Miami DOLPHINS official thread 2015-16 - Marino expects!

treeduck

The Miami Dolphins are reportedly having discussions about locking up their quarterback to a long-term contract.

Dave Hyde of the Sun Sentinel is reporting that the Dolphins are discussing a seven-year, $105-million contract extension for Ryan Tannehill.

Hyde adds that the deal is for $15 million annually with the first two years guaranteed.

Tannehill is coming off his best season as a pro, throwing for more than 4,000 yards with 27 touchdowns and only 12 interceptions. After a mediocre start to 2014, Tannehill rounded into form under offensive coordinator Bill Lazor.

That said, Tannehill hasn't really displayed the type of consistency that would warrant a deal of this magnitude and it would be somewhat of a surprise to see the Dolphins reward him with this kind of faith.

http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/697798

Two years guaranteed at $15 million. I'm fine with this. But any more years guaranteed would be a mistake.

The Miami Dolphins are reportedly having discussions about locking up their quarterback to a long-term contract.

Dave Hyde of the Sun Sentinel is reporting that the Dolphins are discussing a seven-year, $105-million contract extension for Ryan Tannehill.

Hyde adds that the deal is for $15 million annually with the first two years guaranteed.

Tannehill is coming off his best season as a pro, throwing for more than 4,000 yards with 27 touchdowns and only 12 interceptions. After a mediocre start to 2014, Tannehill rounded into form under offensive coordinator Bill Lazor.

That said, Tannehill hasn't really displayed the type of consistency that would warrant a deal of this magnitude and it would be somewhat of a surprise to see the Dolphins reward him with this kind of faith.

http://www.thescore....nfl/news/697798

Two years guaranteed at $15 million. I'm fine with this. But any more years guaranteed would be a mistake.

Seems like a lot of money. He's made improvements and has flashes, but I'm not convinced he's worth 8 million/year, nonetheless 15.

http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/697798

That's a lot of money to finish third in your division and out of the playoffs.

MIAMI—Describing it as a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get up close to the majestic mammals, visitors to Paradise Cove Resort raved to reporters Thursday about the hotel’s new program that allows guests to swim with the Miami Dolphins. “I couldn’t believe how friendly they were—as soon as they saw us, this great big one just came right up to our daughter,” said resort guest Emily Hendrickson, calling the hour she and her family spent splashing and playing alongside the Dolphins’ defensive line the “highlight of [their] trip.” “I couldn’t believe how smooth Ryan Tannehill was. And then there was this smaller one that really took a liking to me—he must have been a kicker. It was an amazing experience.” Hendrickson later admitted that her family was disappointed they didn’t get a chance to swim with center Mike Pouncey, who was in a solitary tank at the time of their visit for biting a child.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/florida-resort-allows-guests-to-swim-with-miami-do,37996/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:1:Default

• Like 2

MIAMI—Describing it as a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get up close to the majestic mammals, visitors to Paradise Cove Resort raved to reporters Thursday about the hotel’s new program that allows guests to swim with the Miami Dolphins. “I couldn’t believe how friendly they were—as soon as they saw us, this great big one just came right up to our daughter,” said resort guest Emily Hendrickson, calling the hour she and her family spent splashing and playing alongside the Dolphins’ defensive line the “highlight of [their] trip.” “I couldn’t believe how smooth Ryan Tannehill was. And then there was this smaller one that really took a liking to me—he must have been a kicker. It was an amazing experience.” Hendrickson later admitted that her family was disappointed they didn’t get a chance to swim with center Mike Pouncey, who was in a solitary tank at the time of their visit for biting a child.

http://www.theonion....eview:1:Default

Even though it's from The Onion, it's probably not a bad idea. How else will you keep people interested in the team after Halloween?

Even though it's from The Onion, it's probably not a bad idea. How else will you keep people interested in the team after Halloween?

Maybe the Red Sox can steal the idea and use pandas. Or midgets. They're gonna need something to keep people interested at Fenway after Memorial Day.

Maybe the Red Sox can steal the idea and use pandas. Or midgets. They're gonna need something to keep people interested at Fenway after Memorial Day.

