1 Night in NYC?

BasqueNYC

I noticed that if this is the last tour (which I don't think it will) than why one date in NYC? I also remember that this happened on the R30 tour but than out of nowhere we got 2 sold out nites at Radio City Music Hall.Also there is about 9 days from the MSG show to the next date So it could happen which would be epic because those 2 nites back in Aug 2004 were amazing the show (should have recorded it for a dvd IMO) and crowd went batshit crazy!

If not any RCMH shows are announced I can see it happening on a 2nd leg of the States (if it happens)

• Like 2

I don't know why they're not playing Jones Beach.

It seems like generally, across this tour (whether it's the whole thing or merely a first leg), most of the shows are in the NHL/NBA arenas, rather than the open-air amphitheaters they usually play on spring/summer tours. I guess if they're only playing 35 shows, it makes more financial sense to play the hockey arenas and get 10-14k people at between $90-$400 apiece, than get 7,000 in the amphitheaters between $65-$400 apiece plus a few thousand on the lawn at $35-$40 apiece.

I'm kinda bummed they're not making their usual Saratoga stop, but am able to hit Buffalo, and plan summer mini-vacations around the Columbus and Portland shows.

It seems like generally, across this tour (whether it's the whole thing or merely a first leg), most of the shows are in the NHL/NBA arenas, rather than the open-air amphitheaters they usually play on spring/summer tours. I guess if they're only playing 35 shows, it makes more financial sense to play the hockey arenas and get 10-14k people at between $90-$400 apiece, than get 7,000 in the amphitheaters between $65-$400 apiece plus a few thousand on the lawn at $35-$40 apiece.

I agree with your assessment. But for the record, unlike most outdoor amphitheaters, Jones Beach has a very large seating capacity -- 15,000 seats -- and Rush sells it out every time. So even though they're concentrating more on the higher-capacity hockey arenas, Jones Beach wouldn't have been out of place on this tour.

Honestly to me first Jones beach sounds a bit dead maybe cause it's outdoors I don't know,2nd I live in Manhattan and it's a pain the as to get to I don't have a car obviously so there is no need for one

But here's to a possible RCMH show

I noticed that if this is the last tour (which I don't think it will) than why one date in NYC? I also remember that this happened on the R30 tour but than out of nowhere we got 2 sold out nites at Radio City Music Hall.Also there is about 9 days from the MSG show to the next date So it could happen which would be epic because those 2 nites back in Aug 2004 were amazing the show (should have recorded it for a dvd IMO) and crowd went batshit crazy!

I flew in from Wisconsin for the first show at Radio City (August 18th, 2004). Front Row, First Balcony........BEST SHOW EVER......... :haz: :haz:

Paris Hilton....Paris Hilton....WHERE'S YOUR PRIDE?! WHERE'S YOUR PRIDE?!!!!!! :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

• Like 1

I flew in from Wisconsin for the first show at Radio City (August 18th, 2004). Front Row, First Balcony........BEST SHOW EVER......... :haz: :haz:

Paris Hilton....Paris Hilton....WHERE'S YOUR PRIDE?! WHERE'S YOUR PRIDE?!!!!!! :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

Hahaha I remember that the whole Paris Hilton thing and when Alex mocked crying

"beautiful NYC best city in the world I don't wanna go I don't wanna go!!!

And the place was going batshit I actually will agree both nites but the 2nd NITE was my fav Rush concert ever! And I believe it was the last NITE of the US tour too

I agree with your assessment. But for the record, unlike most outdoor amphitheaters, Jones Beach has a very large seating capacity -- 15,000 seats -- and Rush sells it out every time. So even though they're concentrating more on the higher-capacity hockey arenas, Jones Beach wouldn't have been out of place on this tour.

I've seen Rush their twice and both times there were a lot of empty seats. On S&A, only 9,000 of the 11,000 seats were sold, and it seemed like there were fewer people than that. It's also the worst place I've ever gone to see a concert...dead crowd, horrible sound washed away by the wind, and no beer. Thank heavens Rush decided to give this place a pass.

Doesn't MSG seat 20,000? Or am I mistaken about that?

But the top seats and one side of the arena weren't available. On the last two tours the numbers are closer to 13,000.

But the top seats and one side of the arena weren't available. On the last two tours the numbers are closer to 13,000.

Was there a special reason why those areas weren't available?

I've seen Rush their twice and both times there were a lot of empty seats. On S&A, only 9,000 of the 11,000 seats were sold, and it seemed like there were fewer people than that. It's also the worst place I've ever gone to see a concert...dead crowd, horrible sound washed away by the wind, and no beer. Thank heavens Rush decided to give this place a pass.

I haven't seen a show there since the VT tour, which looked like a full house to me. The poor sound from the wind coming off the water is the reason I no longer go there. But I've heard nothing but good things about the turnouts for the shows there since then.

Was there a special reason why those areas weren't available?

Both at Jones Beach and MSG (and I assume other larger arenas) they just block off areas that they don't think they can sell out, usually putting a tarp or something over it so it doesn't look like empty seats.

I haven't seen a show there since the VT tour, which looked like a full house to me. The poor sound from the wind coming off the water is the reason I no longer go there. But I've heard nothing but good things about the turnouts for the shows there since then.

I think the first S&A show was big (13k out of 14k), the second was the 9k out of 11k I mention above, TMT sold 13k (near full), and CA sold 9.5k of 11k...so it seems that they have one good outing followed by one bad outing. But even the "good" outings are marred by low energy and bad sound.

Hahaha I remember that the whole Paris Hilton thing and when Alex mocked crying

"beautiful NYC best city in the world I don't wanna go I don't wanna go!!!

And the place was going batshit I actually will agree both nites but the 2nd NITE was my fav Rush concert ever! And I believe it was the last NITE of the US tour too

Here is this one. :D

I was at the Radio City shows in 2004 and they were by far the best sounding Rush concerts ive ever been to. No comparison.

I've been jonesing for them to do more shows there and just don't understand why they don't.

Here's to hoping for some additions!!

• Like 2