treeduck

Hey FOX, Tell us a little bit more about the TEXANS.

I mean is Joe Buck and Aikman basically just reading the Texans database of information....be professional and broadcast like it dummies

McCown better not be playing in the second half.

Come on, he's good for three quarters of a touchdown and 170 yards passing a year...

Saints trade wideout Jalen Saunders to the Patriots

Posted by Darin Gantt on September 1, 2015, 11:04 AM EDT

http://imgick.nola.com/home/nola-media/width620/img/tpphotos/photo/2014/12/21/16619293-mmmain.jpg

The Patriots continue to look under every rock for healthy receiver options, and just traded for a guy they got an up-close look at recently.

According to Evan Woodbery of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, the Saints have traded receiver-return man Jalen Saunders to the Patriots for a conditional draft pick.

As with most such deals this time of year, this gives a guy who might not have otherwise made a roster a chance with a team that has a greater need for his services. Generally, the condition is “make the 53-man roster,” which makes it a free week’s tryout.

The Patriots and Saints practiced together in West Virginia before breaking camp, so Bill Belichick had a chance to scout Saunders in person.

The Saints appear intent on keeping rookie running back Marcus Murphy as their return man, which left Saunders on the bubble.

The former Jets fourth-rounder now gets to return to the AFC East, where the Patriots have been looking for upgrades and healthy wideouts. They just signed veteran Reggie Wayne, after injuries left them thin through the preseason.

Edited by treeduck

Cuts to 75

Saints transactions so far:

Traded Jalen Saunders to New England, per source

Placed defensive end/outside linebacker Anthony Spencer on injured reserve, per source

Released outside linebacker Ronald Powell, per source

Released fullback Erik Lorig

Released offensive tackle Antonio Johnson, per source

Released linebacker Chris Young, per source

Released wide receiver Lance Lewis, per source

Released defensive end Markus Pierce-Brewster, per source

All cuts to 75:

1.Jalen Saunders traded to Patriots conditional draft pick more details TBA

2. OT Antonio Johnson cut

3. FB Erik Lorig cut

4. LB Chris Young cut

5. OLB Anthony Spencer IR

6. OLB Ronald Powell cut

7. WR Lance Lewis cut

8. DE Markus Pierce-Brewster cut

9. WR Nick Toon cut

10. CB Terrence Frederick cut

11. WR RJ Harris cut

12. DT David Hunter cut

13. OL Cole Manhart cut

14. CB P.J. Williams IR

15. S Vinnie Sunseri cut with an injury designation

New Orleans Saints thought Jimmy Graham too 'soft' for money paid to him, NBC analyst says

http://imgick.nola.com/home/nola-media/width620/img/saints_impact/photo/18665080-mmmain.jpg

The New Orleans Saints thought Jimmy Graham was too "soft" for the amount of money the team paid him, and that played a part in the decision to trade him, former NFL safety Rodney Harrison said Tuesday.

"They thought he was soft," Harrison said during an NBC Sports conference call with Tony Dungy and Hines Ward in advance of the 2015 NFL season. "They paid him that money and they felt like he couldn't stay healthy. They probably thought that he needed to play more."

Even so, his departure leaves the Saints without a go-to option near the end zone, Harrison said.

"How do you replace Jimmy Graham? The guy is 6-6, 6-7, super athletic," Harrison said. "I can honestly tell you I faced a lot of tight ends and I never faced a guy like Jimmy Graham. How do you replace him?

"Brandin Cooks, he looks good. (Patriots coach Bill) Belichick was very complimentary of this guy. But who knows what this guy ... second-year player, can he stay healthy?"

The Saints intend to find more balance on offense with the emergence of Mark Ingram in 2014 and the arrival of two-time Pro Bowl center Max Unger in the trade of Graham to the Seattle Seahawks, Ward said.

"They went out and got Max Unger really to kind of solidify the offensive line and protect Drew Brees and develop a running game with Mark Ingram," Ward said. "I think it helps out the offensive side a lot just because you take the pressure off getting Drew Brees sacked all the time.

"Yes, you lose Jimmy Graham but you still have the emergence of Brandin Cooks, you still have Marques Colston, but you have the development of Mark Ingram.

"I think having a running game really helps Drew Brees become more of a balanced offense and I think that's what helps the New Orleans Saints out."

Dungy said the trade of Graham signified a move for the Saints to "not get in those high-scoring games."

"I think that may be one of the reasons why they did let Jimmy Graham go, to be a little more ball control and pound the ball a little more on offense and not get in those high-scoring games," he added.

Also from Dungy, on the defense: "I think it's going to be feast of famine depending on how those young corners do. There's going to be a lot of pressure on them. I saw them play a couple times in the preseason as well.

"A lot of one-on-one, bump-and-run coverage. If those guys can hold up they will be a good defense. If they don't play well, it's going to be tough because it's a pressure system. It's going to be big plays for the Saints' D or against them."

Dungy, Harrison and Ward work on NBC's "Football Night in America" crew for Sunday night games. The Saints are scheduled for one Sunday night game, Oct. 4 at home against the Dallas Cowboys.