833 replies to this topic

#21 32Ford

32Ford

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:27 PM

View PostGotPeart, on 13 February 2015 - 02:32 PM, said:

I heard back from the PR Manager for Greensboro Colisuem - for anyone going to that show, they said fans are welcome to send stuff, but they dont' gauarantee anything.  

But odds are it will get signed and returned.

I believe I had luck with Greensboro in the past as well as the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater in Atlanta.  I've always called ahead of time to be sure mail is forwarded.

Sponsored Post

#22 That One Guy

That One Guy

Straight Outta Sunnyvale

• Members *
  • 21509 posts
  • Interests:Buyin' a Jeep Wrangler, getting that 5th Utah national park in, going to Scotland, returning to Canada, Devin Townsend, doin' good

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:47 AM

I might try this with their SLC show. Maybe with a picture from a previous concert, or album cover. Something weird, like Counterparts.

#23 Apollo

Apollo

The Seeker

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:38 PM

View PostThat One Guy, on 16 February 2015 - 01:47 AM, said:

I might try this with their SLC show. Maybe with a picture from a previous concert, or album cover. Something weird, like Counterparts.

Please post if you find out anything, I am going to the SLC show too and pondering trying out this autograph thing as well.  This might be my last chance!

#24 conan1982

conan1982

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:12 AM

Howdy all,

It is good to see RUSH is coming back around for another tour, and as I missed out the last time in getting my LP copy of Signals signed, I was wondering which venue on the current tour in the U.S. would be the best bet for having this done this time.

I will be attending the Prudential Center show, and I know MSG in NYC is generally out; could anyone direct me to the best possible venues to have an item shipped to to be signed?

Thanks in advance.

Peace,

Jeff

Edited by conan1982, 20 February 2015 - 10:12 AM.

#25 GotPeart

GotPeart

The Seeker

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Drums, all things Rush, football, basketball, hockey, baseball, NC State, my family

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:12 PM

Well - I know Greensboro will accept things and get it to the band.  I'm attending that show and sending a drum head to be signed by the boys.

#26 conan1982

conan1982

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:16 PM

Many thanks for the info; I think I'll give that one a shot. Would you have the mailing address and any other necessary info for that venue?

View PostGotPeart, on 20 February 2015 - 05:12 PM, said:

Well - I know Greensboro will accept things and get it to the band.  I'm attending that show and sending a drum head to be signed by the boys.

Edited by conan1982, 20 February 2015 - 05:16 PM.

#27 HalfwayToGone

HalfwayToGone

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 867 posts
  • Interests:Music—listening and performing.

Posted 21 February 2015 - 08:54 AM

Again, I'd go thru the CA tour autograph thread to see which venues accepted fan mail--at least a few of the same venues are on this tour itinerary again, including Newark.  If I'm not mistaken, some members here sent stuff to Newark and it worked out well, but I could be having a case of creative memory.

On a related note, I was watching a rerun of an old episode of Pawn Stars, and they showed a brief shot of an ugly green telecaster style guitar autographed by Rush--totally fake signatures.  Neil's was the most obviously fake.

Edited by HalfwayToGone, 21 February 2015 - 08:56 AM.

#28 30kwpa

30kwpa

The Seeker

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Pink Floyd and RUSH memorabilia, fireworks, North Carolina Tar Heels - ACC - college basketball, weird places - useless facts/trivia, recycling beer at the beach, collecting 70's junk and other weird stuff, frying things, building stuff - houses, porches, decks, structural repairs, etc., smelling things, dreams and dreaming, paranormal stuff, space shuttle missions

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:15 PM

I asked...  do you allow fans to mail items to the venue to be signed?  Verizon Wireless Amphitheater in Alpharetta, GA reply... Hello Greg. Everything mailed to the venue is delivered to the tour manager. It is up to that person to decide if their artist wants to receive it. We do not get anything back. Sorry.

