Soundalike Songs

I was listening to They Might Be Giants' "Severe Tyre Damage" the other day, and as 'They Got Lost' was playing, it struck me that the verses were really similar to the initial vocal on ELP's 'Karn Evil No. 9 - 1st Impression'.

There have been other well documented ones over the years -

The Doors 'Hello I Love You' & The Kinks 'All Day And All Of The Night'

Ray Parker Jnr 'Ghostbusters' & Huey Lewis and The News 'I Need A New Drug'

Elastica 'Connection' & Wire 'Three Girl Rhumba'

Any others come to mind??

Similar to sampling? confused13.gif

Sampling really bugs me. All the young peeps think that these pop artists came up with the tune themselves when in reality, most of their "songs" are created using sampling.

Okay, I'm off subject a bit here, but sampling bugs me. mad.gif

• Like 1

QUOTE (dweezil @ Aug 6 2005, 05:40 PM)

Sampling really bugs me. All the young peeps think that these pop artists came up with the tune themselves when in reality, most of their "songs" are created using sampling.

I agree 100%

Same thing goes with cover songs. If an artist is going to cover another artist, they need to make it perfectly clear that they are not the ones who wrote the song. I cant tell you how many little people I've met who think No Doubt wrote "Its My Life" or *cringes* think Limp Bizkit wrote "Behind Blue Eyes".

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Aug 6 2005, 05:46 PM)

I agree 100%

Same thing goes with cover songs. If an artist is going to cover another artist, they need to make it perfectly clear that they are not the ones who wrote the song. I cant tell you how many little people I've met who think No Doubt wrote "Its My Life" or *cringes* think Limp Bizkit wrote "Behind Blue Eyes".

YES!!! "Behind Blue Eyes"...Geez you don't understand how many people think Limp Bizkit wrote it!!! UGHHH mad.gif mad.gif

The verses of Shania Twain's exclaimation point anthem "Man! I Feel Like A Woman!" and Aerosmith's classic "Uncle Salty" are very much alike.

Seriously! Yeah, you're all making that "yeah, right" face right now, so I made a little clip of both verses put together. Here's proof that Shania and hubby Mutt Lange are thieves.

Uncle Salty-Shania clip

tongue.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 6 2005, 07:35 PM)
The verses of Shania Twain's exclaimation point anthem "Man! I Feel Like A Woman!" and Aerosmith's classic "Uncle Salty" are very much alike.

Seriously! Yeah, you're all making that "yeah, right" face right now, so I made a little clip of both verses put together. Here's proof that Shania and hubby Mutt Lange are thieves.

Uncle Salty-Shania clip

tongue.gif

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Aug 6 2005, 07:46 PM)

I agree 100%

oh god. now i feel really dumb. i thought No Doubt DID write It's My Life laugh.gif

so who did actually write it?

QUOTE (Freedom_Fighter @ Aug 6 2005, 07:42 PM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Aug 6 2005, 07:46 PM)

I agree 100%

oh god. now i feel really dumb. i thought No Doubt DID write It's My Life laugh.gif

so who did actually write it?

It was originally a Talk Talk song.

There's a vocal line in Iron Maiden's "Dream of Mirrors" that is exactly the same as in Neil Young's "Cowgirl In The Sand"

QUOTE (D-13 @ Aug 6 2005, 07:51 PM)

I agree 100%

YES!!! "Behind Blue Eyes"...Geez you don't understand how many people think Limp Bizkit wrote it!!! UGHHH mad.gif mad.gif

Or that American Woman was by Lenny Kravitz. mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 6 2005, 08:35 PM)

Uncle Salty-Shania clip

tongue.gif

You're nuts. Clearly the Shania Twain song is faster.

rofl3.gif

George Harrison's My Sweet Lord/The Chiffons' He's So Fine (Harrison was sued and lost, deservedly so, I have to admit.)

I've already said U2's Vertigo and the Supremes' Keep Me Hangin' On.

London Calling (Clash)/Getting Better (Beatles)

Sun King (Beatles)/Lonely Days (Bee Gees)

Romeo's Delight (Van Halen)/Kick Start My Heart (Motley Crue) there's a part in the middle of each song that is identical

I Want You/She's So Heavy (Beatles)/Without You (Motley Crue)

Bullet the Blue Sky (U2)/Stranglehold (Nugent) Not completely, but there are parts that strike me as similar

That song by the Strokes/American Girl (Tom Petty)

Achilles' Last Stand (Led Zeppelin)/Barracuda (Heart) The Wilson sisters admit as much.

I'll post other if and when I think of them.

The Shania Twain lift from Neil Young was an excellent find, by the way.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Aug 6 2005, 04:46 PM)

Or the Goo Goo Dolls wrote "Give a Little Bit" . . .

mad.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 6 2005, 05:35 PM)

Uncle Salty-Shania clip

tongue.gif

This is the first one that came to my mind.

Classic ripoff!

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Aug 7 2005, 10:45 AM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Aug 6 2005, 07:51 PM)

I agree 100%

Or that American Woman was by Lenny Kravitz. mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

I knew Kravitz didn't write that song but a lot of people I know didn't. Everyone was talking about it at the time.... 062802puke_prv.gif

Just discoverd this one while on vacation this past week:

You Might Think (Cars) / Burning Love (Elvis Presley)

This one was so blatant. I honestly thought I it was the Cars' song until I turned it up and my wife told me it was Elvis' song.

"Honey Hush" from Foghat sounds just like "Train Kept a Rollin"

"Under Pressure" By Bowie sounds just like Vanilla Ice's "Ice Ice Baby"

Bowie Ripped Vanilla Ice off!!!

AHAHAHAH just joking. rofl3.gif