2015 - 08/01 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Forum

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

FYI - For those who are coming from another part of the world or the US to see Rush at the Forum. Inglewood is not the best place to get a hotel. Especially close to the Forum area. If you do get one your better off on the west side of the 405 freeway, closer to LAX area. And it's still kinda sketchy. Instead of taking a cab, look into UBER or LYFT. Cost is about half of a cab. Tailgating inside the Forum parking lot seems to be okay. At least last year at the Boston show we had open containers in hand (cups) and nobody bothered us. Concert is Saturday night so the traffic shouldn't be too bad.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question for the locals - I'll be in town for a few days for the show and would like to see the baseball as well. The Dodgers are playing Friday night, Saturday afternoon and Friday at a time TBD.

Friday night is the obvious choice, but I'm hoping for another interesting gig to come up somewhere. Would you recommend a Saturday afternoon ball game, given I'll need to get to the show via my hotel etc.? Also, do you know what time the Sunday game is likely to be and when do they make that decision?

Cheers.

Mate - sounds like you're doing exactly what I'm doing! I've bought myself a ticket to the Sat arvo game. As I really don't know much about baseball at all I won't be fussed if I need to leave early to leave enough time to get to the Rush gig. Haven't decided on where I'm staying yet, or how to get around. I've been to LA a few times and public transport isn't really that city's strong point. So will probably end up renting a car.

Sounds like an ANZAC invasion.

Also flying in from downunder (NZ) to see Rush for the fist time after being a fan for 35 yrs. Be keen to catch up with a few people, even Aussies :-), for a drink before the gig.

Also keen to catch a Dodgers game. the Friday night game might be the one but still need to sort out what else is happening

cheers

Kev

Christo and Kev,

Rush In Rio is my favorite Rush DVD because the reaction of the fans really resonates with me. Imagine finally seeing Rush after all this time! The joy, and people literally thanking God that they are finally seeing Tom Sawyer live. That's what I'm expecting. Just hope I'm not surrounded by jaded veterans pining for the old days!

Anyway, I'm kinda keen on Rush Con as well. Waiting for details.

Be good to catch up and discuss the Aussies great win over the Kiwis in the cricket World Cup!

Cheers,

Gaz

Not at all finalized yet but I am seriously considering making the trip out to the left coast for this show. If anybody has extra ticket(s) to the show, send me a PM. Rock on!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%202012%20San%20Jose/IMG_3173.jpg

Not at all finalized yet but I am seriously considering making the trip out to the left coast for this show. If anybody has extra ticket(s) to the show, send me a PM. Rock on!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%202012%20San%20Jose/IMG_3173.jpg

Is the Los Angeles show sold out? If not....I'm guessing it will soon.

Nope plenty for sale still, ticketscalper has some at actual face value on their scalper site call ticketmaster.com

They also have HUNDRED's that are double, triple, quadruple , 5X , 6X , 7X etc above face value :rage:

But I do think this is gonna be an overbooked show, with lots of people outside unable to get in......

Nope plenty for sale still, ticketscalper has some at actual face value on their scalper site call ticketmaster.com

They also have HUNDRED's that are double, triple, quadruple , 5X , 6X , 7X etc above face value :rage:

But I do think this is gonna be an overbooked show, with lots of people outside unable to get in......

I think face value seats at The Forum are gone at this time. Only "re-sale" and Official Platinum ($695 EACH) remain. Others may be set free closer to the show date but all I see right now are way over face prices...

I think face value seats at The Forum are gone at this time. Only "re-sale" and Official Platinum ($695 EACH) remain. Others may be set free closer to the show date but all I see right now are way over face prices...

I agree....I see nothing available but resale, which are a bit more reasonable now and probably the only tickets promoted/available at this time. IF those 'resale' tickets are already technically bought....isn't that a sell-out? ( barring a future release of face value seats?)

I agree....I see nothing available but resale, which are a bit more reasonable now and probably the only tickets promoted/available at this time. IF those 'resale' tickets are already technically bought....isn't that a sell-out? ( barring a future release of face value seats?)

