Which is better- Hemispheres or Permanent Waves?

Blue J

Which is better- Hemispheres or Permanent Waves?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better? Or which do you like more?

Hemispheres wins for me because it's has the heart and mind united in a single, perfect sphere.

That says it all. :)

:wub:

Hemispheres was Rush's Close To The Edge.

I was never a big Yes fan so I'll take your word for that.

Hemispheres wins for me because it's has the heart and mind united in a single, perfect sphere.

That says it all. :)

:wub:

Hemispheres was Rush's Close To The Edge.

Agreed.

• Like 1

Geez!! Last time I checked this one you couldn't even post in this thread.

That was totally my fault. I fixed it, though.

This thread's length doesn't hold a candle to the thread that spawned it. But it's young...it's a veritable seedling...

• Like 1

Hemispheres. PeW is pretty much perfect and I prefer it to Hemi side 1, but side 2 of Hemi is Rush at their pinnacle. Not only perfect but inspired.
  • Like 1

Geez!! Last time I checked this one you couldn't even post in this thread.

That was totally my fault. I fixed it, though.

This thread's length doesn't hold a candle to the thread that spawned it. But it's young...it's a veritable seedling...

Oh so that's what happened. One time I checked it it said locked. I thought maybe the mods were fed up with the ratings threads. :LOL:

I'm not understanding the no love for Circumstances thing. Fargin' great tune, with a cool riff, great bassline locking in with the drums, a passionate vocal performance, and a melodic little interlude. What's not to totally, totally, totally love there?
  • Like 6

I'm not understanding the no love for Circumstances thing. Fargin' great tune, with a cool riff, great bassline locking in with the drums, a passionate vocal performance, and a melodic little interlude. What's not to totally, totally, totally love there?

Circumstances is my second favorite of the album, short, but strong

• Like 3

Now why you gotta go and ask a hard question like this? For this one, I've gotta go with Permanent Waves. In all honesty, it just barely eeks out ahead. I love me some Natural Science and Jacob's Ladder. And everything else on the album for that matter :P

Are you kidding? "Circumstances" live on the S&A Tour blew my fuckking mind!

• Like 3

Same folks that don't dig Lessons and or Cinderella Man most likely. No accounting for taste.... Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1

It's a miss for me only because (to me) it screams for a guitar solo but ain't got one.

Same folks that don't dig Lessons and or Cinderella Man most likely. No accounting for taste....

Hey, I love those songs...what's not to like? :huh:

Same folks that don't dig Lessons and or Cinderella Man most likely. No accounting for taste....

:huh: Plenty of folks around here seem to be able to take em or leave em. Something For Nothing too believe it or not. Side two of 2112 rarely gets the love it deserves in my humble opinion..... :codger:
  • Like 4

It's a miss for me only because (to me) it screams for a guitar solo but ain't got one.

How is it that I've listened to that song for more than 30 years, but I've never even noticed that it has no guitar solo??

It's a great, terse rock and roll tune anyway.

:huh: Plenty of folks around here seem to be able to take em or leave em. Something For Nothing too believe it or not. Side two of 2112 rarely gets the love it deserves in my humble opinion..... :codger:

I just listened to the whole 2112 album yesterday...and I agree.

And Cinderella Man...it smokes!

• Like 3

I just listened to the whole 2112 album yesterday...and I agree.

And Cinderella Man...it smokes!

I appreciate side two even more since much time has passed. It holds up very well it my opinion. As for Cinderella Man you said it....
  • Like 1

How is it that I've listened to that song for more than 30 years, but I've never even noticed that it has no guitar solo??

Which underscores the importance of my parenthetical.

• Like 2