Better Call Saul

workingcinderellaman

Even Breaking Bad took time to get used to. The first season is a bit slow, and only on the second half you´re dragged into the story.

:goodone:

If it wasn't for Netflix I would have probably never watched the whole series. I didn't care much for the first season.

Seriously?

The first season of Breaking Bad was my favorite.

Opening scene , season 1, episode 1..

Guy in tightey whiteys, wearing a SCBA , screaming through the desert in an RV, with dead bodies floating in the back.

Yeah, season one was slow! Haha

Even Breaking Bad took time to get used to. The first season is a bit slow, and only on the second half you´re dragged into the story.

I loved the premise of Breaking Bad from the very start. My point is the Breaking Bad universe is already defined and fans of the show have their own expectations, prejudices and standards set before watching an episode of Better Call Saul.

I agree Gilligan is facing an uphill battle here. People will have some expectations, not unlike the expectations Kirkman faces with the mindless hoard of comic book fans who want TWD the TV series to be *exactly* like TWD the comic book.

I foresee a bunch of people giving Saul a thumb's down because it is not "as good as Breaking Bad" just as some do the same with TWD. But, frankly, Kirkman has done a very good job with TWD (comic book nerds be damned!) and I think Gilligan will do a masterful job with Saul.

Two episodes in and I am buying...

:goodone:

If it wasn't for Netflix I would have probably never watched the whole series. I didn't care much for the first season.

Seriously?

The first season of Breaking Bad was my favorite.

Opening scene , season 1, episode 1..

Guy in tightey whiteys, wearing a SCBA , screaming through the desert in an RV, with dead bodies floating in the back.

Yeah, season one was slow! Haha

For some reason a lot of my friends had a hard time getting through the first half of season one. I had to convince them to hang on there but once they got into the second half of the season, they were hooked.

Interesting. IVe been wanting to follow this show. I started watching the firse season of BB And I liked it. 2nd season events in my life transpired and I lost touch with the show and when it was ending I didnt really want to have to follow the entire rest of the show. Now I am in position to follow Saul and I think I will.

Interesting. IVe been wanting to follow this show. I started watching the firse season of BB And I liked it. 2nd season events in my life transpired and I lost touch with the show and when it was ending I didnt really want to have to follow the entire rest of the show. Now I am in position to follow Saul and I think I will.

You should marathon through Breaking Bad and then start Better Call Saul.

• Like 1

It's not how fast you can go....

Sorry, but I agree. Breaking Bad is possibly one of those things every person everyone has to experience once.

Yes.

Saul is a prequel to Breaking Bad so start with that. Saul will only be on it's third episode tonight so there isn't much to get caught up on as of now. Watch Breaking Bad first, it will be one of the most enjoyable viewing experiences of your life.

Just saw an interview with Raymond Cruz who plays Tuco,

asked if he will be back on Saul this season, he said wait and see.

So I guess he won't be a regular...BOO

He'll probably have a recurring role in the show. I'm OK with him not being on every week because it's more special when you see him then. When Tuco shows up on this show it needs to have that "shit just got real" vibe to it which won't happen if he's on all the time.

• Like 2

He'll probably have a recurring role in the show. I'm OK with him not being on every week because it's more special when you see him then. When Tuco shows up on this show it needs to have that "shit just got real" vibe to it which won't happen if he's on all the time.

Agree- So he said he could not even stay in an Albuquerque hotel, they wanted it so hush hush.

Had to wear a disguise and stay out of town...lol

Vince Gilligan is a madman.

I hope Hector shows up, maybe he will speak before his stroke

• Like 1

Yes.

Saul is a prequel to Breaking Bad so start with that. Saul will only be on it's third episode tonight so there isn't much to get caught up on as of now. Watch Breaking Bad first, it will be one of the most enjoyable viewing experiences of your life.

I love how the characters of BB are being incorporated. You cold probably watch Saul first but I think it would be much more fun to watch BB first.

Anyone notice the diner Saul went to meet the Kettlemans in Ep. 1 was the same one Mike and Jesse go to years later and Gus stops by.

However- NOT the diner Walt's makes Bacon 52....

I know nerd alert

How about that RUSH poster behind Saul and the fat guy???

Episode 4- Hero

Assuming that was circa 1980 ish....wondering if that was a real poster at one time?

• Like 1