Selling Like Crazy

upstateNYfan

Troutman,

Getting away with it does not justify it. You're in someone else's space (assuming seats are sold).

It is not whatever. It's common decency.

Exactly. It's pretty basic morality here. Some people think concerts are a free-for-all no matter what.

They're wrong. Unless they're at Coachella, or some other festival where it literally is a free-for-all.

I can't stand mass GA shows. So I'm always good with reserved seating through and through. It makes for a more flowing and cohesive sensory experience. :)

Either you two didn't read my posts or your :smoke: :LOL: Did I say I took some ones seat or was a "section crasher"? No I didn't. Your putting every one in the same catagory. There is a big difference between some drunk a**hole trying to move in on some ones seat and me just walking down the aisle to get a closer look. You should lighten up or go to the opera!!

Conversely, maybe you guys should lighten up and go to a Crue show. Maybe Rush is a little too highbrow for you. :)

Walking down the aisle IS crashing a section, smart guy. You're moving to a section you didn't pay for. It's scab behavior. If you don't like the label, don't do the crime.

Your insane!! :LOL:

I bet your a fu***** riot to hang out with. ;)

Who said I moved to a section I didn't pay for?

YOU did, dude. And I'm a blast, btw. :)

You said moving up to an aisle position from your original spot is okay.

It's not. You didn't pay for that section (aisle or seat) and you're almost certainly blocking someone's view by standing in the aisle where BEFORE you were there, someone had a less obstructed view.

Geez, you guys aren't very aware of how you might affect others in your 'free reign etiquette.' Let me know next time you're front row so I can come up and stand in front of you for free...and you're all good with it. :)

I already told you that this exact thing happened to me. I was front row, several people came up front after the break. I was actually happy for them that they made it up so close. Then, one guy blocked my wife's view so I tapped him on the shoulder. I nodded toward her, and he moved aside so she could see. No throw down. No security. No Geddy stopping the show and screaming at anyone. Just a few members of humanity enjoying a rock show.

:musicnote: Come on people, now... :musicnote:

ETA: For the record, I don't sneak forward. If anything, I move back to the lawn for a little dancing room.

Edited by goose

Troutman,

Getting away with it does not justify it. You're in someone else's space (assuming seats are sold).

Exactly. It's pretty basic morality here. Some people think concerts are a free-for-all no matter what.

They're wrong. Unless they're at Coachella, or some other festival where it literally is a free-for-all.

I can't stand mass GA shows. So I'm always good with reserved seating through and through. It makes for a more flowing and cohesive sensory experience. :)

Either you two didn't read my posts or your :smoke: :LOL: Did I say I took some ones seat or was a "section crasher"? No I didn't. Your putting every one in the same catagory. There is a big difference between some drunk a**hole trying to move in on some ones seat and me just walking down the aisle to get a closer look. You should lighten up or go to the opera!!

Conversely, maybe you guys should lighten up and go to a Crue show. Maybe Rush is a little too highbrow for you. :)

Walking down the aisle IS crashing a section, smart guy. You're moving to a section you didn't pay for. It's scab behavior. If you don't like the label, don't do the crime.

It's not. You didn't pay for that section (aisle or seat) and you're almost certainly blocking someone's view by standing in the aisle where BEFORE you were there, someone had a less obstructed view.

Geez, you guys aren't very aware of how you might affect others in your 'free reign etiquette.' Let me know next time you're front row so I can come up and stand in front of you for free...and you're all good with it. :)

I already told you that this exact thing happened to me. I was front row, several people came up front after the break. I was actually happy for them that they made it up so close. Then, one guy blocked my wife's view so I tapped him on the shoulder. I nodded toward her, and he moved aside so she could see. No throw down. No security. No Geddy stopping the show and screaming at anyone. Just a few members of humanity enjoying a rock show.

ETA: For the record, I don't sneak forward. If anything, I move back to the lawn for a little dancing room.

