#41 Citizen of the World

Citizen of the World

The Majestik Moose

• Members
  • 4099 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:34 PM

View Posttroutman, on 30 April 2015 - 12:39 PM, said:

View PostCitizen of the World, on 28 April 2015 - 11:10 PM, said:

I'm staying out by the airport. Anyone else out near the airport, and do you want a ride to the venue?

I am,

Cheap hotel about 3 miles from the airport. I get in about 4:30 am the day of the concert. What time are you heading there?
I'm driving down from Seattle on the 20th so I will already be there. That's not a typo is it, arriving at 4:30 am? If that's correct you will be really tired. If you want you can crash at my hotel until you are able to check into yours.

Sponsored Post

#42 troutman

troutman

My views are fishy

• Members *
  • 44549 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:35 PM

View PostCitizen of the World, on 30 April 2015 - 07:34 PM, said:

I'm staying out by the airport. Anyone else out near the airport, and do you want a ride to the venue?

I am,

Cheap hotel about 3 miles from the airport. I get in about 4:30 am the day of the concert. What time are you heading there?
I'm driving down from Seattle on the 20th so I will already be there. That's not a typo is it, arriving at 4:30 am? If that's correct you will be really tired. If you want you can crash at my hotel until you are able to check into yours.

Thanks,

Its all good. I work nights so I will be fine. I want to go early to check out the area around the arena. The hotel told me I can check in when I get there. Not going to charge me for staying the next day before I come home. :D I will take you up on the ride and pay you for it. When will you be going? :cheers:

#43 Citizen of the World

Citizen of the World

The Majestik Moose

• Members
  • 4099 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 12:58 AM

View Posttroutman, on 30 April 2015 - 09:35 PM, said:

I am,

Thanks,

Its all good. I work nights so I will be fine. I want to go early to check out the area around the arena. The hotel told me I can check in when I get there. Not going to charge me for staying the next day before I come home. :D I will take you up on the ride and pay you for it. When will you be going? :cheers:
I will PM you as the date gets closer and we hear more about pre concert events. Then we can decide what time to head to the arena as it doesn't matter to me. No paying for rides though, it 's payment enough to meet another TRFer

#44 troutman

troutman

My views are fishy

• Members *
  • 44549 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 03:28 PM

View PostCitizen of the World, on 01 May 2015 - 12:58 AM, said:

I am,

Thanks,

I will PM you as the date gets closer and we hear more about pre concert events. Then we can decide what time to head to the arena as it doesn't matter to me. No paying for rides though, it 's payment enough to meet another TRFer

Sounds great,

Well I can at least buy you a couple of beers or any other type of beverage you prefer. :cheers:

#45 Citizen of the World

Citizen of the World

The Majestik Moose

• Members
  • 4099 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:09 PM

View Posttroutman, on 01 May 2015 - 03:28 PM, said:

View PostCitizen of the World, on 01 May 2015 - 12:58 AM, said:

I am,

Thanks,

Sounds great,

Well I can at least buy you a couple of beers or any other type of beverage you prefer. :cheers:
You've got a deal :cheers:

#46 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1773 posts
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:10 AM

View Postrickyriff2112, on 19 March 2015 - 06:32 PM, said:

Just got my tickets, new to this forum and this is my first post.  This will be my 6th Rush show, but the FIRST one for my son, who of course is as big a fan as his old man.  We are vacationing on OR coast the week before the show and hitting the concert on the way home to Boise.  I'm not telling him either, so when we arrive to the venue is when he will find out.  He's gonna freak!!  :)
Totally badass man! PLEASE be sure to let us know about his reaction when you get to the Moda Center.

#47 Apollo

Apollo

The Seeker

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:58 AM

So are there any bars in the area, a quick look on google maps shows just hospitals and hotels.  I haven't been in that area of Portland for about 5 years but I don't remember a lot of good meetup type places there, it's too far out of downtown.

#48 troutman

troutman

My views are fishy

• Members *
  • 44549 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:03 AM

View PostApollo, on 11 May 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

So are there any bars in the area, a quick look on google maps shows just hospitals and hotels.  I haven't been in that area of Portland for about 5 years but I don't remember a lot of good meetup type places there, it's too far out of downtown.

I am sure there are places close by.

Just found this.

http://www.10best.co...ar-moda-center/

Edited by troutman, 13 May 2015 - 09:06 AM.

