Jump to content


Power Windows or Hold Your Fire or Presto


  • Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

Poll: Power Windows or Hold Your Fire or Presto (82 member(s) have cast votes)

Which album do you like the best?

  1. Power Windows (45 votes [54.88%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 54.88%

  2. Hold Your Fire (25 votes [30.49%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 30.49%

  3. Presto (12 votes [14.63%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 14.63%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42714 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:32 PM

:blah:   Attention Mick and Segue.....

Sponsored Post

#2 Geddy's Soul Patch

Geddy's Soul Patch

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3835 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seattle
  • Interests:Music, Literature, Film, Star Trek, Time Travel, Going way, way, way back in time, Hobbiton, Making the joke seriously, Machines Can Love, Harvesting the Lumnian Fields

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:35 PM

1. Hold Your Fire
2. Power Windows
3. Presto

#3 bathory

bathory

    Book Würm

  • Members *
  • 10025 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:35 PM

windows and HYF are about even for me. the answer is definitely NOT presto

#4 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

    I never talk to strangers

  • Members
  • 17596 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:38 PM

Not what you'd think i'd Say but Power Windows get's it.  Love the other two but HYF ruins it's perfect Streak with High water and Tai Shan and presto is Awesome but takes a serious blow with Superconductor and Hand over Fist.

Power Windows also has crackling energy I love.  And Middletown Dreams has been kicking my ass recently.

Mick

#5 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42714 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:38 PM

View Postbathory, on 10 February 2015 - 06:35 PM, said:

windows and HYF are about even for me. the answer is definitely NOT presto
:blah:  Segue and Mick, what say you?

Edited by Lorraine, 10 February 2015 - 06:39 PM.


#6 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

    Cupcake Warrior

  • Members
  • 34780 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Paradise Lost
    Nightwish
    HIM
    The Gathering
    Within Temptation
    Type O Negative
    Machine Head
    Mastodon
    Trivium
    Metallica
    Jimmy Eat World
    The Juliana Theory
    Bruce Springsteen

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:39 PM

Hold Your Fire

But my favourite songs on Presto I love more than anything on HYF.

#7 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

    I never talk to strangers

  • Members
  • 17596 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:39 PM

View PostLorraine, on 10 February 2015 - 06:38 PM, said:

View Postbathory, on 10 February 2015 - 06:35 PM, said:

windows and HYF are about even for me. the answer is definitely NOT presto
:blah:  Segue and Mick, what say you?

Look up, lol

Mick

#8 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42714 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:39 PM

View Postbluefox4000, on 10 February 2015 - 06:38 PM, said:

Not what you'd think i'd Say but Power Windows get's it.  Love the other two but HYF ruins it's perfect Streak with High water and Tai Shan and presto is Awesome but takes a serious blow with Superconductor and Hand over Fist.

Power Windows also has crackling energy I love.  And Middletown Dreams has been kicking my ass recently.

Mick

What happened?  Did the Presto bug up and leave you?  :)

#9 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42714 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:41 PM

I think Power Windows is awful.

Hold Your Fire is so-so.

Presto gets my vote on account of only two strong songs.

#10 Jaminbenb

Jaminbenb

    Solar Federalist

  • Members
  • 2908 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hershey, PA

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:41 PM

Of those three? (which I refer to as the dark years)  I HAVE to say Power Windows...only because of Middletown Dreams! and I have my reasons for that song,,,some here know)  Territories and Mystic Rhythms are sort of palatable, but I'm not a huge fan of the rest of the album.

I hate Hold Your Fire except for  Turn the Page...and Presto is a bottom feeder!

#11 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

    I never talk to strangers

  • Members
  • 17596 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:46 PM

View PostLorraine, on 10 February 2015 - 06:41 PM, said:

I think Power Windows is awful.

Hold Your Fire is so-so.

Presto gets my vote on account of only two strong songs.

Well the diva's spoken we're done, lol

Hail Lorraine :D

Mick

#12 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42714 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:50 PM

View Postbluefox4000, on 10 February 2015 - 06:46 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 10 February 2015 - 06:41 PM, said:

I think Power Windows is awful.

Hold Your Fire is so-so.

Presto gets my vote on account of only two strong songs.

Well the diva's spoken we're done, lol

Hail Lorraine :D

Mick
That was very unfair of you, Mick, to say that.

#13 The Cat 3

The Cat 3

    Modern Day Alice Cooper

  • Members *
  • 16755 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:53rd & 3rd

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:00 PM

Power Windows

It is the perfect mix of lyrics and the "1980's Rush Groove".

#14 YYZumbi

YYZumbi

    Vapor Trail

  • Members *
  • 18996 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sweden
  • Interests:Vinyl records and music in general.

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:04 PM

1. Power Windows
1. Hold Your Fire
1. Presto

Edited by YYZumbi, 10 February 2015 - 07:06 PM.


#15 Snaked

Snaked

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3339 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:11 PM

PoW by fairly wide margin.
It is easily one of the 3 best RUSH albums thus gets my vote without hesitation.

#16 jamie

jamie

    The Biggest Thing Since Powdered TOST

  • Members
  • 12705 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Perris,CA
  • Interests:cats, dogs, sleeping, steve harris, ghouls

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:23 PM

I love Presto but I really have to be in the mood to enjoy it. And I don't like Hold Your Fire, simple as that.

#17 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

    Holy Tai Shan!!!

  • Members *
  • 27955 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Seoul, NJ
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:24 PM

This question will require some audio research they all offer me something. None are Signals or Permanent Waves good.

#18 bathory

bathory

    Book Würm

  • Members *
  • 10025 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:29 PM

View PostLorraine, on 10 February 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

View Postbluefox4000, on 10 February 2015 - 06:46 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 10 February 2015 - 06:41 PM, said:

I think Power Windows is awful.

Hold Your Fire is so-so.

Presto gets my vote on account of only two strong songs.

Well the diva's spoken we're done, lol

Hail Lorraine :D

Mick
That was very unfair of you, Mick, to say that.

:eyeroll:

#19 Zurisht

Zurisht

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Columbus, Ohio
  • Interests:Rush, Neue Deutsche Harte, music, video games, art

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:31 PM

I voted for Power Windows but it's easily one of my favorites by Rush. I enjoy Hold Your Fire and Presto as well to a certain degree.

#20 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42714 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:37 PM

View Postbathory, on 10 February 2015 - 07:29 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 10 February 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

View Postbluefox4000, on 10 February 2015 - 06:46 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 10 February 2015 - 06:41 PM, said:

I think Power Windows is awful.

Hold Your Fire is so-so.

Presto gets my vote on account of only two strong songs.

Well the diva's spoken we're done, lol

Hail Lorraine :D

Mick
That was very unfair of you, Mick, to say that.

:eyeroll:

Coming from you, Bathory, that is definitely rich.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users