2015 - 08/01 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Forum

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant wait!! Last show on tour and maybe for a while?? Me and a buddy of mine are driving down from Sacramento with our wife's!!

Here is the kicker. 8-1-15 is my wife's Birthday!!!!!!!!!

Are there any hotels within walking distance to The Forum?

Not sure of hotels in Inglewood proper but Inglewood is not the greatest of areas to stay in or be walking around at night.

Most of the big hotels are near the Los Angeles airport. Not in walking distance of the forum but within a couple of miles away and cabs should be available. Heck, if I score tix, I may be able to swing by to get you since don't think my better half will be joining me for this one. Will let you know.

FYI..Citicard pre-sale worked fine this morning.for the Forum show Sec 105 row 2. $120 versus $170 for CA tour at the now-extinct Universal Ampitheater so guess I am saving though parking at Universal could be had for free. So jsteinrush, as the day nears and assuming we all are still around, I will post a note about getting you there.

Not 100% I'll be there, but I snagged a pair of floor tix.

if you're not going to make it, would you be willing to sell them/give them away?

Not 100% I'll be there, but I snagged a pair of floor tix.

if you're not going to make it, would you be willing to sell them/give them away?

If I don't go, I'll be selling the pair (for what I paid for them; regular old face value plus the stupid taxes and fees they tack on).

I hope to know in the next week or so.

Am coming from Australia to this gig - it will be my first time seeing Rush after being a fan for 30 years!

Just a little bit excited... ;)

Hey Christo - you took the words right out of my mouth! After reading about Neil in Modern Drummer and getting Moving Pictures back in the 80s they've been my fave band ever since. Finally I've decided to make the big trip and see them before it's too late.

How exciting is it! Well, we have to wait 6 months, but still...

Has anyone seen a show in the new Forum from sections 112 or 125? I can't find any pictures from either vantage point and wonder if they're so close to the side that you can't see anything. I really want to see this show but getting tickets has been a nightmare so far

Has anyone seen a show in the new Forum from sections 112 or 125? I can't find any pictures from either vantage point and wonder if they're so close to the side that you can't see anything. I really want to see this show but getting tickets has been a nightmare so far

I'm not sure if you'll be able to see the video screen well. But I did see re-sale seats in better sections for about $20 bucks above face value

I'm planning on hitting up Three Weavers Brewery just off of Manchester Blvd (west of the 405) for some great beers before the August 1 concert. There is also El Segundo Brewing Co south of LAX on Main St in El Segundo. Both excellent places for beer.

I'm planning on hitting up Three Weavers Brewery just off of Manchester Blvd (west of the 405) for some great beers before the August 1 concert. There is also El Segundo Brewing Co south of LAX on Main St in El Segundo. Both excellent places for beer.

Rushcon 15 is also being held in LA this year, waiting to see more info!!

Rushcon 15 is also being held in LA this year, waiting to see more info!!

I saw that Rushcon 15 is being held in LA the same weekend. Never been. Would like to go and check it out as well. Wonder where it will be held at?

By the way, scored box seats 228 for the Forum gig. For those who haven't been to the Forum since they revamped it for concerts only it is really really nice. Accoustic is spot on. The seats (for those who bought seats instead of on the floor) are very comfortable and cushiony. But they are on the small side (tight). I got lucky and got row A. I don't plan on spending $200+ and stand the entire show. Although I may. I'm not getting any younger. Anyway the Los Angeles rock crowd is very sub par. In most cases they are dead during the concerts these days. I hear alot of feedback on negative at most rock concerts here in LA/OC area.

Question for the locals - I'll be in town for a few days for the show and would like to see the baseball as well. The Dodgers are playing Friday night, Saturday afternoon and Friday at a time TBD.

Friday night is the obvious choice, but I'm hoping for another interesting gig to come up somewhere. Would you recommend a Saturday afternoon ball game, given I'll need to get to the show via my hotel etc.? Also, do you know what time the Sunday game is likely to be and when do they make that decision?

Cheers.

Question for the locals - I'll be in town for a few days for the show and would like to see the baseball as well. The Dodgers are playing Friday night, Saturday afternoon and Friday at a time TBD.

Friday night is the obvious choice, but I'm hoping for another interesting gig to come up somewhere. Would you recommend a Saturday afternoon ball game, given I'll need to get to the show via my hotel etc.? Also, do you know what time the Sunday game is likely to be and when do they make that decision?

Cheers.

Well, Saturday is do-able but be prepared for a long-time in traffic. In any other city, assuming a game ends at 4PM, you would be fine. But be prepared to spend 40-45 minutes just exiting the Dodger parking lot and who knows what the traffic will be once you get out. It may be tighter than you think and you could be exhausted just from the driving by concert time. My preference would be to go for Friday or Sunday but I am an older guy who may need a nap prior to the show anyway. :blush: Keep in mind, the Dodgers sometimes "flex" Saturday game times and move it to accommodate national broadcasts for FOX. But I believe the Dodgers-Pirates is scheduled to be the national game on August 8th so maybe that 1:05 Sat. start time is solid.

Yeah, I see the Sunday game is a "TBD" meaning the Dodgers are keeping it open should ESPN decide to make it a Sunday night game. That would mean a 5PM start instead of the 1:10 start. I don't know how far in advance ESPN will announce any changes but the Dodgers homestand begins Tuesday, 7/27. The Dodgers will definitely send out a press release by Monday the 26h to promote the home schedule so you should get notice at least 6 days prior if not sooner.

Thanks jigittes. Obviously, as I'm flying halfway round the world to see Rush for the one and only time, that is my focus!

Are there any decent public transport options or is that just crazy talk? I'm waiting for the rushcon details to be announced before I decide on a hotel.

The three things I want to do are Rush, the Dodgers and a gig on the Sunset Strip (I know, pretty clichéd) and I've got Thursday to Sunday to do it!

Archived