Steely Dan

Lorraine

I am still getting to grips with the beautiful Aja. Will keep a clise eye on this wonderful band!
  • Like 1

I am still getting to grips with the beautiful Aja. Will keep a clise eye on this wonderful band!

Masterpiece . The album and song.

I didnt like it at first, but being a patient, open minded listener I decided one spin wasn't enough to judge.

And I was right. It is a keeper!

• Like 1

Love The Dan. I've seen them several times. They have such a cool sound, and Aja is one of the greatest sounding albums ever, IMO.

Were they any good in concert or were you disappointed?

They sounded great. Top notch guys in the band. I saw them during the summer at an outdoor venue, and the atmosphere was awesome. Fun show.

I know in the 70s, they stopped touring early on cause they just didn't like the grind, and they are perfectionists.

• Like 1

I think it was on Netflix that I saw the making of Aja. Fascinating to listen to Fagen and Becker discuss each song and their making. Perfectionists without a doubt... Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 2

Not my style of music, though they are damn good musicians without a doubt. I have listened to Aja all the way through.

I'll have to sit down and give them a proper chance at some point. Like Rush, they've got nothing to prove, they're great songwriters and musicians.

• Like 1

Love em to death

You really can't go wrong with any of these

Countdown to Ecstasy

Pretzel Logic

Katy Lied

Royal Scam

Aja

I even like Gaucho.....even though that's rated lower.

Top 10 band for sure.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 3

I think it was on Netflix that I saw the making of Aja. Fascinating to listen to Fagen and Becker discuss each song and their making. Perfectionists without a doubt...

I love stuff like that.

I'm always interested in hearing what went into the making of each song.

• Like 1

Masterpiece . The album and song.

Aja is a masterpiece, especially the song.

When I listen to the song, I always like to think of a tango-like dance being done during that music break in the song.

Love em to death

Countdown to Ecstasy

Pretzel Logic

Katy Lied

Royal Scam

Aja

Top 10 band for sure.

Mick

Mick, I never knew until today you liked them.

Where's Troutman? I have to wheedle him for the other CDs........

• Like 1

Love em to death

Countdown to Ecstasy

Pretzel Logic

Katy Lied

Royal Scam

Aja

Top 10 band for sure.

Mick

I fell for them later in my music life. Like 19. Donald Fagen just captivated me.....such a quirky cool guy. And Becker. Stone cold nerds, lol. Especially when they talk.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

Love em to death

Countdown to Ecstasy

Pretzel Logic

Katy Lied

Royal Scam

Aja

Top 10 band for sure.

Mick

I fell for them later in my music life. Like 19. Donald Fagen just captivated me.....such a quirky cool guy. And Becker. Stone cold nerds, lol. Especially when they talk.

Mick

I liked them in the seventies - Pretzel Logic and Aja. But it wasn't until about 1988 that I got into their other albums. Every day on the commute to and from Manhattan, I used to listen to them on my walkman.

The only time I ever got into an argument with anyone about a band was about Steely Dan when this jazz musician that I knew said to me, when I told him how much I liked them, that Steely Dan pulled their lyrics out of a hat. I laugh at it now, but I got so mad at the time. :laughing guy:

• Like 1

Love em to death

Countdown to Ecstasy

Pretzel Logic

Katy Lied

Royal Scam

Aja

Top 10 band for sure.

Mick

Mick

I liked them in the seventies - Pretzel Logic and Aja. But it wasn't until about 1988 that I got into their other albums. Every day on the commute to and from Manhattan, I used to listen to them on my walkman.

The only time I ever got into an argument with anyone about a band was about Steely Dan when this jazz musician that I knew said to me, when I told him how much I liked them, that Steely Dan pulled their lyrics out of a hat. I laugh at it now, but I got so mad at the time. :laughing guy:

lol that's funny cause it's sounds like it at times. I don't care cause my love for them is so deep at this point.

Oh man they hit all the right spots, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Love em to death

Countdown to Ecstasy

Pretzel Logic

Katy Lied

Royal Scam

Aja

Top 10 band for sure.

Mick

Mick

lol that's funny cause it's sounds like it at times. I don't care cause my love for them is so deep at this point.

Oh man that hit all the right spots, lol

Mick

You're right. It does. :LOL:

Edited by Lorraine

Whatever happened to them anyway?

they still tour activily but have not recorded in over a decade. there 2 most recent ones are ok but a major step down from the classic run.

I saw them at a small venue in Atlantic City. Michael McDonald guested........it was a party, lol

Mick.