TIFWIW

Jaminbenb

Found this on FB...someone posted this on the "Rush Collective" group Who knows what, where, how, etc...:

LAST TOUR....SO F*CK HEAVY MAN!!!

I HEARD THEY ARE GOING "OLD SCHOOL" STYLE...

STRIPPING IT BACK...

NO ROTATING DRUMS, NO ELECTRONIC DRUMS, TONS & TONS & TONS OR AMPS....NO MORE OF THIS STUPID F*KN WASHERS & CHICKEN CRAP....FULL ON!!!!

THEY ARE IN FACT PLAYING...

& I HAVE CONFIRMED THIS W/MT "SOURCES" AT LEAST 3X

SO BELIVE IT...OR KISS MY A$$!!!

HERE GOES...

THEY ARE 110% PLAYING...

-XANADU (in full w/lasers)

-JACBOB'S LADDER (in full...)

-KID GLOVES

-TOM SAWYER

-THE SPIRIT OF RADIO

-2112 INTRO/TEMPLE/FINALE

-IN THE MOON/FINDING MY WAY/WORKING MAN MEDLY

-LOSING IT

-COUNTDOWN

-CLOSER TO THE HEART

-FLY BY NIGHT/BY-TOR/IN THE END MEDLY

-GOING BALD (1/4 SONG/JOKE)

-LIME LIGHT

-THE TREES

-LA VILLA

-CYGNUS X-1

-SUBDIVISIONS

-YYZ

-WHAT YOU'RE DOING

-SOMETHING FOR NOTHING

• Like 1

Xanadu... Trees... Jacob's Ladder... Losing It... Countdown...Cygnus...La Villa... all personal favorites and as awesome as that would sound... too good to be... feasible... plausible... unlikely.... guess we'll soon find out.

I wouldn't believe anything written by someone in ALL CAPS with dollar sign$ for "s" and littered with swear words...

Some of it might be true, as any fan might come up with (like amps instead of satillites, fridges, chicken ovens, etc...), even though they can stick all kinds of non-functioning amps on stage for visual effect, but this makes no difference in sound since they don't use stage amps for sound anymore. I never had a problem with Alex's weird satillite looking "amps", or any of Geddy's "amp" setups over the years. I've always thought they were all cool. The way Alex's amps worked visually on the CA tour was perfect in my book.

The only guarantees right now are Tom Sawyer, some form of 2112, and the Spirit of Radio. Very likely are YYZ, Subdivisions, Limelight, La Villa Strangiato, and Working Man. Xanadu is likely, Closer to the Heart and The Trees are possible. Everything else has little to no chance of being played live.

Then again, I'm not connected with the band in any way, so I may be wrong here! :LOL:

I wouldn't believe anything written by someone in ALL CAPS with dollar sign$ for "s" and littered with swear words...

Some of it might be true, as any fan might come up with (like amps instead of satillites, fridges, chicken ovens, etc...), even though they can stick all kinds of non-functioning amps on stage for visual effect, but this makes no difference in sound since they don't use stage amps for sound anymore. I never had a problem with Alex's weird satillite looking "amps", or any of Geddy's "amp" setups over the years. I've always thought they were all cool. The way Alex's amps worked visually on the CA tour was perfect in my book.

I censored things...the $ and the *...

I just don't get the whole "caps" thing...and apparently whomever is putting that out there is standing by it for some reason...

I'm thinking that these are probable/realistic:

-XANADU

-TOM SAWYER

-THE SPIRIT OF RADIO

-2112 INTRO/TEMPLE/FINALE

-IN THE MOON/FINDING MY WAY/WORKING MAN MEDLY (or something from the first few in a medley)

-CLOSER TO THE HEART

-LIME LIGHT

-THE TREES

-LA VILLA

-SUBDIVISIONS

-YYZ

The rest I'm skeptical...I think they WOULD have done Losing It LAST tour since they had a built in violin player..the fact that nothing after Signals except Kid Gloves REALLY makes me skeptical... (and that's why I put it up as TIFWIW)

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be true or at least that they're trying that list out in rehearsals. Losing it is the only real question mark, but with a strings track pre-recorded it's completely feasible, and the vocals/lyrics are both doable for Geddy and completely appropriate for a final tour "of this magnitude." That said, it depends probably on how these come together or not in rehearsals, and there's still about 4 months for things to change. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they throw in a few more songs to alternate like they did last time.
  • Like 1

Losing It...yes yes yes it must be played.

360 another great Mopar engine.

340 ;)

I hope this is legit! No stage props! I've been waiting for so long for RUSH to go old school. Think MP or Signals Tour.

I'd rather not think of an "old school Rush show" for me that is an approximately 2 hour show with some piece of crap opening act such as Riot, Primus, Mr. Big, or Tommy Shaw.

Edited by Syrinx Priest
  • Like 1

THEY ARE IN FACT PLAYING...

& I HAVE CONFIRMED THIS W/MT "SOURCES" AT LEAST 3X

SO BELIVE IT...OR KISS MY A$$!!!

HERE GOES...

THEY ARE 110% PLAYING!!....

Wow.. Why would anyone even read this crap let alone take it seriously??

I hope this is legit! No stage props! I've been waiting for so long for RUSH to go old school. Think MP or Signals Tour.

I'd rather not think of an "old school Rush show" for me that is an approximately 2 hour show with some piece of crap opening act such as Riot, Primus, Mr. Big, or Tommy Shaw.

Did you seriously just call Primus a piece of crap?