R40 Kit story (AMAZING!)

Jaminbenb

holy crap that's fascinating. his drum set just got 1500x cooler.

Not coincidentally, you can buy that signature snare for $1500. I've ordered three.

• Like 2

Yeah, yeah 1500 year old log. :eyeroll:

I suppose a 1400 year old log just wasn't good enough was it?

Only Neil Peart would have to have the wood for his drum kit carbon-dated.

• Like 2

I believe "Dirty Jobs" had a similar story about a company who would send scuba divers to a particular river in Canada to search for logs that had sunk to the bottom while being transported downstream hundreds of years ago. The guys explained that the cold and lack of oxygen at the bottom of the river preserves the wood. Anyway, they would haul up these old logs and make furniture out of them. And when I say make furniture out of them, they literally would take a paper-thin portion of the ancient wood and paste it on particle board.

To make a long story short, after the airing of the episode, the company involved evidently got into trouble as they didn't have the necessary clearance to salvage the lumber from that river.

So here I am. A 1500 year old log just sitting at the bottom of the river. Happy with my existance and just chilling for eternity. Then some weird looking dudes show up some day looking like fish. Before you know it, they stick these claw things into me and start yanking me to the surface. Ugh fresh air...nonono put me back. Then I get send to this place that chops me up into gazzilion thin strips. Before you know it, I'm on some noisy platform, people screaming at me and some dude pounding the hell out of me.

Life as a log is strange.

Edited by 2112FirstStreet
  • Like 1

So here I am. A 1500 year old log just sitting at the bottom of the river. Happy with my existance and just chilling for eternity. Then some weird looking dudes show up some day looking like fish. Before you know it, they stick these claw things into me and start yanking me to the surface. Ugh fresh air...nonono put me back. Then I get send to this place that chops me up into gazzilion thin strips. Before you know it, I'm on some noisy platform, people screaming at me and some dude pounding the hell out of me.

A strange existence indeed....so how much is Neil's complete kit cost? Even though the 1500 year log wouldn't be part of the kit.

Yeah, yeah 1500 year old log. :eyeroll:

I suppose a 1400 year old log just wasn't good enough was it?

Only Neil Peart would have to have the wood for his drum kit carbon-dated.

I told my wife about Neil's new kit and she just rolled her eyes and said, "That's Neil."

A strange existence indeed....so how much is Neil's complete kit cost? Even though the 1500 year log wouldn't be part of the kit.

A 1500 year old log for Neil and we pay 1500 for a snare that is not from that 1500 year old log.

A 1500 year old log for Neil and we pay 1500 for a snare that is not from that 1500 year old log.

Good point. What a ripoff!