#29 HalfwayToGone

HalfwayToGone

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:28 PM

So that would be a good venue to send things, then.  Try to time it so it arrives there a couple of days ahead of the tour at most, otherwise it may be misplaced by the day of the show. I used priority mail and had it overnighted so it arrived 1-2 days before show day. Address your item to "RUSH--R40 Tour, c/o Liam Birt" and enclose a self-addressed STAMPED envelope or bubble mailer or box--the key is to make it easy for the tour manager to just pull your item out, have the band sign, and stick it into the return mailer, seal it and drop it in the nearest mailbox.  Postage should be in stamps or else USPS won't deliver it back to you, because a postage label has to be dated the same day it goes into the mail.

Best of luck to everybody trying this out.  As long as you aren't greedy, and you check to be sure the venue will forward the mail to the tour, your chances are good.  I may or may not try again, but I'm not sure what I'd send this time.  I got a hemispheres cd booklet back from the Seattle show on the CA tour.

#30 R2U1S1H2

R2U1S1H2

The Seeker

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:RUSH!!! And talking to people about Rush!
    Anything Rush Rush rock band Rush macrographs all Rush all the time!!!!!
    Archer especially Kreiger, play guitar and watch the occasional hockey game, and listening to Rush. I play guitar and like to try and write Rush style songs.

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:28 PM

So living in Calgary could I just send it to the saddledome, for rush and the tour manager? And then include return shipping with my address and the appropriate postage, and I can get autographs? Seriously?

#31 HalfwayToGone

HalfwayToGone

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:50 AM

If the venue forwards mail to the tour, then chances are good, but it's not 100% definite.

#32 R2U1S1H2

R2U1S1H2

The Seeker

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:RUSH!!! And talking to people about Rush!
    Anything Rush Rush rock band Rush macrographs all Rush all the time!!!!!
    Archer especially Kreiger, play guitar and watch the occasional hockey game, and listening to Rush. I play guitar and like to try and write Rush style songs.

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:38 AM

so i guess get in touch with some saddledome staff? Like an even manager? building manager?

#33 HalfwayToGone

HalfwayToGone

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:01 PM

Try emailing the venue thru their contact info if they have a website, or call if they have a contact number.

#34 conan1982

conan1982

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:40 PM

View Postconan1982, on 20 February 2015 - 05:16 PM, said:

Many thanks for the info; I think I'll give that one a shot.

Here's the address info for anyone interested:

Greensboro Coliseum Complex
1921 West Lee Street
Greensboro, NC 27403

This gig is on May 28th, so we still have time!

Edited by conan1982, 13 May 2015 - 06:40 PM.

#35 Xanadu

Xanadu

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1703 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:58 PM

View Postconan1982, on 13 May 2015 - 06:40 PM, said:

View Postconan1982, on 20 February 2015 - 05:16 PM, said:

Many thanks for the info; I think I'll give that one a shot.

Here's the address info for anyone interested:

Greensboro Coliseum Complex
1921 West Lee Street
Greensboro, NC 27403

This gig is on May 28th, so we still have time!

Are you guys still sure about Greensboro? I called and never spoke to anyone but left a vm with someone there (I think in the business office). Never got a return call.

#36 GotPeart

GotPeart

The Seeker

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Drums, all things Rush, football, basketball, hockey, baseball, NC State, my family

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:57 PM

Yes - I wrote them and they responded back saying we were welcome to send things to the arena, that they will do their best to get them to the band/tour manager, but couldn't guarantee anything.  

I'm sending mine off late next week (remember 5/25 is Memorial Day - no mail service - so take that into consideration when you mail things out).

#37 Xanadu

Xanadu

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1703 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:27 PM

Perfect, do you send Attn: Liam Burt, RUSH Manager

?

#38 32Ford

32Ford

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:19 PM

Got my 8x10 of Massey Hall ready to go.  Probably going in the mail Saturday for the 28th.

#39 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83440 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:53 PM

#40 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

A Pale Boy with only Half a Brain

• Members *
  • 21056 posts
  • Location:The rich and sunny planet Ursa Minor Beta (or Buffalo NY)

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:55 PM

Shit, my brother wants to mail something too. I hope if we send two, they don't notice they're from the same address lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users