Chocolatey Scandal! Cadbury's Chocolate To Stay OUT Of The USA

Principled Man

As a result of a settlement with the Hershey’s Company, Let’s Buy British Imports, or L.B.B., agreed this week to stop importing all Cadbury’s chocolate made overseas. The company also agreed to halt imports on KitKat bars made in Britain; Toffee Crisps, which, because of their orange packaging, and yellow-lined brown script, too closely resemble Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups; Yorkie chocolate bars, which infringe on the York peppermint patty; and Maltesers.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/b4/27/ff/b427ffc0a142c58e92f4da8b2eff0a20.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/24/nyregion/after-a-deal-british-chocolates-wont-cross-the-pond.html?_r=0

I emailed Cadbury before they were bought by Hershey's and PLEADED with them , Please don't!!! But did they listen, Nooooooooo!

We appreciate your concern blahblahblah...

Kraft ruined Cadbury as far as anyone in the states is concerned. I suppose we'll still be able to get those vomitous creme egg things. Whoop-de-freakin'-do. :sarcastic:

Hershey's chocolate tastes like sour milk, and it's crumbly and waxy.

Edited by Mara

Kraft ruined Cadbury as far as anyone in the states is concerned. I suppose we'll still be able to get those vomitous creme egg things. Whoop-de-freakin'-do. :sarcastic:

She's right, you know. Losing Cadbury is not a big loss. Lots of other way-better chocolate to choose from.

• Like 1

Their Bourneville (red labeled ) dark chocolate was the worst! Tasted like they removed some of the cocoa butter and replaced it with rancid fish & chip fat. NASTY!

She's right, you know. Losing Cadbury is not a big loss. Lots of other way-better chocolate to choose from.

Like Godiva. :)

Lindt :drool:
  • Like 3

Guylian :drool:

I'd say Perugina, but they were purchased by Nestle, so who knows what will happen there. Baci's are still good so far...

I'd say Perugina, but they were purchased by Nestle, so who knows what will happen there. Baci's are still good so far...

The old commerical jingle went " N-E-S-T-L E-S, Nestle's makes the very best...chocolate." But what most people don't know is that Nestle's makes some 20 or so chocolate formulations, and most are only available wholesale to the food or candymaking trade. If you go into a better candy store, and they sell plain milk or dark chocolate, what you may be getting is a broken piece of the chocolate they use for coating, or "enrobing" their candies. Broken pieces because it is sold to the candymaker as a "trade bar" which is a 10 lb or 5 kilo slab of chocolate. In Nestle's case the top end is "'Peter's Superlative", named after Daniel Peter, Henri Nestle's partner. In both milk and dark varieties it is very rich.

Whole Foods (at least the stores here in FL) Sell milk and chocolate by breaking up trade bars, primarily Callebaut from Belgium and El Rey from Venezuela. The El Rey dark is a deep, intensely flavored chocolate, great stuff.

Edited by pjbear05

Best of the bunch from what I could see when visiting.