Why isn't Rush doing their newer albums on vinyl also?

Bytor and the Snow-Dog

They should really do all their albums on 200g vinyl. All of their 1990 and above records are extremely pricey and hard to find. We can already find most of the early records on vinyl for pretty cheap. But 80 dollars for Counterparts? No thank you. It would've been nice for them to just release all of them, anyone agree or disagree?
  • Like 1

My daughter got me Vapor Trails remix on vinyl for Christmas. Is that pretty expensive? I really don't have a clue...

My daughter got me Vapor Trails remix on vinyl for Christmas. Is that pretty expensive? I really don't have a clue...

I mean Counterparts, Test For Echo, Snakes and Arrows, Chronicles, etc.. are all 75 and up most of the time

Limited runs means higher cost. Most new vinyl releases and re-issues cost anywhere from $20 - $50 depending on what they are. I've never seen T4E on vinyl, does it exist?

I mean Counterparts, Test For Echo, Snakes and Arrows, Chronicles, etc.. are all 75 and up most of the time

Limited runs means higher cost. Most new vinyl releases and re-issues cost anywhere from $20 - $50 depending on what they are. I've never seen T4E on vinyl, does it exist?

yeah, only 100 copies were made on a picture disc. Thats it :/

Edited by Bytor and the Snow-Dog

They should defientley re-release their 1989-2007 albums on vinyl. I have Presto, Roll the Bones and Vapor Trails on vinyl but would love to have Counterparts, Test for Echo, Feedback and Snakes and Arrows on vinyl as well. Edited by Hemispheres4Echo
  • Like 1

They should never have ditched albums to begin with in favor of cds.

Does anyone here know if manufacturing vinyl albums costs a lot more than stinky cds?

I read that albums are much more expensive to manufacture than CDs. Cds are fairly inexpensive to create.

Does anyone here know if manufacturing vinyl albums costs a lot more than stinky cds?

I read that albums are much more expensive to manufacture than CDs. Cds are fairly inexpensive to create.

But figuring how much vinyl cost now they would make more profit. 12 bucks for a cd or 25 for vinyl? i would choose the vinyl.

There isn't that many factories around that makes vinyl, as there is making CDs. Last month I read an article about a factory in Germany that had such a large backlog that artists would have to wait a year until their records could be made. Not to forget that most of the machinery is old and cost a lot of money to maintain. That and the usual supply and demand :)

There isn't that many factories around that makes vinyl, as there is making CDs. Last month I read an article about a factory in Germany that had such a large backlog that artists would have to wait a year until their records could be made. Not to forget that most of the machinery is old and cost a lot of money to maintain. That and the usual supply and demand :)

True, but vinyl is making a comeback, i just dont understand why they didnt do all of them :huh:

I'm sure they'll get to it eventually, probably next year after the Mercury series is done. IMO those albums aren't near as good as the Mercury ones so I can't get that excited about it either way. I would like to find an original Vapor Trails recorded with proper levels though.

True, but vinyl is making a comeback, i just dont understand why they didnt do all of them :huh:

CDs were new black in the 90s so vinyl was kind of forgotten - until some realized that convenience isn't always everything. To me it would make perfect sense to release their entire catalogue on vinyl, because the demand is clearly there. But maybe the folks in suits and ties knows something I don't know about the business?

I would like to find an original Vapor Trails recorded with proper levels though.

That one doesn't exist I'm afraid.

That's what I was afraid of, always wondered what the original vinyl sounded like but it was always on sale for a ridiculous amount of money so I never bought it.