Wedding Planner

Dweezil

Okay. I need all suggestions, advice, etc.

No corny shit either. It's me remember? bd.gif

It's not that far off and it kinda sucks to be over here and plan for somewhere that I am unfamiliar with. Add to that someone who was never going to get married again and isn't into gushy stuff and you can see how hopeless I am on my own unsure.gif

Post in here any suggestions or advice on how to do this wedding thing, please.

We don't have much $$ and the focus should be on the party--nothing else. Forget about the ceremony. It will be small etc.

I have no clue where to start except that I know I aint wearing no dress!

I know you gals are good at coming up with ideas and probably clever cost cutting ideas at that. So I'm counting on you. scared.gif

PS. Sheep are good unsure.gif

laugh.gif

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the best places are those Party Planning places like Party City. Go to thrift stores and garage sales, you would be surprsied by what you find. Also there is this wonderful online group called Freecycle where people post things they no longer want or things you have to give away. There are chapters of this EVERYWHERE! This site will help you find the one closest to you. I have seen people give away old cars, water heaters, computers, clothes, animals. Just everything! If you dont plan on wearing a dress go to some upscale consignment stores, they have designer clothes for more than 50% off. I have found runway clothing for around 100 bucks and less! The most expensive thing you will have to buy is a cake unless you find someone you know to make it and its still can be done cheap. Mike and I spent less than 500 bucks on our wedding and it was very beautiful. I had a brand new wedding dress and veil, my dress was a last year model for $50 and same for the veil at $35. They both came right off the rack at the Wedding stores. Also they have some great womens suits there the same way. We got married in a State Park and had our reception at his Moms house. Everyone brought a dish and his parents paid for a keg. It was wonderful and cheap! Also think about making yopur own invitations on your home computer and hand make them.

If I think of anything else I will let you know. I sure hope this has helped you!

ranton.gif Dweez! I hate to say it, but you have to re-think the dress thing. What are you gonna do, wear white pants?!? Everybody knows white pants make a woman's ass look like a hot air balloon (unless she's under 20.) And don't even let me hear you talking about wearing some other color. dazed025.gif If you don't want to look like a generic bride, then do it with the style of the dress. Go irridescent mini or mohair sweater but make it white and make it a dress! rantoff.gif Whenish and whereish is the wedding going to be?

Oh yeah, are you writing your own vows? wub.gif

Oh f**k. Can't I just show up for this thing? laugh.gif

Absolutely no dress. Absolutely no white.

Pink fluffy boots? No wait. That's for later ph34r.gif

Pink and black I'm thinking yes.gif

But the thing is, I don't know WTF is all involved in weddings confused13.gif

Vows?? Don't they do that for you? unsure.gif

You have to write your own??? Shit.

I didn't do vows for my first wedding confused13.gif Some judge made us say stuff and then we signed shit and that was that confused13.gif

Some peeps came over later and we had drinks and some food the landlady made and that was that confused13.gif I didn't really do anything.

This is different though. This time I do want to marry the guy wub.gif

So I guess I should be involved right? laugh.gif

Allright. That's a good idea. Thanks Rolinda biggrin.gif

Is there a list somewhere or guide that tells you what to do etc? Also, a guide or something on what I need to do for this event?

Whenish is Julyish 06. Huck's Bday is in July so I'm thinking that would be good.

Whereish is somewhereish in or around Manchester. I looked briefly on the net, but they list the expensive places. sad.gif Is it impolite to ask Huck's mom to look into places for us? unsure.gif

Hey Dweez, I know some links that have gothic inspired wedding dreses, they come in all different styles and are awesome! Plan on spending anywhere from 100 to 500 though on those dresses. However you can look on EBAY. They have alot of new merchandise.

I know of a wedding planner site, trying to remember it too. Also, they are guides too different places all over the world if you dont feel comfortable asking. I can find those out too.

I love England though I never been there and I know of some sites around that area that would be great for an outside wedding. If that would interest you! I have always wanted to visit and I love the history of the country.

QUOTE (pixey @ Aug 7 2005, 09:27 PM)
Hey Dweez, I know some links that have gothic inspired wedding dreses, they come in all different styles and are awesome! Plan on spending anywhere from 100 to 500 though on those dresses. However you can look on EBAY. They have alot of new merchandise.
I know of a wedding planner site, trying to remember it too. Also, they are guides too different places all over the world if you dont feel comfortable asking. I can find those out too.
I love England though I never been there and I know of some sites around that area that would be great for an outside wedding. If that would interest you! I have always wanted to visit and I love the history of the country.

THat would be great Pixey. Hopefully you and Freak can attend?

We mostly want peeps to have a good time. So it's nothing formal.

So what we're mostly interested in is a place to have a party after that's cheap enough and more like a big BBQ or something than a huge formal dance hall doomahickey?

