We'll surely get more "classic" Rush in R40...

Alchemical

Throughout the show, they should enfold a bunch of extended jams featuring snippets from signature - but unsingable - tunes. Nods to greatness would be enough for me, expands the setlist, and rewards loyal fans. It might even get a heapskate like me to buy a few tickets. :P
  • Like 5

Throughout the show, they should enfold a bunch of extended jams featuring snippets from signature - but unsingable - tunes. Nods to greatness would be enough for me, expands the setlist, and rewards loyal fans. It might even get a heapskate like me to buy a few tickets. :P

My thought was to put the classics in instrumental medley form too. just let the crowd sing em.

Mick

• Like 4

My thought was to put the classics in instrumental medley form too. just let the crowd sing em.

Mick

I totally think we will hear this. If not the vocal sections, then a medley of the instrumental sections of older tunes will be recognizable to our ears and still provide some satisfaction to the concert goer. At least I wouldn't mind that so much.

• Like 4

i think a lot of people here have some very high hopes for anything earlier than permanent waves.
  • Like 4

i think a lot of people here have some very high hopes for anything earlier than permanent waves.

I personally would love that but "high hopes?" I have none. I have no hopes to be honest and will take what I can get at this point. Simple as that.... :sigh: :codger:
  • Like 2

why not make a set list with the complete first three albums to celebrate their 40th anniversary and a collection of songs from 2112 to CA done at a faster pace to include many songs as possible :gg: Edited by RUDT

Mick

I totally think we will hear this. If not the vocal sections, then a medley of the instrumental sections of older tunes will be recognizable to our ears and still provide some satisfaction to the concert goer. At least I wouldn't mind that so much.

I think a "follow the bouncing ball" choral sing a long would be fun at some point. Fly by Night might work well that way.

ETA: Pat Benatar can't atnd to sing "Hit Me With Your Best Shot", so for years now she's simply pulled acouple of girls from the audience to sing it. I respect that approach way more than refusing to play one of your biggest hits. That's just douchey.

Edited by goose

Yeah...they did a lot of the later 80's and 90's stuff last tour....

Maybe a vocal-less kind of thing like the R30 tour for some of the more classic stuff? Hard to tell at this point.

I think he'd blow a vocal chord or heck even his testicles if he tried "SCREAM OUT DESPERATION...BUT....."

• Like 3

Yeah...they did a lot of the later 80's and 90's stuff last tour....

Maybe a vocal-less kind of thing like the R30 tour for some of the more classic stuff? Hard to tell at this point.

I think he'd blow a vocal chord or heck even his testicles if he tried "SCREAM OUT DESPERATION...BUT....."

lol. right.......that's why i'm like......guys you ARE kidding right? He barely made Time stands Still on the Time Machine Tour, lol

Mick

I'd much rather hear classic songs that haven't been played in years, rather than than never played tunes, like the ones on the rush petition site.

Just hoping for a great retrospective show- sans anything like the feedback crap (IMO) we had to ensure on R30. Would also be nice to see the silly videos jettisoned this time around. Just play it straight like the old days!

Then again i'm asking for Prime mover......so what do i know, lol

Mick

Hey, I want Prime Mover, too! :dweez: Favorite song from both HYF and the ASoH DVD!

Sweet!!!!! I just don't think we'll get it cause it's only been played on the HYF Tour. Something tells me they don't like it.

Mick

I personally would love that but "high hopes?" I have none. I have no hopes to be honest and will take what I can get at this point. Simple as that.... :sigh: :codger:

What he said