Rush must be touring in Europe as well, right...?

YYZumbi

Rush is coming to Europe as well, right? Or else they must be really stupid...

I was going to get tickets to fly to Las Vegas (my parents wanna go there on vacation, and I wanna see Rush, so we was going to do two things on one), but apparently all tickets are gone... at least the good ones...

So they must come to Europe, now when they know they got lots of fans here as well! If it´s their last tour then it´s even more important that they get their asses here!

So what you guys think? Will they come to Europe or not? Because if they are not, then I will remove all my hair on my head with my bare hands! I have to see them one more time!!!

for the sake of everyone in Europe, I hope so. it's only fair. they should go to south america as well if that's not asking too much.
  • Like 1

No.

What's wrong with all the other cities they will be playing in? Las Vegas isn't the only one.

Luck for you bald is in.

No? How can you be so sure?

Well my parents is only paying for it because they wanna go to Las Vegas for vacation, or else they would never travel so far to see Rush (they are not Rush freaks as I am...). And I don´t afford to pay both airplane-tickets, hotel-tickets and concert-tickets on my own....

Maybe they will, Zumbi. But I think it might depend on how the tour already planned goes.

I hope they will, because I missed the R30 Tour, I don't wanna miss this one as well...

I tried to convince my parents that we could go to Toronto instead, but they refused to pay for that...

I don't think they know, but I bet if they had to decide now I'd say they will not do Europe. I got the sense Alex and Neil really had to be convinced to tour, so I doubt they'll cross the pond.

It sounds like they all had to be convinced to do this tour. First it came out that it was Neil who was holding back. Then it came out that Alex and Geddy weren't and aren't too keen on it either.

Quoting myself in another topic, just want to remind that during their last European trip Rush played just 10 gigs (and one was an open air festival), and I think that just two of them (London for sure and maybe Manchester or Amsterdam) had the same attendance figures of American shows.

I went to Berlin and I think there were less than 10K people (8K/9K I suppose)

Honestly coming again would be an act of love devoted to us fans living on this shore of the ocean but adding another American leg would be easier and surely even more profitable.

Given also the dynamics involved, I would not blame them for not coming this time, but I hope they'll be back at least for a future tour following a new album.

Rush is coming to Europe as well, right? Or else they must be really stupid...

I was going to get tickets to fly to Las Vegas (my parents wanna go there on vacation, and I wanna see Rush, so we was going to do two things on one), but apparently all tickets are gone... at least the good ones...

So they must come to Europe, now when they know they got lots of fans here as well! If it´s their last tour then it´s even more important that they get their asses here!

So what you guys think? Will they come to Europe or not? Because if they are not, then I will remove all my hair on my head with my bare hands! I have to see them one more time!!!

Why are they stupid? :wacko:

Its not like they are 25 yrs old!!

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

I think the Amsterdam gig had about 6500-7500 in attendance which I don't think is very much. Imagine the cost of hauling all that equipment over the pond (or renting some of it in Europe). I think the American legs pays for the European one.

There will be a lot of unhappy/gutted people if they do not come to Europe

Especially as its R40 and possibly the last tour

I would have loved to go to Toronto for that week in June but I just cant get the time off so was banking on doing a couple of Euro dates instead.

I'm just worried if they do come over, they'll only play maybe two nights at the 02 Arena in London and everyone will be fighting for tickets, like Genesis did back in 2007. They announced a UK tour of only two nights! I didn't get a ticket...

it's a nightmarish scenario but it don't belong to a science fiction screenplay; maybe they will consider just a UK trip. Honestly, continental Europe seems to have lost much appeal for other great bands: for instance, Paris and Amsterdam are the only continental stops for The Who in 2015 (as happened in 2013).

In any case if we add this to the possible lesser number of dates in America and to the ticket market nowadays, future don't look so relaxing.

i wish they come over, but i guess they will not. On the last tour i saw them twice, in Cologne and Berlin, and both arenas were not sold out. In Cologne the venue was half full with people. It seemed, that in berlin they sold more tickets, but far away from sold out, sad. In comparing with the R30 Tour they visited much less citys. in 2007 they canceled munic also. But i hope, they will come again... I believe they have huge fans in the UK Edited by lakai

I don't know what entails going to Europe for Rush. Does that mean they cart everything they own along? Roadies? All equipment?? If so, that must cost them bundles and bundles of money.

For what I know that's common practice with bands. So yeah, they're hauling truckloads worth of equipment and crew for thousands of miles. Add the cost of food and drinking on top of that, salaries etc. etc..

In Amsterdam the entire nosebleed section was curtained off. Still a lot of people and a lot of energy, but I would hate to see them play a gig only half full. If they don't tour Europe I hope they shoot a live DVD I can watch at home :)

I don't know what entails going to Europe for Rush. Does that mean they cart everything they own along? Roadies? All equipment?? If so, that must cost them bundles and bundles of money.

For what I know that's common practice with bands. So yeah, they're hauling truckloads worth of equipment and crew for thousands of miles. Add the cost of food and drinking on top of that, salaries etc. etc..

Translation = Not worth it if they are playing in venues that they can't fill.

• Like 1

Translation = Not worth it if they are playing in venues that they can't fill.

Sadly yes.

In reality bands can't load all the lights/ Pyro in numerous outdoor amphitheater sites. I think that explains fewer amphitheater shows this time around. Much less hauling it overseas. Logistically a nightmare. Plus touring in Europe is rare in the fall/ winter...so I don't see it