#841 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 30969 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:45 AM

View Postblueschica, on 21 January 2018 - 03:45 PM, said:

View Postcapoetc, on 21 January 2018 - 01:17 PM, said:

Starting to see some of the items signed by the boys on the past few tours showing up in auctions like this: https://www.rrauctio...tail.cfm?IN=642  And no, this is NOT my auction ... mine is not for sale!  :dweez:
I feel the same way! My AFTK LP cover has priceless sentimental value to me- beat up with dented corner and all!  It's a wonderful memory of summer 2015.

I’m not into autographs but I can understand keeping one (sentimental value) or selling one (everyone needs bread sometimes). But it’s hard to understand buying one.

Sponsored Post

#842 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4277 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 12:43 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 26 January 2018 - 10:45 AM, said:

Starting to see some of the items signed by the boys on the past few tours showing up in auctions like this: https://www.rrauctio...tail.cfm?IN=642  And no, this is NOT my auction ... mine is not for sale!  :dweez:
I feel the same way! My AFTK LP cover has priceless sentimental value to me- beat up with dented corner and all!  It's a wonderful memory of summer 2015.

I’m not into autographs but I can understand keeping one (sentimental value) or selling one (everyone needs bread sometimes). But it’s hard to understand buying one.
Especially considering that if you didn't witness them signing it or getting it from someone at their label or similarly close to the band, you don't really know if it's authentic.

#843 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 30969 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:33 PM

View PostFordgalaxy, on 26 January 2018 - 12:43 PM, said:

Especially considering that if you didn't witness them signing it or getting it from someone at their label or similarly close to the band, you don't really know if it's authentic.

Yup, that’d be the worst scenario. But even if (for example) I actually saw Lifeson sign a CD for blueschica, I wouldn’t buy it off of her. He signed it for her, not me. But I guess a collector is a collector and some will do that.

#844 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 6363 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:36 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 26 January 2018 - 10:33 PM, said:

View PostFordgalaxy, on 26 January 2018 - 12:43 PM, said:

Yup, that’d be the worst scenario. But even if (for example) I actually saw Lifeson sign a CD for blueschica, I wouldn’t buy it off of her. He signed it for her, not me. But I guess a collector is a collector and some will do that.

:lol:  Shoot, there goes my retirement plan . . . . although if I actually saw Alex sign something for me I'd probably still be standing there starstruck . . .  Posted Image

#845 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4013 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 09:55 AM

View Postcapoetc, on 23 January 2018 - 10:49 AM, said:

View Postytserush, on 22 January 2018 - 08:38 PM, said:

Never was a fan of the the ubiquitous "certificate of authenticity" myself.

The COA is only as god as the issuing authority ... more often than not, the COA is not worth the paper it is printed on.

In the case of the action I posted, I think the signatures are fine.  Just kind of a shame to see signed items from the guys showing up in auctions.  Bot, there is no law against selling items that one owns.

Not that I've kept track of this, but why would these be showing up just now? Wouldn't they have been around for most of the last 40 years?

#846 capoetc

capoetc

The Seeker

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:19 PM

View Postytserush, on 27 January 2018 - 09:55 AM, said:

View Postcapoetc, on 23 January 2018 - 10:49 AM, said:

View Postytserush, on 22 January 2018 - 08:38 PM, said:

Never was a fan of the the ubiquitous "certificate of authenticity" myself.

The COA is only as god as the issuing authority ... more often than not, the COA is not worth the paper it is printed on.

In the case of the action I posted, I think the signatures are fine.  Just kind of a shame to see signed items from the guys showing up in auctions.  Bot, there is no law against selling items that one owns.

Not that I've kept track of this, but why would these be showing up just now? Wouldn't they have been around for most of the last 40 years?

Sure, they have been showing up for the last xxx years, but the ones showing up recently seem to be from the past few years where the band were signing items sent to the venues for shows -- their signatures changed some over the years.  Unfortunately, many people have shared the fact that they received many multiples of signatures by sending items to venue after venue.

#847 capoetc

capoetc

The Seeker

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:28 AM

The item I referenced earlier (NOT my auction!) sold for $290 including the buyer's premium: https://www.rrauctio...tail.cfm?IN=642

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users