Van Halen LIVE ALBUM

Rod in Toronto

I can´t copy and paste links here - somehow they don´t work in the office. But Van Halen has just announced their fist ever live release with David Lee Roth: "Tokyo Dome Live in Concert" will be released in March 31st.

It's from a concert in 2013 Lorraine.

Eddie looks a bit bloated now, but much better than he did during the mid 00's, when he was rumoured to be addicted to meth. It's a miracle that he survived and managed to put out new music - being rich and an addict is a deadly combination.

• Like 1

Eddie looks a bit bloated now, but much better than he did during the mid 00's, when he was rumoured to be addicted to meth. It's a miracle that he survived and managed to put out new music - being rich and an addict is a deadly combination.

I know. My sister always used to tell me that if our family had been wealthy, I would have been dead.

• Like 1

I saw a photo years ago and his teeth were shot!!!

I know. My sister always used to tell me that if our family had been wealthy, I would have been dead.

Wow,

Thats an eye opener!

Wow,

Thats an eye opener!

Big time. I don't know the details...

I think Eddie only recovered due to his son. Both seem to be in fine form and completely in tune with each other in every concert I saw on the last tour. The 07/08 tour was when Eddie was still recovering, and his playing was a bit sketchy every now and then.

Wow,

Thats an eye opener!

Big time. I don't know the details...

I think Eddie only recovered due to his son. Both seem to be in fine form and completely in tune with each other in every concert I saw on the last tour. The 07/08 tour was when Eddie was still recovering, and his playing was a bit sketchy every now and then.

It just goes to show that all of the things that an average peasant thinks will make them happy apparently do not bring happiness to those who do have them.

Why a man with talent and fame would want to destroy himself with drugs puzzles me, but apparently there was a void he was trying to fill or too many pressures to deal with.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Van Halen missed a big opportunity back in the 70's/early 80's when they didn't release a live album from Roth's original tour of duty. According to some articles I read back then, the band had contemplated releasing one several times, but hesitated because they felt that it was something that every band was doing and they wanted to be different.

Honestly I think they just didn't want to take the time that would have been needed to mix and overdub live material. Had they released a live album from the "Fair Warning" or "1984" tour, I think it could have been huge.

Now that I'm not a huge fan of Van Halen anymore (my musical tastes have matured over the years), I don't really care what they do.