What percentage of the venue is put on sale for pre-sale?

zappafrank

Can't be 100%, otherwise that would just be, ya know, a sale.

People acting like all that's left are nosebleeds need to realize that plenty of "decent" seats (per your own definition) are still going to be available once general on-sale starts.

Edited by zappafrank

I think everywhere is different, NYC had presales already and we are on the regular sale now and there's not much left of anything except for the cheapest, highest seats.

Well, yeah, after the regular sale, I'm not surprised. But a show won't sell out during the pre-sale, and while the 1st X number of rows might disappear, by no means will you be stuck with a seat where all you can see are ants on the stage.

I'm a really really short guy, so floor seats are no fun for me anyway. I'd rather be comfortable. I do just fine with a direct line of sight and some binoculars. Plus I can sit back and relax to boot.

The frustrating part is seeing no top-price tickets available at all in a presale you're on from the beginning. How badly I want/need to be really close is my decision, and I'm not obsessed with front row, but to not have a chance is infuriating.

Fortunately I finally did get a good seat today in the general sale, after the scalpers apparently missed a few singles while buying up everything 2-by-2.

All of the good tickets that are set aside, as the show grows closer in time, are they eventually made available to the general public if they aren't used for the purpose they were reserved for?

I'm wondering if anyone has gotten an excellent deal on choice seats on the day of the concert itself?

All of the good tickets that are set aside, as the show grows closer in time, are they eventually made available to the general public if they aren't used for the purpose they were reserved for?

I'm wondering if anyone has gotten an excellent deal on choice seats on the day of the concert itself?

Day of the show for Iron Maiden in 2012 in Darien Lake, I snagged a floor seat through Ticketmaster in like the 15th row or something (maybe closer - don't recall). It was a b'day present to myself.

Edited by zappafrank

I bought a single ticket to a show on the Cp tour the day of and got 8th row. I also walked out of the show with Neil Peart's sticks in my hands - given to me right off of Neil's kit by Larry Allen. 8)

I have friends that got 2 10th row tickets the day of the Tampa show, CA tour.

Got 11th row tickets for me and a friend on the CA tour in Seattle in 2012 the day before the show through ticketmaster's regular sales front. People need to realize presales and even the regular on sale dates are a total scam. You will never see a true picture of what is left in ticket inventory until a day or two before the show. If it is more than a day or two before the show and even when they say there are no tickets available, this does not mean there are no tickets available!

I got 11th row center floor ticket from the box office an hour and a half before showtime at the 10/12/12 Clockwork Angels Philly show. I've also gotten a pair of 20th row center seats at a 'Sold Out' Mumford & Sons show one hour before showtime from the venue box office. And I got killer 10th row seats for the Kings of Leon 'Mechanical Bull' tour in Philly one and a half hours before showtime. I'm at the point now where unless I get what I want regarding seat location on first day of sale, I'll just wait until the day of the show to get the tickets I prefer. Much better success if you're going solo too. And even other super bands like the Stones, McCartney, Springsteen and U2, you can pretty much get good seats from the box office the day of the show. They may be at a higher price tier than you would like to spend, but you'll likely have a great seat to show for it.

I got 11th row center floor ticket from the box office an hour and a half before showtime at the 10/12/12 Clockwork Angels Philly show. I've also gotten a pair of 20th row center seats at a 'Sold Out' Mumford & Sons show one hour before showtime from the venue box office. And I got killer 10th row seats for the Kings of Leon 'Mechanical Bull' tour in Philly one and a half hours before showtime. I'm at the point now where unless I get what I want regarding seat location on first day of sale, I'll just wait until the day of the show to get the tickets I prefer. Much better success if you're going solo too. And even other super bands like the Stones, McCartney, Springsteen and U2, you can pretty much get good seats from the box office the day of the show. They may be at a higher price tier than you would like to spend, but you'll likely have a great seat to show for it.

Tuna, you live anywhere near Silverton?

Tuna, you live anywhere near Silverton?

If it's Silverton, NJ, no, I don't. I'm down in southern Ocean Co., Tuckerton/Little Egg Harbor area.

• Like 1

I did on the last tour. My brother and I decided to go to Hamilton to see them but didn't decide until well after the tickets went on sale. We ended up getting seats someone in the top level of the arena. In the days leading up to the show I kept checking ticketmaster to see if something closer came available and two days before the show seats in row 15 on Geddy's side opened up so I got them. I don't know how or why these seats came opened but I gladly took them.

I'm not sure how many tickets are released for each presale but it can't be a huge amount. For the show here in Buffalo there are four presales I know of (ticketstoday, live nation, citibank and a local radio station) if they were each getting huge blocks of tickets then the show would be sold out before the public sale date. Which would be a bad thing since it would cause even more controversy. These presales are done to make the fans feel special and like they're getting some kind of exclusive deal when in reality there's nothing special at all with the way the presales are done for this band.

• Like 1

These presales are done to make the fans feel special and like they're getting some kind of exclusive deal when in reality there's nothing special at all with the way the presales are done for this band.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at this statement. It's so true.