No, really. How else will people be interested in the Dolphins after Halloween? Again.

No, really. How else will people be interested in the Dolphins after Halloween? Again.

They've been in playoff position until mid to late December the past two years. But then, you already knew that.

They've been in playoff position until mid to late December the past two years. But then, you already knew that.

In "playoff position" all the way until December? Two years in a row? Outstanding.

In "playoff position" all the way until December? Two years in a row? Outstanding.

Belichick will retire, and the Pats will fall back to irrelevance and lose half their fan base in no time. Adding to the positive effects, New England parents of a certain age won't have to feel like hypocrites when punishing their children who use the excuse, "but everyone else does it".

Belichick will retire, and the Pats will fall back to irrelevance and lose half their fan base in no time. Adding to the positive effects, New England parents of a certain age won't have to feel like hypocrites when punishing their children who use the excuse, "but everyone else does it".

How irrelevant are we talking? More irrelevant than a team that hasn't appeared in a Super Bowl in more than 30 years? More irrelevant than a team that hasn't won a Super Bowl in more than 40 years? I find that hard to believe.

How irrelevant are we talking? More irrelevant than a team that hasn't appeared in a Super Bowl in more than 30 years? More irrelevant than a team that hasn't won a Super Bowl in more than 40 years? I find that hard to believe.

Rod Rust irrelevant. Dick MacPherson irrelevant. Victor Kiam irrelevant. Tommy Hodson irrelevant. Move to St. Louis? irrelevant. This era will stick out in history like a salient point in a Reb post. Or how I imagine how a salient point in a Reb post would stick out. OK, OK, my imagination isn't THAT good...

Rod Rust irrelevant. Dick MacPherson irrelevant. Victor Kiam irrelevant. Tommy Hodson irrelevant. Move to St. Louis? irrelevant. This era will stick out in history like a salient point in a Reb post. Or how I imagine how a salient point in a Reb post would stick out. OK, OK, my imagination isn't THAT good...

More irrelevant than a team that has appeared in 2 playoff games this century? I mean referring to Rust, MacPherson, Kiam, Hodson and James Orthwein covers about a 4 year period in the team's history. Just before that stretch they appeared in a Super Bowl. And just after that stretch they appeared in a Super Bowl. It's not like they've ever gone 30 years without even winning the AFC. THAT'S irrelevant.

More irrelevant than a team that has appeared in 2 playoff games this century? I mean referring to Rust, MacPherson, Kiam, Hodson and James Orthwein covers about a 4 year period in the team's history. Just before that stretch they appeared in a Super Bowl. And just after that stretch they appeared in a Super Bowl. It's not like they've ever gone 30 years without even winning the AFC. THAT'S irrelevant.

I watched Super Bowl XX. The records said that the Patriots were there but I don't remember them showing up.

The Dolphins still have a better winning percentage than the Patriots and lead the head to head series. The Patriots* are at the end of a 15 year anomaly. Soon enough, the Patriots will be back...to irrelevance.

I watched Super Bowl XX. The records said that the Patriots were there but I don't remember them showing up.

The Dolphins still have a better winning percentage than the Patriots and lead the head to head series. The Patriots* are at the end of a 15 year anomaly. Soon enough, the Patriots will be back...to irrelevance.

Did the Dolphins really play that much better in SB XIX?

The Patriots have been around for 54 seasons. I'd say a 14 year stretch like they've enjoyed is pretty good.

The Dolphins are 5 games over .500. They're 1-2 in the playoffs. I'm going to go ahead and say if we're going to look at the life of a franchise (and you really have no choice at this point, right?) I'll take the Patriots over the Dolphins in a heartbeat.

The Patriots have been around for 54 seasons. I'd say a 14 year stretch like they've enjoyed is pretty good.

The Dolphins are 5 games over .500. They're 1-2 in the playoffs. I'm going to go ahead and say if we're going to look at the life of a franchise (and you really have no choice at this point, right?) I'll take the Patriots over the Dolphins in a heartbeat.

14 great years*, sure. The other 40 were kind of putrid.

