2015 - 06/19 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Just checked Stubhub for the heck of it. What does the ACC hold for a concert? 16,000? Maybe less? There are currently (with more tickets to be sold tomorrow) 3,100 tickets listed solely for this show on Stubhub. So, not only are ticket prices for this tour more expensive at face value than they've ever been, scalpers are relisting 20% of them on scalper sites - and at stupidly high prices that no one in their right mind would pay. I don't think buying concert tickets has ever been worse than it is currently.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just checked Stubhub for the heck of it. What does the ACC hold for a concert? 16,000? Maybe less? There are currently (with more tickets to be sold tomorrow) 3,100 tickets listed solely for this show on Stubhub. So, not only are ticket prices for this tour more expensive at face value than they've ever been, scalpers are relisting 20% of them on scalper sites - and at stupidly high prices that no one in their right mind would pay. I don't think buying concert tickets has ever been worse than it is currently.

Agreed completely. The whole thing is sickening.

I have been on since 10am sharp for the General Public sale...and I haven't been able to score a damn seat yet. I'm actually trying to get 4 tickets together...but still, no reason why I couldn't get 4 somewhere in the building when they go on sale.

The whole process is such a bother and honestly, it's obvious that things are fishy with the entire process. Fans lose out because of it.

The big thing that I think a lot of people forget is that Leaf/Raptors season ticket holders get first crack at any concerts or events that may be happening at the ACC. While not all season ticket holders capitalize on this, even if 3,500 do (roughly the same number of tickets available on SH BEFORE the presales), that is a significant amount that either gets spoken for, or goes to the secondary market at stupid prices. Now...the bowl seats, I get. If you have plats for hockey, you get your sets for the concert. I'm not sure how that would translate to the best floor tickets though.

After about 20 mins of trying to get two tickets when the live nation presale started yesterday, I got two in section 101 so I took them. I'm not concerned about sitting up close, my main thing is just to make sure i'm in the building. We are sitting on the opposite end of the stage but at least it's the last row of our section, so if my brother and I stand up we won't be blocking anyone behind us.

The whole ticket buying process is just terrible though. I've never seen it this bad with any other band i've gone to see. Something isn't right and it needs to change. I'm sure the band has to know about how this works buy now, it was very similar last tour. You would like to think at least one of them would want to step in and do something about it. Maybe there's some legal stuff with the bands management and that's why they can't do nothing. I find it hard to believe that the members of the band wouldn't want their more dedicated fans to have the opportunity to get tickets before anyone else.

Wasn't sure if I'd make this show, but in the end I couldn't pass it up! Went for broke(literally) and got a VIP, Row 4, Seat 15. Ticket arrived in the mail today, and the hotel is booked!! :dweez:

Hey Phoenix! We used to do a lot of trading 9-10 years ago.....glad to see you're coming over to the Great White North! Hope to run into you..... :ebert:

The big thing that I think a lot of people forget is that Leaf/Raptors season ticket holders get first crack at any concerts or events that may be happening at the ACC. While not all season ticket holders capitalize on this, even if 3,500 do (roughly the same number of tickets available on SH BEFORE the presales), that is a significant amount that either gets spoken for, or goes to the secondary market at stupid prices. Now...the bowl seats, I get. If you have plats for hockey, you get your sets for the concert. I'm not sure how that would translate to the best floor tickets though.

When are season's ticket holders seats on the ice or the court? They're in the lower bowl. I've had corporate seats for hockey and concerts and they are the same seats for both events for that company. That's a non issue.

Organizations are blanketing the sales with God knows how many employees, buying up all the tickets, VIP included and reselling them. Check out Ebay. There are countless pages of Rush tickets for the June 19 show listed and you can tell by the design of the picture advertising each set of tickets, that it's the same scalper company. It's bullshit!

On another note, when searching for tickets for the general public sale, of course "No tickets available" appears. Below that you have a Platinum ticket option. I click on that and low and behold there are second row seats on Geddy's side - for $650.00 apiece!!! So even Ticketmaster is screwing the fan. They advertise the price ranges from the low nose-bleed price to the highest price of $195.00. Then they turn around and list tickets for $650.00. Sounds like a classic bait and switch move to me and should be illegal.

Sorry for the venting. I haven't had my pot of morning coffee yet.

On another note, when searching for tickets for the general public sale, of course "No tickets available" appears. Below that you have a Platinum ticket option. I click on that and low and behold there are second row seats on Geddy's side - for $650.00 apiece!!! So even Ticketmaster is screwing the fan. They advertise the price ranges from the low nose-bleed price to the highest price of $195.00. Then they turn around and list tickets for $650.00. Sounds like a classic bait and switch move to me and should be illegal.

Sorry for the venting. I haven't had my pot of morning coffee yet.

Nothing to be sorry for. The whole process is a complete and total sham. I completely agree. All I was saying is that the tickets sold in the bowls before the presales are likely through season ticket holders. As for how the floor tickets magically end up in someone's hand before they are available to ANY members of the public is anyones guess.

I'll be there for the Friday, June 19th show and mini RushCon! Super stoked! AND... the DVD is being filmed in hometown YYZ!!!! Hope to meet some of you there. Cheers! :)

My best buddy is going to the show, but also traveling with two extra tickets so he is looking to sell them. He got the tix from some broker site, so they are more than face value. They are Floor C row 27. PM me if interested.

Everyone I am jealous! Toronto and Montreal are my staple shows FOREVER but I'm in Europe that week, forcing me to see them in Tampa and Vegas instead. Hope you all represent well without me! :)

:rush:

Just wanting to suggest to everyone that since this show is being recorded for the next DVD/BLU-RAY! Bring lighters and get everyone that you know is going to do the same so that we can light up the ACC when they play closer to the heart.

Just wanting to suggest to everyone that since this show is being recorded for the next DVD/BLU-RAY! Bring lighters and get everyone that you know is going to do the same so that we can light up the ACC when they play closer to the heart.

That's old school, people don't do that at shows anymore. They usually just use their phones if that happens now. In my earlier concert going days, I always used to bring a lighter with me and bust it out during slower songs.

Well I feel that with what Rush is doing with this show and the format they are doing it in. It would be the least we could do for THEM after what they have given us for 40+ years so tell everyone to screw the cell phones and go old school for closer to the heart!

I am considering doing something CRAZY.

I'm considering getting one of the super expensive great seats for one of the Toronto shows. It would be so awesome...and there's a small chance I could end up on the DVD.

I could take the signs I made for R30...the ones that got me a mention in Roadshow. :dweez:

I am considering doing something CRAZY.

I'm considering getting one of the super expensive great seats for one of the Toronto shows. It would be so awesome...and there's a small chance I could end up on the DVD.

I could take the signs I made for R30...the ones that got me a mention in Roadshow. :dweez:

If you can afford it, Do It!! you only live once.

Archived