I'm sure you were ecstatic for them. You're an outstanding member of the Rush community who only wants the best for everyone attending. :)

• Like 1

Can't we all get along?

:martini:

Absolutely we can.

But there's a right and a wrong in this debate, and we all know what's 'right' and what ain't.

Here's the lesson for today, kids.

Don't let people move up to your section. Tell 'em to get lost. If they refuse, get security to do it for you.

:)

Troutman,

I'm sure you were ecstatic for them. You're an outstanding member of the Rush community who only wants the best for everyone attending. :)

The most sensible thing you've said. :cheers:

(Is it really that hard to fathom that I was happy for them to make their way to the stage area? :| )

Can't we all get along?

Absolutely we can.

But there's a right and a wrong in this debate, and we all know what's 'right' and what ain't.

Don't let people move up to your section. Tell 'em to get lost. If they refuse, get security to do it for you.

http://www.humorsharing.com/media/comment/1301/ultimate_facepalm_50ffb9aeb34be.jpg
  • Like 1

Troutman, the point is you don't belong in those sections at all.

:LOL:

What section are you referring to?

The section where your seat isn't. Simple. Example: if your seat is in section 205, you don't belong on the floor.

So if I am in section 205,

Would it be against the law to walk up to the lawn section and chat with friends? Or this, my girlfriend and I saw Rush in Florida during the last tour. We sat about 75ft. from the stage. I had an aisle seat. I walked up about 30ft. to get closer view of the band. Is that against the law as well?

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

Can't we all get along?

Absolutely we can.

http://www.humorsharing.com/media/comment/1301/ultimate_facepalm_50ffb9aeb34be.jpg

Considering tickets on the floor in row 10 are $500, row 15 $375 and row 20 $150 I would not be happy with you walking up the aisle and standing beside me to get a better view.

That's what Bozo 1 and Bozo 2 are ignoring. They don't CARE that other people paid money to be in those areas, they think they're entitled because they've gotten away with it in the past.

They're still being rude and inconsiderate. They just don't think so. Bozo 1 there, he CLAIMS he's stoked that others made it up to front row where he supposedly paid his way (doubtful - seat crashers never pay up front prices), but he's probably lying.

Neither of the guys in this thread defending section crashing have said ONE word about how they justify the disparity between themselves trying to get freebies and people who paid to be up front. Oh, wait, my bad. Bozo 1 said he didn't feel bad for the "chumps who overpaid."

So you can see how that guy gives a f**k about anybody around him, despite him claiming he's happy for everyone.

LOL. Scab behavior. When it's all stripped down to its base form, all those guys are saying is 'We don't care about other people and we don't respect proper concert etiquette.'

They can respond and post and justify all they like, but in the end, they're just guys who don't care about other people.

The section where your seat isn't. Simple. Example: if your seat is in section 205, you don't belong on the floor.

Would it be against the law to walk up to the lawn section and chat with friends? Or this, my girlfriend and I saw Rush in Florida during the last tour. We sat about 75ft. from the stage. I had an aisle seat. I walked up about 30ft. to get closer view of the band. Is that against the law as well?

It's not against the law. It's not nice, 99.9% of people don't like it when it happens. I dunno why this concept is so difficult for you to understand. It isn't rocket science. You just happen to be the .1 % who doesn't think about others before themselves.

YOU'RE BLOCKING SOMEONE'S VIEW WHEN YOU STAND IN THE AISLE.

Sheesh. Duh.

Edited by Van Squalen

Troutman,

(Is it really that hard to fathom that I was happy for them to make their way to the stage area? :| )

Yep. We don't believe you. You haven't shown that level of altruism, sorry. :)

BTW....saying you've been front row, then calling people who 'overpaid' for upfront seats chumps, is kinda contradictory. If in fact you actually paid for front row. :)

Let me guess. You got lucky on the general sale. Sure ya did. :)

Can't we all get along?

Absolutely we can.

