Autographs?

GotPeart

Interesting because I addressed my return envelope to and from myself and didn't have a problem. Thank goodness!

Same here, both times with success.

So did I.

Some of this information here is so conflicting that it is exasperating. One says do, the other says don't. Who is right?

Sorry Glenn

Lorraine if it was under 13oz I think it doesn't matter

Mine was over the 13 oz. and it came back just fine addressed both ways to me. Maybe there are a lot of lax postal workers out there.

It is virtually impossible to get fired from the post office, so there is no doubt that there are more than a few lax postal workers. I could tell you lots of stories of postal workers I knew and what they got away with. They could literally go off and sleep on the job while another worker covered for them.

But, have no fear - they retire at 55 with a government pension and are set for the remainder of their life.

What is wrong with this picture? :LOL:

• Like 1

I'm a rural carrier for the post office....the reason behind the 13 oz thing is those packages are flown as cargo on commercial passenger airlines. There is a concern from the airlines that packages 13 oz or more, could be something nefarious. Add no return address or the same return address as addressed to, and it is considered an anonymous package. It will not ship, or if by chance it does, if it is noticed at any point of it's travel, it will be returned to the point of departure.

How bizarre. My friend went to the post office when he sent it out to Seattle and I think he may not have been told about this 13 oz thing. He's put the Key Arena as the sender on the return package. Lucky for us he did get track & trace for the return envelope as well so he was able to determine where it ended up so all will be well after all in the end :D

...And always include the celebs address as the return address if the package is over 13 oz.....otherwise the postal service will not forward it back to you. Packages under 13 oz are exempt from this...

Well this is where it apparently went wrong with my package on it's way back to TX! From the track & track info that was given to my friend at the post office he had discovered that my return envelope had been returned to the Key Arena instead of his TX address. He has contacted them and he was most fortunate to have been put in touch with a super nice staff member who not only located the envelope but was also super kind to drop it off at the post office and even bought track and trace for it as well! So, now it's only anoher 24 hours and then me and my friend will be able to open the package together via FaceTime :) Soooooo excited!!! And within a month's time I'll be able to hold it in my hands when I meet up with him in person!

I spoke with this lady via email looking for my package. I guess the items that were over 13 ounces were returned . She wrote down the names of every one being sent back out.

So you were iin the same boat as me. How may others were there in total? Did she give you a number? I really am super happy she was willing to return all our itmes :)

She did not give a number. She mentioned she had several. I had myself as the sender and return . I'm sure my package is sitting in a post office somewhere ... I emailed her last night asking which post office I should start checking at . Tried going through post office general service really difficult if the tracking number is not showing up in the system

Oh dear :( I really hope it'll turn up. This must be agonizing for you. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Interesting because I addressed my return envelope to and from myself and didn't have a problem. Thank goodness!

Same here, both times with success.

So did I.

Some of this information here is so conflicting that it is exasperating. One says do, the other says don't. Who is right?

Sorry Glenn

Lorraine if it was under 13oz I think it doesn't matter

Mine was over the 13 oz. and it came back just fine addressed both ways to me. Maybe there are a lot of lax postal workers out there.

It is virtually impossible to get fired from the post office, so there is no doubt that there are more than a few lax postal workers. I could tell you lots of stories of postal workers I knew and what they got away with. They could literally go off and sleep on the job while another worker covered for them.

But, have no fear - they retire at 55 with a government pension and are set for the remainder of their life.

What is wrong with this picture? :LOL:

I would imagine that there's a lot of jobs out there like that, especially government type jobs.

Well, after two weeks my wait is over...

Just saw this coming out of the envelope live on FaceTime :) While my friend was opening the envelope he said "none of them have signed it, I'm so sorry my dear..."

...And then this popped into view on my little iPhone screen...

19993445039_1a20afe16b.jpg

First I did :notworthy: and then :cheerleader: :banana: :7up:

• Like 5

Thinking about it now,

I should have sent my shirt that I wore at the Portland show to be signed. To late now I guess.

I know several people that have sent shirts and they came back unsigned.

• Like 1

Just saw this coming out of the envelope live on FaceTime :) While my friend was opening the envelope he said "none of them have signed it, I'm so sorry my dear..."

Congrats, CTM! Well worth the wait and effort! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

• Like 2

Sooo happy for you!!! I'm so glad it was worth the wait and that the arena staff was able to mail this back to Texas!! :) What a great reminder of your trip here for R40!

• Like 1

Thinking about it now,

I should have sent my shirt that I wore at the Portland show to be signed. To late now I guess.

Yeah,

With it being fabric maybe thats why.

Thinking about it now,

Yeah,

With it being fabric maybe thats why.

I would assume so.

Well....Phoenix wasn't meant to be....received the package back with no cardboard inserts, no note, no sharpie but my Permanent Waves LP was included...unsigned. Although, now I should probably call it Pancaked Waves because it was flattened and bent a little more. Failure #4.

I did send backup to California just in case, so there is still hope yet......maybe try #5 will be it.....

Jeff

Well....Phoenix wasn't meant to be....received the package back with no cardboard inserts, no note, no sharpie but my Permanent Waves LP was included...unsigned. Although, now I should probably call it Pancaked Waves because it was flattened and bent a little more. Failure #4.

I did send backup to California just in case, so there is still hope yet......maybe try #5 will be it.....

Jeff

Oh nooo. I'm so sorry. Keeping fingers crossed for number 5! There seems to be not much rhyme or reason to what is and what is not getting signed now near the end of the tour. I hope it works out for you!

Jeff

Oh nooo. I'm so sorry. Keeping fingers crossed for number 5! There seems to be not much rhyme or reason to what is and what is not getting signed now near the end of the tour. I hope it works out for you!

Hope so too :)

Jeff

How bizarre. That seems like more than just bad luck. There must be something else going on.

• Like 1

I think Phoenix should be on the no send list! I sent a tour book only to come back "Return to sender". Never made it to the hands of Liam or Rush.

I think Phoenix should be on the no send list! I sent a tour book only to come back "Return to sender". Never made it to the hands of Liam or Rush.

Yeah, I guess we haven't seen any successes from there. Mine didn't come back return to sender, but no way to be sure if it made it to the band or not. I even emailed Phoenix before sending and they replied with this: "Yes, you can send a package to the US Airways Center and it will be passed along to the tour manager. Thank you. "

My Irvine package's tracking got marked "Refused/Return To Sender" today, so #5 will probably be coming back. Sent 2112 LP there.

I did send #6 to LA Forum, but I suspect the same will happen with that one or I won't see it at all. Sent Exit...Stage Left LP there.

Oh well.....LONG LIVE RUSH!

My Irvine package's tracking got marked "Refused/Return To Sender" today, so #5 will probably be coming back. Sent 2112 LP there.

I did send #6 to LA Forum, but I suspect the same will happen with that one or I won't see it at all. Sent Exit...Stage Left LP there.

Oh well.....LONG LIVE RUSH!

Aw man, I feel bad. I hope by some chance you get it back signed from LA. My excitement over receiving my items signed is always tempered a bit by hearing that others have not been so fortunate. :(

• Like 3