I have a bit of time to surf, so will look as well. It helps to have an idea of what I'm supposed to be doing laugh.gif So any pointers and help is appreciated. 1022.gif

I've seen those goth dresses, and well, they're dresses? laugh.gif No offense to peeps that dig dresses, but I feel uncomfortable in them. And why be uncomfortable that day right? laugh.gif

I have a sewing machine so may be able to get some cheap pants and convert them into bondage pants which is what I'd really like to wear. But will that look stupid if Huck's wearing dress pants? confused13.gif

Seriously, I don't get out much so I need all the help I can get scared.gif

It's going to be strange enough to be in another country and not knowing anyone except Huck and my youngest son.

QUOTE (dweezil @ Aug 7 2005, 09:11 PM)

All the better reason to look him in the eyes and say "Thank you for bringing me to this point in my life. You've made everything seem to make more sense." Those stupid vows preachers spout by rote are retarded and antiquated. You don't even have to write anything. Just wing it and pour your heart out to him. smile.gif

Dweez, I wouldn't worry about going by the 'guidlines' of a wedding. You and Huck are unique, and have your own style. Have a wedding that you all are comfortable with, and your friends are going to be there and enjoy it because they are your friends. If you need a hairdresser, I am your man!!! laugh.gif I would be very honored to be able to be that for you. If not, thats ok too!!! I think some goth pants and boots with a nice little shirt would suit you just fine, with your hair color coordinated. Go out, both you and Huck, and get your flowers, it would mean so much more to both of you... I also think you should write your own vows also, to celebrate your talent for writing, and the uniquness of a very special couple!!! If you need help with anything, let me know!!! wub.gif

There are some really cool gothic stores that I know about, there is a gothic clothing webring thats amazing. Do I like I did and wear the dress for the Wedding itself and when you get to the reception hall change clothes! That way you wont be in the dress to long!

I had no idea in England that it wasnt until just a few years ago that you could only get married in a church! Crazy!

Have you thought of looking into Derbyshire, maybe the Peak district? Seems to be amazing there and it is still close, about a 30 minute drive. They have an awesome forested/ park area with some really spectatcular views.

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Aug 8 2005, 10:48 AM)
Dweez, I wouldn't worry about going by the 'guidlines' of a wedding. You and Huck are unique, and have your own style. Have a wedding that you all are comfortable with, and your friends are going to be there and enjoy it because they are your friends. If you need a hairdresser, I am your man!!! laugh.gif I would be very honored to be able to be that for you. If not, thats ok too!!! I think some goth pants and boots with a nice little shirt would suit you just fine, with your hair color coordinated. Go out, both you and Huck, and get your flowers, it would mean so much more to both of you... I also think you should write your own vows also, to celebrate your talent for writing, and the uniquness of a very special couple!!! If you need help with anything, let me know!!! wub.gif

I hope this means you're coming then! icon_alienjig.gif

Flowers too eh?

We'll go out on a midnight raid around the public parks in his area 1022.gif

QUOTE (dweezil @ Aug 9 2005, 12:25 AM)
Dweez, I wouldn't worry about going by the 'guidlines' of a wedding.  You and Huck are unique, and have your own style.  Have a wedding that you all are comfortable with, and your friends are going to be there and enjoy it because they are your friends.  If you need a hairdresser, I am your man!!!  laugh.gif  I would be very honored to be able to be that for you.  If not, thats ok too!!!  I think some goth pants and boots with a nice little shirt would suit you just fine, with your hair color coordinated.  Go out, both you and Huck, and get your flowers, it would mean so much more to both of you...  I also think you should write your own vows also, to celebrate your talent for writing, and the uniquness of a very special couple!!!  If you need help with anything, let me know!!!  wub.gif

Flowers too eh?

I would't miss it!!! wub.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Aug 8 2005, 11:41 PM)
Dweez, I wouldn't worry about going by the 'guidlines' of a wedding.  You and Huck are unique, and have your own style.  Have a wedding that you all are comfortable with, and your friends are going to be there and enjoy it because they are your friends.  If you need a hairdresser, I am your man!!!  laugh.gif  I would be very honored to be able to be that for you.  If not, thats ok too!!!  I think some goth pants and boots with a nice little shirt would suit you just fine, with your hair color coordinated.  Go out, both you and Huck, and get your flowers, it would mean so much more to both of you...  I also think you should write your own vows also, to celebrate your talent for writing, and the uniquness of a very special couple!!!  If you need help with anything, let me know!!!  wub.gif

Flowers too eh?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/palominodweezil/monkey.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/palominodweezil/monkey.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/palominodweezil/monkey.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/palominodweezil/monkey.gif

Better bring your pinking shears then! wink.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (dweezil @ Aug 9 2005, 12:52 AM)
QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Aug 8 2005, 11:41 PM)