Did you watch Super Bowl XX? I think the Dolphins had more than negative 19 yards in the first half of SB XIX. But then they had more than four offensive plays that went for positive yardage in the first half. It wasn't a fluke, the Bears beat them as badly in the regular season, though the final score didn't reflect it, since they got a fluke on a pass play they got half the yardage on. But they shouldn't feel bad, the Bears only lost one game that year. Can't remember who beat them though. Oh, wait, yes I can.

Give me the Dolphins over the Patriots every time. The only undefeated season (though they were not the only team who had t shirts with undefeated records printed on them). No asterisks behind their names as the champions (well, except for those almanacs who put one there for being the only undefeated team.) A better all time record. A lead in the series vs the Patriots.

But fewer clothed people in the Third World....that's an advantage for New England.

• Like 1

Did you watch Super Bowl XX? I think the Dolphins had more than negative 19 yards in the first half of SB XIX. But then they had more than four offensive plays that went for positive yardage in the first half. It wasn't a fluke, the Bears beat them as badly in the regular season, though the final score didn't reflect it, since they got a fluke on a pass play they got half the yardage on. But they shouldn't feel bad, the Bears only lost one game that year. Can't remember who beat them though. Oh, wait, yes I can.

Give me the Dolphins over the Patriots every time. The only undefeated season (though they were not the only team who had t shirts with undefeated records printed on them). No asterisks behind their names as the champions (well, except for those almanacs who put one there for being the only undefeated team.) A better all time record. A lead in the series vs the Patriots.

But fewer clothed people in the Third World....that's an advantage for New England.

See? "Deflategate" and "Spygate" have served their purpose. They allow someone who roots for a team that hasn't won a Super Bowl in over 40 years to suggest his team is superior to the team that just won it's fourth in the last 14 years.

How long ago did all of those wonderful accomplishments you described occur? How have the Dolphins fared since then? Yeah.

I'll take the team that has performed better in the playoffs, i.e. when it matters, both head to head and all time. The Dolphins are a 20-20 team in the playoffs, and 1-2 against the Patriots. The Patriots are 28-18 in the playoffs and have won twice as many Super Bowls.

And next year the Patriots will again play a role in making sure that the Dolphins don't make the playoffs.

See? "Deflategate" and "Spygate" have served their purpose. They allow someone who roots for a team that hasn't won a Super Bowl in over 40 years to suggest his team is superior to the team that just won it's fourth in the last 14 years.

How long ago did all of those wonderful accomplishments you described occur? How have the Dolphins fared since then? Yeah.

I'll take the team that has performed better in the playoffs, i.e. when it matters, both head to head and all time. The Dolphins are a 20-20 team in the playoffs, and 1-2 against the Patriots. The Patriots are 28-18 in the playoffs and have won twice as many Super Bowls.

And next year the Patriots will again play a role in making sure that the Dolphins don't make the playoffs.

I know there's no way of proving it (maybe if I would have called WEEI first, since that's where the gospel truth emanates from...) but I predicted there would be some reference to your new pet theory somewhere in your post before I even opened it.

So I'll allow you to predict what my comeback is to your statistics. Shouldn't be too hard.

I know there's no way of proving it (maybe if I would have called WEEI first, since that's where the gospel truth emanates from...) but I predicted there would be some reference to your new pet theory somewhere in your post before I even opened it.

So I'll allow you to predict what my comeback is to your statistics. Shouldn't be too hard.

Let's see. Deflategate. Spygate. Snow plow. Mr. Kraft. Brady can't throw the deep ball. CBS is in the Patriots' back pocket. Uggs.

Does that about cover it?

Let's see. Deflategate. Spygate. Snow plow. Mr. Kraft. Brady can't throw the deep ball. CBS is in the Patriots' back pocket. Uggs.

Forgive the interruption, but I just gotta say that you two guys and your eternal last-word battle are amazing. ;) ;)

• Like 2

Forgive the interruption, but I just gotta say that you two guys and your eternal last-word battle are amazing. ;) ;)

With LABT it's all in good fun.

• Like 1

Hey, it's winter in Boston and Minnesota...what else is there to do for months on end...

• Like 2

They're like an old married couple. :16ton:

• Like 1