Signals or Grace Under Pressure

Lorraine

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which album do you like more?

Segue is perfectly within his right to not like Subdivisions.

I have to be in a certain mood for Losing It. Lyrically it's fantastic, but the music is not terribly moving, for me.

I love Digital Man! And The Weapon! And The Analog Kid! And Countdown! And Subdivisions, too!

But Grace Under Pressure, with the exception of Red Lenses, is a stronger record from beginning to end.

Edited by Blue J

No one has said that he isn't.

No, I understand that.

Sometimes it's difficult to tell who is being facetious and who isn't when they're giving a little guff, if you know what I mean.

;)

• Like 1

If I were the dictator of my own Caribbean island, the type of place that would have a large statue of me with my arm out stretched reaching for the sun. I would have my secret police seize Segue...probably never to be seen again.

There is not one bad song on Signals. Like I already said, it is the last Rush album that I listen to without skipping any songs.

Countdwn is on and off with me.

Mick

I don't like Subdivisions.

There we go. I said it.

The song I usually skip is Digital Man. Meh....doesn't do much for me.

Funny how life is. I think Digital Man is fantastic. Incredible bassline. There might not be a lot of raging riffy guitar, but there are some really interesting guitar bits - accents and flourishes. And the solo section - it starts a bit quiet, with the chords ringing out over that bass pattern. Then there's that great solo that has that cool buildup in the middle. I think the whole thing is dynamite. I have a huge appreciation for Chemistry, too, though, which not everyone shares. Signals is full of gems. It's by no means a lifeless - or a Lifesonless - album.

• Like 2

I am going to give Signals a spin today. I am peculiar, coz I always enjoy the second side more than the first, and most here seem to be the total opposite!

Signals is a great album, don't get me wrong. Grace Under Pressure is better in that there is no song on the entire album I want to skip. It's just more consistent. I adore every song on it. Afterimage is the worst, but I do still enjoy it. On Signals, Chemistry just doesn't do it for me. That's not to say it's a bad song, by any means, but it feels kind of weak compared to greats like Subdivisions or The Analog Kid. And I just don't see all the love for New World Man, either. :huh:

And as for Segue hating Subdivisions…:bitchslap: again! :laughing guy:

Edited by Disk98

No, I understand that.

Sometimes it's difficult to tell who is being facetious and who isn't when they're giving a little guff, if you know what I mean.

;)

I think that the use of emoticons is a good indication of whether the person is serious or not. ;)

Signals is a great album, don't get me wrong. Grace Under Pressure is better in that there is no song on the entire album I want to skip. It's just more consistent. I adore every song on it. Afterimage is the worst, but I do still enjoy it. On Signals, Chemistry just doesn't do it for me. That's not to say it's a bad song, by any means, but it feels kind of weak compared to greats like Subdivisions or The Analog Kid. And I just don't see all the love for New World Man, either. :huh:

And as for Segue hating Subdivisions… :bitchslap: again! :laughing guy:

And I'm sure there are many who don't see the love for some of the songs you happen to like. :)

No, I understand that.

;)

I think that the use of emoticons is a good indication of whether the person is serious or not. ;)

Note the lack of emoticons in post #108.

;)

My vote is for Signals.

1. My first Rush concert was the Signals tour

2. Analog Kid is the strongest track on either album

3. Grace Under Pressure's songs all kind of sound alike

Wait, is it too late to change my vote? I forgot how cheesy Countdown was.

And I'm sure there are many who don't see the love for some of the songs you happen to like. :)

True. I happen to love Tai Shan and Face Up, but no one else does. Oh, well. More obscure Rush for me! :)

• Like 1

True. I happen to love Tai Shan and Face Up, but no one else does. Oh, well. More obscure Rush for me! :)

You're not alone! Two great songs! Haha

Subdivisions > Distant Early Warning (barely)

The Analog Kid > Afterimage

Chemistry < Red Sector A

Digital Man < The Enemy Within

The Weapon > The Body Electric

New World Man > Kid Gloves

Losing It > Red Lenses

Countdown > Between The Wheels

Signals