Kids are sitting on their hands at the Ed Sheeran show

Not against the law to walk up to chat but it is rude. You are right, it does happen all the time at shows. To talk over bands at concerts is one of the most frustrating things about dealing with John Q. Public- when fans are paying serious cash to see legendary bands that are considering retirement. If folks believe their voice is more important than RUSH music, please go out to the concourse to catch up with buddies. People have the right to hear the music they paid to listen to, not some idle chit chat that has zero relevance.

Not against the law to walk up to chat but it is rude. You are right, it does happen all the time at shows. To talk over bands at concerts is one of the most frustrating things about dealing with John Q. Public- when fans are paying serious cash to see legendary bands that are considering retirement. If folks believe their voice is more important than RUSH music, please go out to the concourse to catch up with buddies. People have the right to hear the music they paid to listen to, not some idle chit chat that has zero relevance.

See, and that's an audio complaint that's totally apropos for further concert etiquette.

By the same token of measure, no visuals or body space ought to be interfered with either. People have the right to fully enjoy the vantage point for which they paid.

It really just comes down to self awareness and respect for others. You either have it. Or you don't.

Troutman,

Yep. We don't believe you. You haven't shown that level of altruism, sorry. :)

BTW....saying you've been front row, then calling people who 'overpaid' for upfront seats chumps, is kinda contradictory. If in fact you actually paid for front row. :)

Let me guess. You got lucky on the general sale. Sure ya did. :)

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/goose_trf/IMAGE_012_2.jpg

2007, Reno. Front row. Ged's side.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/goose_trf/0503082253a.jpg

This pic's my favorite.

Edited by goose

Considering tickets on the floor in row 10 are $500, row 15 $375 and row 20 $150 I would not be happy with you walking up the aisle and standing beside me to get a better view.

Tell that to the many people who were doing it as well. Security had no problem with it as long as you were not there for any length of time and no one was arguing with each other about it.

Edited by troutman

Its the fu****** lawn section! :LOL: Not a library.

• Like 1

That's what Bozo 1 and Bozo 2 are ignoring. They don't CARE that other people paid money to be in those areas, they think they're entitled because they've gotten away with it in the past.

They're still being rude and inconsiderate. They just don't think so. Bozo 1 there, he CLAIMS he's stoked that others made it up to front row where he supposedly paid his way (doubtful - seat crashers never pay up front prices), but he's probably lying.

Neither of the guys in this thread defending section crashing have said ONE word about how they justify the disparity between themselves trying to get freebies and people who paid to be up front. Oh, wait, my bad. Bozo 1 said he didn't feel bad for the "chumps who overpaid."

So you can see how that guy gives a f**k about anybody around him, despite him claiming he's happy for everyone.

LOL. Scab behavior. When it's all stripped down to its base form, all those guys are saying is 'We don't care about other people and we don't respect proper concert etiquette.'

They can respond and post and justify all they like, but in the end, they're just guys who don't care about other people.

Your full of sh**!! You don't know me and how I treat others at a concert. Get over yourself. Its not all about you. BTW, do you wear that tie 24/7?

• Like 1

Perhaps a whole bunch of tickets will magically appear later but looking at the TM seat map for the Toronto shows, you'd think it was the early 80's in terms of ticket availability...

Crazy...for sure. Good for the Boys! They'll be able to retire comfortably.

I was a little concerned about them being able to make ends meet.

Its the fu****** lawn section! :LOL: Not a library.

You are right, I saw the walk up phrase thinking you were walking closer...The thread was you were gonna walk closer to get a better view?

It's not a library, it's a Rush concert. Surprising that Rush doesn't matter that much to some fans, they would actually shout over the band. And of course negate free market supply/demand economics that sets a market price for the closer seats and block a free market American's hard earned closer view of Rush. Sucks that it's so expensive, but we should respect those that choose for themselves to pay for a closer view!

Edited by Gabrielgil513