Tickets - Something cool happened for me…

eddiescott98

Greetings. I was on both Ticketmaster and the ticketstoday website from the Rush email this morning, looking for tickets to the St. Louis show. Ticketmaster was a disaster for the first few minutes, but I got into the ticketstoday site right away. There were no floor seats (so it said), so on my second search I chose the Lower Price One option. Two second row tickets (in the lower bowl, not on the floor) about halfway back came up. With fees, they were about $170 each. I bought the pair.

Ticketmaster woke up by the time I was done. There were no Gold VIP seats, but a pair of Silver ones popped up. It turns out they were in the exact same section as what I bought, but they were four rows further back. And… they were $304 each. I don’t know if there were additional fees or not, but I essentially got two better seats for at least $268 less. I know I won’t get the “free” stuff, but I didn’t really want it anyway.

I hope others had good luck today as well.

• Like 5

I got absolute zilch in the presales, never even saw a $146 ticket for St. Paul in over an hour yesterday (LiveNation presale).

Today, general sale, same thing, not a sniff for 20 minutes, I settled for a "get me in the building" seat 13 rows up the bowl 3 sections back from the stage. Tried some more out of sheer stubbornness and there it was: 16th row floor for $146 :7up:

Looks like we both got "LUCKY" I got section 116 row J for $160 each. Same section is going for $300 Silver VIP..

Glen, you are in the 116th row and paid $160 for that ticket? I'm sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but I woke up one morning and discovered I was a dinosaur and am not up on any of this type of stuff. Hence, my question. :)

Looks like we both got "LUCKY" I got section 116 row J for $160 each. Same section is going for $300 Silver VIP..

Glen, you are in the 116th row and paid $160 for that ticket? I'm sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but I woke up one morning and discovered I was a dinosaur and am not up on any of this type of stuff. Hence, my question. :)

SECTION 116 ROW J :)

My best experience with ticket purchases was a couple of years ago. I wanted Swift tickets for Xmas for my daughter.

I was at work. I had ticketmaster up on my phone and stubhub up on my work pc.

For an hour, I tried T but couldn't find two tickets together. I was beyond bummed. She deserved these tickets and since she had never been to a concert, she would have been floored. But it had been an hour and I was losing hope.

I started searching single tickets on TM. THEN IT HAPPENED. I was presented a single ticket on TM for section 213, row 6, seat 7. I took a quick glance at stubhub and there it was - a single ticket - section 213, row 6, seat 8!

Bam! Boom! Bing! I bought the ticket on TM, then the ticket on stubhub. It was a great Xmas. Her and her fiend had a night to remember....

Edited by dtpoet
  • Like 1

I tried to get tickets on my phone today, and couldn't find anything on the pre-sale in any section, so I said screw it, I need a ticket now and got Silver VIP. Thanks to the Canadian dollar being so low it ended up costing $375. Then half an hour later someone else on facebook picked up row 10 from pre-sale.

I got an 11th row seat for the Portland show through the fan pre-sale. I think I got pretty damn lucky.

Awesome! I had a similar stroke of good fortune. I hopped on right at 1:00 (eastern time...will be visiting my best friend from college who now lives in Portland), and kept having to enter "quantity 2" in the floor level pricing box and hitting "add to cart", after each time it would tell me there weren't enough tix to fill my request. While with Buffalo and Columbus I was done in record time, Portland took a while and MANY re-tries before it would show me anything. Finally, about 25 minutes in, a box popped up with the location "Floor section, Row 9, seats 41 and 42." So, they may be way over to the side (I'm hoping on Geddy's side since the only other time I've ended up in VIP territory from just the regular fan pre-sale I was on Alex's side), but I was really pumped, and my friend was, too. It's really a unique feeling to be at a show, surrounded on all sides by people with the VIP lanyards, thinking "Hehe, I paid less for two tickets than you paid for one!" I'm liking Portland already! Now to get my hands on a Voodoo Donut!

After striking out with Tampa VIP I didn't have much hope for Phoenix. But less than 10 minutes in I got section B, row 1... front row center!!!!!! I simply could not believe my eyes. I've been doing these presales for years for all different bands and this is the best pull I've ever had. The ticket gods were truly looking out for me today.
  • Like 3

That's awesome, what a feeling when you see that front row pop up on screen! Amazement, then elation, then fear (that somehow the TM site will end up screwing you over somehow!), then relief when the transaction goes through, then all the way back to where you started, elation.....an emotional journey that take all of a few minutes, but well worth it!