Jump to content


Do fans on the floor stand for most of the concert?

R40 tour

  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 5823 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:36 PM

Maybe you all can help this newbie here!  I ended up with Row 16 tickets on the floor in Philly for Darling Husband and self.  Haven't been to a concert in a while and didn't stop to think whether everyone in front of us will be standing the whole time or not.  DOES the floor pretty much stand the whole time, do you think?  I was so excited by the tour news and quick ticket sale that I kind of ignored that I have a chronic health condition causing muscular problems from time to time.  Don't think I can stand for 3 hours- if I'll need to stand the whole time to see, I had better sell these and find some tickets in the side bowl. . . .

Sponsored Post

#2 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4651 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:British Columbia Canada

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:41 PM

The floor is going to be standing for the entire show.

#3 Unattractive Truth

Unattractive Truth

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1270 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern California

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:47 PM

Absolutely.

#4 RushBoingo

RushBoingo

    Superconductor

  • Members *
  • 1094 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Winnipeg
  • Interests:Concerts, Music, Amusement Parks, Road Trips, Laughing.
    Favorite Bands: Animal Collective, They Might Be Giants, Rush, too may others to list here

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:53 PM

Yes, although obviously it goes without saying that you can (and most do) sit during the intermission. Sorry, silly idea here, but you could bring some phone books to sit on to add some height when you have to sit.

I think of all the concerts I have been to, the only two where sitting on the floor happened was at Weird Al and The Blue Man Group. Every other show involved standing (even a folk concert I went to had people standing).

#5 keakag

keakag

    The Seeker

  • Members *
  • 429 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Texas

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:59 PM

I have been to multiple show every tour since 1989. I have never sat for a single song. People sitting during a Rush show are very few

#6 Empty Mindless Spectre

Empty Mindless Spectre

    Prime Mover

  • Members *
  • 753 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Newark, Delaware
  • Interests:RUSH, Fishing, Hockey, Fantasy Football

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:00 PM

I agree. You can pretty much count on everyone in front of you standing. If I were you, I think I'd keep the tickets, enter the show, then go up to the area you'd like to sit and offer to trade tickets with someone. I'm guessing you wouldn't have much trouble trading 16th row floor seats for some very good lower level seats. If you think you can stand long enough, you can maybe even wait until intermission. Just a thought.

#7 theanalogmiddleagedman

theanalogmiddleagedman

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 355 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:south of Rochester, NY
  • Interests:my family, Rush, Notre Dame, outdoors, exercise, basketball, football, yardwork

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:11 PM

I've seen people sitting around me, even when I have been in the front row, but they were miserable and were clearly dragged there against their will...

#8 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 5823 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:40 PM

View PostEmpty Mindless Spectre, on 25 January 2015 - 09:00 PM, said:

I agree. You can pretty much count on everyone in front of you standing. If I were you, I think I'd keep the tickets, enter the show, then go up to the area you'd like to sit and offer to trade tickets with someone. I'm guessing you wouldn't have much trouble trading 16th row floor seats for some very good lower level seats. If you think you can stand long enough, you can maybe even wait until intermission. Just a thought.
Thanks, Spectre, I hadn't thought of that. Thought maybe I would have to sell them on StubHub or someplace. Yeah, I figured, about the standing.  Might be OK for me, might not, but my son is getting married later in the summer and best not to get worn down to a frazzle before the big day.  Wish the tour had included Hershey, PA as I am way more familiar with the Giant Center.  My excitement for the tour took over my common sense for awhile Friday morning. . . . .   thanks everyone for the info!

