Power Windows or Hold Your Fire or Presto

Lorraine

98 members have voted

1. 1. Which album do you like the best?

Presto does not come close to these two records. For me, Presto also contains the worst song Rush ever wrote...Superconductor.

I dunno keep in mind that gem from GUP, the awful Body Electric.

I maintain Superconductor is worse....

Superconductor reminds me of KC and the Sunshine Band. :D

Ironically I think that was the point of the song. It is about the farce that is pop music. So the song is supposed to come across as superficial and poppy. It is just not a good song period. A weak weak track.

• Like 1

Presto does not come close to these two records. For me, Presto also contains the worst song Rush ever wrote...Superconductor.

I dunno keep in mind that gem from GUP, the awful Body Electric.

I maintain Superconductor is worse....

Superconductor reminds me of KC and the Sunshine Band. :D

I still remember them blasting out of an unfinished Xanadu into this song on the RTB tour. It was what I imagine a shotgun slug to the chest feels like.

Worst segue EVER!!

I was there for that one, too. Certainly not a highlight of the show.

I was in total shock. One of the worst mis-steps live the band ever made. Going from one of their career highlights to a song that is like a pimple on my ass.

Oh dear.

Yikes, three albums which produced one song I really like (The Pass), one song I like ok (High Water), and one song I can live with if forced (Mystic Rhythms). Since Presto has the one song I really like I'll vote for that but I don't imagine for a second that it's "better" than either of the other two; it's clearly not, objectively speaking.

I agree; all three stinkers.

I like Superconductor, but I too would have been bummed if I were alive to see the RTB tour. It's a good, even great, song, but not enough to interrupt Xanadu. :no:
  • Like 2

Power Windows

Same. Though I'm not sure why everybody was bashing Presto on this thread five years ago. I like it. Although perhaps I was just relieved that there isn't as much synthesizer.

I like Presto for it's return to a more guitar-based sound, as well.
  • Like 1

Intersting, seems I voted but never posted in this thread. PoW takes it easily for me. Did 5 years ago and still does now. I've warmed towards HYF a good deal, but pretty much everything HYF does PoW did better. Presto sits right between them for me, catchier songs and a more relaxed approach with more experimentation than HYF, but not as well composed or consistent (or well produced) as PoW.

Power Windows is still miles ahead in my book. One of my very favorite albums.

Yeah - there really is no comparison with the other records. HYF is tired-sounding in comparison. And it's a shame they didn't produce HYF similarly to PW. For one - Why is the snare so buried on HYF?