The Official Super Bowl Prediction Thread

laughedatbytime

The Shithawks' D was non-existant against the Packers. It was only a fold that would make an origami master proud that got them through.

Brady being pissed makes him concentrate harder & refuse to lose . It has bugger all to do with the opposition. He has an axe to grind. He has all the ammunition he needs.

Wilson is f**k all compared to Brady & I'm no Pats fan. Not at all.

Did you see the stats posted above. The Seahawks held the Packers to 255 yards for the game and less than 5 yds/pass attempt. If that's non-existent, give me non-existent every week for the Dolphins.

This season, Brady has produced his best stuff when he's mad.

He's hopping mad now with all this Deflategate bollocks.

Look out, Shithawks!

What's he gonna do? Throw the ball harder? Prepare longer? Just not seeing how anger is going to make him a better player.

He'll be a cool as a cucumber and pick the Seahawks apart.

Anger makes you "cool as a cucumber"?

He won't face a more physical defense all year. Not sure how the Patriots are going to physically dominate players like the Seahawks have...they have the advantage in physicality when the NE offense and Sea defense are on the field.

Like the game against the Packers? :LOL:

The Packer offense was held in check very well. (Sure, part of that was McCarthy's play calling.)

The Packers averaged under 5 yards per pass and 3.8 yards per rush and had 255 total yards. Hard to say that's outstanding offensive football.

Come on,

As a fan of football you know that Seattle should not even be in this game! :LOL:

Well, they are. And as I said before that could well prove to be a positive.

Besides, their opponent wasn't far from not being here either.

Denver dominated the AFC Championship game last year and the Seahawks were one play away from losing. I don't think momentum plays that big of a role in this game.

Your right,

They are in the game. But like I posted earlier. If they play like they did last week they are fu****!! But it is the SB and any thing can happen. We saw what OSU did too the QUACKS!! :D

Edited by troutman

The Shithawks' D was non-existant against the Packers. It was only a fold that would make an origami master proud that got them through.

Brady being pissed makes him concentrate harder & refuse to lose . It has bugger all to do with the opposition. He has an axe to grind. He has all the ammunition he needs.

Did you see the stats posted above. The Seahawks held the Packers to 255 yards for the game and less than 5 yds/pass attempt. If that's non-existent, give me non-existent every week for the Dolphins.

A lot of times,

Stats don't matter. It's taking advantage of any givin situation. The Packers blew the game. Just admit it.

Look out, Shithawks!

What's he gonna do? Throw the ball harder? Prepare longer? Just not seeing how anger is going to make him a better player.

He won't face a more physical defense all year. Not sure how the Patriots are going to physically dominate players like the Seahawks have...they have the advantage in physicality when the NE offense and Sea defense are on the field.

The Packer offense was held in check very well. (Sure, part of that was McCarthy's play calling.)

The Packers averaged under 5 yards per pass and 3.8 yards per rush and had 255 total yards. Hard to say that's outstanding offensive football.

Come on,

As a fan of football you know that Seattle should not even be in this game! :LOL:

Denver dominated the AFC Championship game last year and the Seahawks were one play away from losing. I don't think momentum plays that big of a role in this game.

Your right,

They are in the game. But like I posted earlier. If they play like they did last week there are fu****!! But it is the SB and any thing can happen. We saw what OSU did too the QUACKS!! :D

They absolutely cannot play like they did on the offensive side of the ball like they did last week. They have no chance if they do. The defensive side of the ball—yeah, they probably need to play a little better, since Belichick will in no way be anywhere as conservative as McCarthy. I think last week's offensive performance was an aberration, not a trend. They don't have a great offensive team, especially at the WR corps. I think they need the defense to create some opportunities for early scores and give their offense some confidence and a chance at success early. I think that will happen, though obviously it may not. Should be a fun game to watch.

A lot of times,

Stats don't matter. It's taking advantage of any givin situation. The Packers blew the game. Just admit it.

