold up?

• Like 1

Friends. Dreadful then. Dreadful and dated now.

I was going to say Friends but it's not in any sense of the word a classic show.

80's stuff in general doesn't hold up very well, especially considering how popular the shows were back in the day. That Alex P. Keaton show is another example...Family Ties.Any of the shows that were kind of full of themselves don't hold up well. On the other hand, something like Full House or Saved by the Bell seems to be able to cross generations.

My 9 year old son likes the Andy Griffith Show a lot.

• Like 1

Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In (I watched an episode a while back. It was WAY funnier when I was a kid.)
  • Like 2

I used to watch Family Ties when I was a kid, but now I find the whole goody two shoes vibe too much. Yuck!

I also watched that show that had Joe Cocker's With A Little Help From My Friends as the opening theme. Forgot the name of the show, but I wonder how that would hold up today?

I used to watch Family Ties when I was a kid, but now I find the whole goody two shoes vibe too much. Yuck!

I also watched that show that had Joe Cocker's With A Little Help From My Friends as the opening theme. Forgot the name of the show, but I wonder how that would hold up today?

The Wonder Years. Yeah, way more than Family Ties.

• Like 3

Cheers popped up in my Netflix recently. For shits and giggles, i started watching from season 1, episode 1. The jokes are cute. I get the appeal of why it was popular during its time. But by todays standards, it comes across as goofy. I hate to use the term, but it's dated IMO.

Any other shows you have come across from years ago that now don't hold up?

I will take it over the crap that is on today. :LOL:

Love both!

Most of the episodes in the original Star Trek. Some episodes are timeless, but the majority of them are overly sexist and/or cheesy... which I suppose are funny to watch in a Nic Cage kind of way but I don't think anyone can really take those episodes seriously any more.

What's Happening- I tried to watch one and , how was this ever on TV?

Also Magnum PI is really hard to watch. Maybe it's the huge mustache.

Most of the episodes in the original Star Trek. Some episodes are timeless, but the majority of them are overly sexist and/or cheesy... which I suppose are funny to watch in a Nic Cage kind of way but I don't think anyone can really take those episodes seriously any more.

insp_captkirk5b55d.jpg
  • Like 1

insp_captkirk5b55d.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/CxKXtKz.gif

Edited by USB Connector
  • Like 1

Love both!

I remember when I was younger that the daughter in Family Ties looked quite cute :moose: . Hope she hasn't turned into a botox-monster.

Edit: Couldn't resist Googling her. Botox-monster no, but wish I had stayed with my memory. :doh:

Edited by The Analog Grownup
  • Like 1

Love both!

I remember when I was younger that the daughter in Family Ties looked quite cute :moose: . Hope she hasn't turned into a botox-monster.

Edit: Couldn't resist Googling her. Botox-monster no, but wish I had stayed with my memory. :doh:

Winnie Cooper from the Wonder Years was on Dancing with the Stars not too far back...

http://media2.s-nbcnews.com/j/streams/2014/March/140318/2D274905397452-140317-danica-mckellar-rh.blocks_desktop_medium.jpg

• Like 3