Signals or Grace Under Pressure

Lorraine

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which album do you like more?

Whereas the first poll was liking asking the difference between Cheryl Tiegs and Farrah Fawcett, this is like asking the difference between Rosanne Bar and Rosie O'Donnell.
  • Like 2

Whereas the first poll was liking asking the difference between Cheryl Tiegs and Farrah Fawcett, this is like asking the difference between Rosanne Bar and Rosie O'Donnell.

No. No no no no. No.

• Like 2

I too think Grace Under Pressure is great . . . but what songs on Grace Under Pressure could possibly be the musically brilliant equivalents of The Weapon or Subdivisions or Digital Man?
  • Like 1

I too think Grace Under Pressure is great . . . but what songs on Grace Under Pressure could possibly be the musically brilliant equivalents of The Weapon or Subdivisions or Digital Man?

None

It's incontrovertible. Signals should start leaving the ol' GUPpie in the dust any time now.

Grace Under Pressure for me. The Body Electric and Kid Gloves are two of my all time favorites. Afterimage and Between the Wheels are amazing as well
  • Like 2

Yes, those are great tunes, like a great apple pie.

I like apple pie. But it's not nearly as good as strawberry rhubarb pie, which just sends much more interesting signals to my brain.

So much for my promise to stop with the stupid analogies.

And now I want pie.

What? This is really a question? Signals is almost as good as Permanent Waves which is Rush's greatest album. Signals is the last of Old Rush, GUP is New Rush...well until Vapor Trails. Is Vapor Trails retro Rush?

Where is the Dislike button?

Where is the Dislike button?

Yes, there really should be something like a "boo" button.

Subdivisions, Chemistry, Digital Man: not my cup of tea.

Losing It, Countdown and The Weapon are sublime, but only Red Lenses comes close to being filler on Grace Under Pressure.

Signals is good. In my opinion Grace Under Pressure is one of the top five Rush classics.

• Like 2

Signals just has this incredibly fresh sound to it, even if the guitar tone is lacking in places. That won me over when I first listened to it as top 3 criteria, and even after learning to better appreciate and enjoy P/G, the Signals sound still gets me. And if we're judging which one I want on a t-shirt more, it's Signals all the way!

(Just for reference, here's my top 3:

1. A Farewell To Kings

2. Permanent Waves

2.5. Moving Pictures

2.75. Signals

3. 2112)

;)

Grace Under Pressure is THE album that brought me to Rush and TRF :D :yes: I loved Subdivisions but the rest of Signals didn't capture me like GUP. I never get tired of that album, I think I played it every day for a month when I first discovered it. (Listening right now :rush: )

One side note: have been listening to Signals a lot over the last couple months and everyone will laugh but I have fallen in love with of all songs; Countdown :LOL: . It shows my age but I have fond memories of watching Nasa launches before going to school in the morning. That song encapsulates that excitement for me..what a geek eh?

Lorraine, I would definetly choose GUP!

• Like 1

Grace Under Pressure is THE album that brought me to Rush and TRF :D :yes: I loved Subdivisions but the rest of Signals didn't capture me like GUP. I never get tired of that album, I think I played it every day for a month when I first discovered it. (Listening right now :rush: )

One side note: have been listening to Signals a lot over the last couple months and everyone will laugh but I have fallen in love with of all songs; Countdown :LOL: . It shows my age but I have fond memories of watching Nasa launches before going to school in the morning. That song encapsulates that excitement for me..what a geek eh?

Countdown and Losing It save Signals. Two perfect songs!

Countdown and Losing It save Signals. Two perfect songs!

Signals doesn't need any saving.

• Like 2

I like Countdown a lot too, and I never connected it with age, but seeing that the two of us are separated by one year in age, it must have something to do with it. :)

• Like 1