Yep, this show is technically 'sold out'. So two choices for anyone still after tickets:

1. Buy the ridiculously priced resale tickets now.

2. Wait until closer to the show and see if the prices of the resale tickets come down.

3. Wait until closer to the show date to see if any more 'regular' tickets come on sale. This often happens once an act finalizes it's staging requirements and can advise the venue of the dimensions.

So I'm sitting here watching the Snakes DVD thinking about how I am totally going to lose it when I finally get to see them!!! When they hit the first note of Sawyer. When they sing 'Glittering prizes and endless compromises'! When they do one of those awesome solo setions in Freewill or Marathon. Anything!

Man - how long do we still have to wait?!?

So I'm sitting here watching the Snakes DVD thinking about how I am totally going to lose it when I finally get to see them!!! When they hit the first note of Sawyer. When they sing 'Glittering prizes and endless compromises'! When they do one of those awesome solo setions in Freewill or Marathon. Anything!

Man - how long do we still have to wait?!?

This long - http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150801T1930&p0=137&msg=Rush+live+at+The+Forum

:)

Just seeing Rush play live will be enough for me I think. For thirty years I never expected to be able to see them play, so I don't think it's quite sunk in yet that it's actually going to happen.

But the first two Rush songs that I heard were Distant Early Warning and Tom Sawyer - it would be the cherry on top if they play those two songs. Pretty confident on TS - less so about DEW!

What about you?

Just seeing Rush play live will be enough for me I think. For thirty years I never expected to be able to see them play, so I don't think it's quite sunk in yet that it's actually going to happen.

But the first two Rush songs that I heard were Distant Early Warning and Tom Sawyer - it would be the cherry on top if they play those two songs. Pretty confident on TS - less so about DEW!

What about you?

I hear ya. I bought Moving Pictures without having heard anything and fell in love instantly. Grace Under Pressure was the new one at the time, and thankfully after I turned a mate onto them, he bought that one. So Tom Sawyer will be awesome. One of my absolute faves is Between The Wheels, and they played that one recently.

I was once listening to Different Stages and, while I'm not a huge fan of the song, I had a strong feeling of being at the show during Closer To The Heart, and being all excited during the reintroduction after the solo, so that would be nice.

Spirit Of Radio is when I will definitely break down and sob uncontrollably. In fact, I'm not sure that won't happen on several occasions!!

We'll have to tee up a post gig meeting back in town to debrief. There aren't too many people who would understand the gravity of the situation except you, me and Kev!

gaz, you are right about people not understanding the gravity of the situation. I bought Permanent waves in 1980 when I was 16 and was totally blown away. When Moving pictures came out, that was it. My favourite album ever and still can remember my first listen to it.

All these years of being a Rush fan and they never came close to playing in NZ or Aussie.

I have had crap couple of years with health and marriage problems but these have left me with enough money o finally travel to see Rush.

Apart from the births of my boys, am expecting this to be the biggest moment of my life.

http://cdn.growassets.net/user_files/dweezilzappa/user_images/001/993/798/xlarge.jpg?1429565707

It says 19 rows in the first floor sections, but there are only 12 rows on the Forum map for the Rush concert. They always have a massive stage in arenas.

Show your location if ya want to.

http://cdn.growassets.net/user_files/dweezilzappa/user_images/001/993/798/xlarge.jpg?1429565707

It says 19 rows in the first floor sections, but there are only 12 rows on the Forum map for the Rush concert. They always have a massive stage in arenas.

Section 135 row 12 for us. We are coming down from Sacramento and making a vacation out of it with my buddy and his family.

Section 135 row 12 for us. We are coming down from Sacramento and making a vacation out of it with my buddy and his family.

Nice! The sound will be great in the back loge. I saw the Presto tour from your section.

I'm still looking for a single to this show. Does anybody have an extra? Rock on!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%202010%20Shoreline/238.jpg

Archived