Flowers too eh?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/palominodweezil/monkey.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/palominodweezil/monkey.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/palominodweezil/monkey.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/palominodweezil/monkey.gif

Better bring your pinking shears then! wink.gif

laugh.gif

icon_alienjig.gif icon_alienjig.gif icon_alienjig.gif I will bring my creative wild side too, we could have so much fun!!! 653.gif firedevil.gif

i really didn't keep track of the expense...but we definately had a cheap wedding compared to most!!

it was also a second marriage for us both so i was all about small ceremony....big party!

we had the ceremony & the reception at my MIL's place....she lives on the lake so it was a beautiful venue to do both... we lucked out with a clergy-man because one of my co-workers' dad is an ordained minister...so for a small $ token of our appreciation we had him perform the ceremony... had just the basic vows... but i incorporated our 5 kids and the parents into the ceremony...... they all carried silk flowers and greens that had a meaning..... 2 red roses started in the vase, then each child brought a white rose into the vase, and the parents had a mix of olive branches, lilly of the valley and ivy.... i honestly don't remember what they all meant, but it was something to the extent of love... family...unity...peace...etc etc.... bringing our very blended family together as one..... it was a very cool thing to do in the ceremony, and the kids loved being apart of the whole thing....another cool thing we did was i made heart shaped fans (it was an august wedding...) with some cool poem i found online... it also said a big warm thank you to everyone who came to share in our day..... printed them up on heavy paper, painted large popsicle sticks...tounge depressers...craft sticks...whatever....and glued the hearts to them........ and at the end of the ceremony we had about 120 + balloons....and let them go into the air....someone attached one of the fans i had made to a balloon....

the party was pretty inexpensive also... i found a cake decorator that does the work outside of her home.... that was about $50.00-$60.00.... the MIL paid for the food so we lucked out there.....but i love the idea of everybody bringing a dish to pass.....i used flowers that i grew in my bouquet and on the tables....along with some big fat candles for the evening hours.... ...but you can find cheap flowers a day ahead at a farmer's market..... the tables and chairs i borrowed from my church... the tents we borrowed....... the drinks was another expense that i didn't figure the whole cost on because throughout the year i just bought things when i saw them on sale..... the keg of beer the step FIL bought.....

um...... what else what else what else........

i would defiantely enlist the help of Huck's mom...she can be a valuable asset to help you guys get things planned.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cannot stress the importance of getting help from the family!! she will love being apart of the whole planning process i'm sure (i hope....?)

don't worry about having "gifts" as thank you's for people copming to the affair....i used the fans ...but i wouldn't even worry about any kind of wedding favors... just say a big huge thanks...i feel that's enough!

i'll post more ideas as they come to me..... you'll find tons of stuff online for sure....i got alot of great ideas that way!!

good luck! rose.gif heart.gif rose.gif

I don't know. That seems like a lot of f***ing work just to get married. confused13.gif

I've just never been into it. Even my barbie dolls never got married laugh.gif

Too frilly frou frou shit for me.

I think we should just get papers signed and go to a Rush concert. 1022.gif

That would be more fun.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 8 2005, 04:51 AM)

All the better reason to look him in the eyes and say "Thank you for bringing me to this point in my life. You've made everything seem to make more sense." Those stupid vows preachers spout by rote are retarded and antiquated. You don't even have to write anything. Just wing it and pour your heart out to him. smile.gif

She does that everyday anyway laugh.gif

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

QUOTE (dweezil @ Aug 9 2005, 08:03 AM)
I don't know. That seems like a lot of f***ing work just to get married. confused13.gif

I've just never been into it. Even my barbie dolls never got married laugh.gif
Too frilly frou frou shit for me.

I think we should just get papers signed and go to a Rush concert. 1022.gif
That would be more fun.

laugh.gif Sounds good to me and cheaper too ph34r.gif

What have I started wacko.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Aug 8 2005, 05:48 PM)

Thanks AGP smile.gif

We're all unique in our own way yes.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Aug 9 2005, 01:22 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 8 2005, 04:51 AM)

She does that everyday anyway laugh.gif

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Thank goodness there won't be any preacher around either scared.gif I'm likely to get holy water or something sprayed at me scared.gif

I can just hear it..."The power of Christ compells you.." scared.gif scared.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Aug 9 2005, 08:27 AM)
QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Aug 8 2005, 05:48 PM)

Thanks AGP smile.gif

We're all unique in our own way yes.gif

Babe that water would start sizzling laugh.gif

I can't wait to see your dress b_sigh.gif

tongue.gif

There are some very unique goth inspired wedding dresses on ebay ... here are a couple ..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gothic-Wedding-Black-C...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MEDIEVAL-RENAISSAN...1QQcmdZViewItem

I know you aren't into dresses, but I think these would look absolutely stunning on you.

Congratulations & Best Wishes!! rose.gif

Archived