Of course the Packers blew the game. I haven't suggested otherwise.

But the Seattle defense played well given the situations they found themselves in vs a very good to great offense.

I think the Seahawks played the fewest defensive snaps out of all of the teams in the regular season. The key to beating them is to control the ball and wear them down. Not an easy task to do mind you, but the Patriots have the type of style to do it.

Look out, Shithawks!

Come on,

Your right,

They are in the game. But like I posted earlier. If they play like they did last week there are fu****!! But it is the SB and any thing can happen. We saw what OSU did too the QUACKS!! :D

They absolutely cannot play like they did on the offensive side of the ball like they did last week. They have no chance if they do. The defensive side of the ball—yeah, they probably need to play a little better, since Belichick will in no way be anywhere as conservative as McCarthy. I think last week's offensive performance was an aberration, not a trend. They don't have a great offensive team, especially at the WR corps. I think they need the defense to create some opportunities for early scores and give their offense some confidence and a chance at success early. I think that will happen, though obviously it may not. Should be a fun game to watch.

Why,

The political comments? :facepalm: Is this SOCN? :LOL:

All the defensive stats you'd hope to see for the regular season, adjusted for opponent.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

And more stats. Given that the Seahawks had the fewest drives against, and the difference in drives was much greater than the difference in plays per drive, without doing the math I think the number of plays run vs the Seattle defense was the least in the league.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestatsdef

The Hawks' D was made to look competent by virtue of fuckwitted decisions by the Packers' coaching staff.

The calls McCarthy implemented were stupid & played into Seattle's hands.

Any semi-capable coach should've buried the Seahawks by half time in that game.

Like I say, I'm no Pats fan. far from it. But Green Bay lost that game spectacularly, Seattle didn't do anything amazing to win it.

Edited by Turbine Freight

The Dolphins are non existent every week. After Halloween anyways.

Look out, Shithawks!

I see. You think an injured Sherman is looking forward to tackling Gronkowski? Blount?

Look out, Shithawks!

I see. You think an injured Sherman is looking forward to tackling Gronkowski? Blount?

Probably not. But Kam Chancellor is.

Look out, Shithawks!

He might be up to it. I assure you he's not looking forward to it.

Look out, Shithawks!

Probably not as much as Bennett and Irvin are looking to hit Brady, no.

Look out, Shithawks!

Probably not as much as Bennett and Irvin are looking to hit Brady, no.

Unfortunately for him, Chancellor is going to see more of Gronkowski and Blount.

Before championship weekend, I had the Pats finding a way to edge out the Hawks. With Wilson looking bad and Seattle injured and the Pats finding a way to pretend they are underdogs that no one believes in (despite the fact that most in the US think they'll win), the Pats are going to steamroll the Seahawks. I will stop watching 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter.

I hate both these teams. Is there any way neither can win?

The best you can do is dont watch the game and wait for the next season to come yesterday.

My prediction is I will be entertained by the game. I have no favorite team and I love to watch a well played close game, so I think (hope) this will be one. I loved the last 2 minutes of the Sea/Pack game, despite being surrounded by Pats fans who were rooting for who they figured would be easier to beat (Packers). I love it when the score narrows and usually don't care which team makes that happen. Basically, I get more fun out of suspense and admiration of the action than whatever reason makes a person form an alliance to a team that he/she may have no personal connection to whatsoever. This drives my friends and family watching with me nuts. For some reason they think I should take their feelings into consideration when I form opinions that have no tangible relevance to their lives whatsoever. :D

That said, for some reason I am leaning toward wanting the Hawks to win, but I think the Pats will beat them 24-21 after being down in the first half. I will be the guy hoping for a hawks FG into OT - standing with his back to no one. :ph34r: I will, however be quite happy for my friends and family should the Pats win, even though they will say I had nothing to do with it. On that, we all agree. :fistbump: