Skip Tom Sawyer

JohnRogers

I like it, don't love it, but enjoy it live.

I wouldn't mind it being skipped, but for all those new fans - they have to play it for them. Plus, like the idiot Bears fan said, they love playing it

This f***ing Packers fan probably would rather hear Tai Shan.

.........and?!?

You ninny!

134220df41872b5088676c5a06069738.jpg

Also known as Cutler versus Rodgers. :D

they'll never cut it from the set list. That being said, I wouldn't mind if Alex reworked the solo. I heard a live bootleg of TS before they recorded MP and his solo was ripping...more like freewill. The solo is almost too easy...Alex sometimes goofs around during TS so much that he screws up the solo.

But changing solos may be too much to ask at this point.

Never skip Tom Sawyer. That song made them, and the album got them out of debt.

well, they'd been making money since 2112 as far as I know. but yeah, if pictures had never happened and they'd stopped after hemi or perm, I don't think we'd be posting on this board right now.

Just please NO- New World Man.

Predicting: Tom Sawyer will be the final song.

Just have a feeling, a Hits encore is the plan.

• Like 1

Would the band ever consider skipping Tom Sawyer to give us something else that gets no or little live play? I'd love to go to a Rush show and not hear Tom Sawyer.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2013/02/1dikembe-mutumbo-geico.jpg

What they ought to do is make it the first part of a medley then segue into something else. I know that'll never happen but it's wishful thinking. I agree but for the most part the audience does come alive when that song starts, just like it does when they play TSOR. I could stand never hearing it live again. The space would be better taken up by something a little more obscure or never played before.

I would love to have Limelight and YYZ dropped, but I highly doubt it Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch

One of my favorite moments out of all the Rush shows I've seen was them opening with it on the VT tour. Hearing right off the bat with the sun shining on them at Riverbend in Cincinnati is a memory I'll never forget.

Especially knowing that it was now out of the way, and you could enjoy the rest of the show without wondering when it was going to pop up :)

• Like 2

Eh…I don't think so. I used to actually dislike Tom Sawyer, bur I've learned to appreciate it. I personally wouldn't care if it's played or not. My one request is that they speed it up. They play it too slowly these days.

Tom Sawyer will never be skipped....It should never be skipped....The Fans love it....The Band loves it....

Use it as a 1st set opener....Use it as a 1st set closer....Use it as a 2nd set opener...Use it as a closer...Use it in the encore...

The iconic synthesizers and the mass crowd air drumming are epic essentials at a Rush concert.

Whatever you play Rush....Play Tom Sawyer!!!!!