#9 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

    A Pale Boy with only Half a Brain

  • Members *
  • 21056 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The rich and sunny planet Ursa Minor Beta (or Buffalo NY)

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:09 PM

View Postblueschica, on 25 January 2015 - 09:40 PM, said:

View PostEmpty Mindless Spectre, on 25 January 2015 - 09:00 PM, said:

I agree. You can pretty much count on everyone in front of you standing. If I were you, I think I'd keep the tickets, enter the show, then go up to the area you'd like to sit and offer to trade tickets with someone. I'm guessing you wouldn't have much trouble trading 16th row floor seats for some very good lower level seats. If you think you can stand long enough, you can maybe even wait until intermission. Just a thought.
Thanks, Spectre, I hadn't thought of that. Thought maybe I would have to sell them on StubHub or someplace. Yeah, I figured, about the standing.  Might be OK for me, might not, but my son is getting married later in the summer and best not to get worn down to a frazzle before the big day.  Wish the tour had included Hershey, PA as I am way more familiar with the Giant Center.  My excitement for the tour took over my common sense for awhile Friday morning. . . . .   thanks everyone for the info!
I'm sure worst case scenario you can sit for a few songs. Choose your moments for songs you don't care as much about like people do for piss breaks

#10 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Sphere

  • Members
  • 9811 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:30 PM

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 25 January 2015 - 10:09 PM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 25 January 2015 - 09:40 PM, said:

View PostEmpty Mindless Spectre, on 25 January 2015 - 09:00 PM, said:

I agree. You can pretty much count on everyone in front of you standing. If I were you, I think I'd keep the tickets, enter the show, then go up to the area you'd like to sit and offer to trade tickets with someone. I'm guessing you wouldn't have much trouble trading 16th row floor seats for some very good lower level seats. If you think you can stand long enough, you can maybe even wait until intermission. Just a thought.
Thanks, Spectre, I hadn't thought of that. Thought maybe I would have to sell them on StubHub or someplace. Yeah, I figured, about the standing.  Might be OK for me, might not, but my son is getting married later in the summer and best not to get worn down to a frazzle before the big day.  Wish the tour had included Hershey, PA as I am way more familiar with the Giant Center.  My excitement for the tour took over my common sense for awhile Friday morning. . . . .   thanks everyone for the info!
I'm sure worst case scenario you can sit for a few songs. Choose your moments for songs you don't care as much about like people do for piss breaks

I was gonna say the same thing. Alex and Neil always do solos to and you can sit during those to if you want. The first part of Rush's set is usually an hour, then there is about a 15 minute intermission (where you can sit) and then the second half is about 90 mins. Just to give you an idea of how long it is. Hopefully that's not too much standing for you because on the floor pretty much everyone stands. The way it's set up you pretty much need to be on you feet to see the show.

#11 Weakly Criminal

Weakly Criminal

    Stop voting republicRAT

  • Members *
  • 13064 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Terrell, TX
  • Interests:Speaking truth to evil, partying, sports and outdoors, avoiding growing up.

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:17 PM

The very idea of not just standing, but not jumping and singing and screaming and air drumming and air guitaring during every moment they are playing boggles my mind. I'm usually very sore the next few days, and it's  great soreness, like after really wild sex. Always have frog voice too.

#12 USB Connector

USB Connector

    Trek for Echo

  • Members *
  • 8282 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vulcan
  • Interests:Exploring the final frontier as captain of the Galaxy Class Starship Rocinante (registry NCC-2112).

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:36 PM

View Postkeakag, on 25 January 2015 - 08:59 PM, said:

I have been to multiple show every tour since 1989. I have never sat for a single song. People sitting during a Rush show are very few

Come to Montreal and get something other than floor seats. During the time machine tour only the floor was standing by the time they got to Faithless. It was shocking how dead the audience was despite the show looking sold out.

#13 traeplien

traeplien

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 357 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:25 PM

Any person who sits through a Rush show prolly is in the wrong place.

#14 Prime Mover and Shaker

Prime Mover and Shaker

    SOCN Court Jester

  • Members *
  • 10205 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tucson, AZ

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:49 PM

People sit in Toronto, of all places.   Lame - unless, of course, you have to!

#15 GernTheFish

GernTheFish

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:04 PM

View Posttraeplien, on 26 January 2015 - 10:25 PM, said:

Any person who sits through a Rush show prolly is in the wrong place.

Well, Rush music is hard to dance to and I can't dance anyway.  Once I tried to dance to to La Villa and I hurt myself, so now I just sit down and snap my fingers.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: R40 tour

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users