#49 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 53733 posts
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:25 PM

Section 319...Row K...Seats 4-8

I picked up a block of 5 tix and my traditional RUSH crew from Shelton, WA will be rolling in.  So now...about that meet up...  :cheers:

#50 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 53733 posts
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:43 PM

Posted Image

http://www.thrillist...ubs-in-portland

8 best brewpubs in Portland.

Burnside Brewing and Migration Brewing are close.

Edited by goose, 17 May 2015 - 10:49 PM.

#51 troutman

troutman

My views are fishy

• Members *
  • 44549 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:18 PM

View Postgoose, on 17 May 2015 - 10:25 PM, said:

Section 319...Row K...Seats 4-8

I picked up a block of 5 tix and my traditional RUSH crew from Shelton, WA will be rolling in.  So now...about that meet up...  :cheers:

I am in 324. :D

Bu I hope to get a better seat at some point.

#52 DownJacobsLadder

DownJacobsLadder

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:29 AM

View Postrickyriff2112, on 19 March 2015 - 06:32 PM, said:

Just got my tickets, new to this forum and this is my first post.  This will be my 6th Rush show, but the FIRST one for my son, who of course is as big a fan as his old man.  We are vacationing on OR coast the week before the show and hitting the concert on the way home to Boise.  I'm not telling him either, so when we arrive to the venue is when he will find out.  He's gonna freak!!  :)

That is awesome, your son will be so excited when he finds out he's going to see the Trio! I'll also be driving up from Boise so the trip will be worth it!

Edited by DownJacobsLadder, 21 May 2015 - 08:30 AM.

#53 edwardv2

edwardv2

The Seeker

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Interests:photography, technology, travel, camping

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:22 PM

I'll be there; Sec 113 Row J. I'm excited to see Rush at the Moda center instead of driving several hours to one of the outdoor venues like the last 2 tours.

#54 troutman

troutman

My views are fishy

• Members *
  • 44549 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:41 PM

View Postedwardv2, on 28 May 2015 - 05:22 PM, said:

I'll be there; Sec 113 Row J. I'm excited to see Rush at the Moda center instead of driving several hours to one of the outdoor venues like the last 2 tours.

I remember back in the 70's reading how they would always play in Medford, Oregon. How far is that from Portland?

#55 edwardv2

edwardv2

The Seeker

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Interests:photography, technology, travel, camping

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:10 PM

View Posttroutman, on 28 May 2015 - 05:41 PM, said:

I remember back in the 70's reading how they would always play in Medford, Oregon. How far is that from Portland?
It's about 3.5 hours or so from Medford to Portland depending on where you start.

#56 troutman

troutman

My views are fishy

• Members *
  • 44549 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:14 PM

View Postedwardv2, on 28 May 2015 - 06:10 PM, said:

View Posttroutman, on 28 May 2015 - 05:41 PM, said:

It's about 3.5 hours or so from Medford to Portland depending on where you start.

Thanks,

When I would go in to the 7- Eleven stores to take a peak at the latest Circus magazine the tour always seemed to have Medford on it.

#57 troutman

troutman

My views are fishy

• Members *
  • 44549 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:34 PM

Less than two months! :dweez: :haz: :7up: :rush:

#58 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3732 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:19 PM

Hopefully you people that got floor seats won't be disappointed. This is a flat floor, not like an amphitheater with slope, so if you're not really tall or pretty close, you'll be looking at the big screens to see the band. I'm sure it will still be a good show but those of us in the first level off the floor will probably have a better view. Besides, I've seen them and they ain't much to look at these days.

#59 x1yyz

x1yyz

The Shark Whisperer

• Members
  • 8821 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. And things.

Posted 03 June 2015 - 10:19 PM

View PostFordgalaxy, on 03 June 2015 - 08:19 PM, said:

Hopefully you people that got floor seats won't be disappointed. This is a flat floor, not like an amphitheater with slope, so if you're not really tall or pretty close, you'll be looking at the big screens to see the band. I'm sure it will still be a good show but those of us in the first level off the floor will probably have a better view. Besides, I've seen them and they ain't much to look at these days.

Most of their shows (possibly all the indoor area shows) are a flat floor, so that's nothing new.  And I beg to differ about them not being much to look at these days :)

#60 troutman

troutman

My views are fishy

• Members *
  • 44549 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:14 AM

View Postx1yyz, on 03 June 2015 - 10:19 PM, said:

View PostFordgalaxy, on 03 June 2015 - 08:19 PM, said:

Most of their shows (possibly all the indoor area shows) are a flat floor, so that's nothing new.  And I beg to differ about them not being much to look at these days :)

He must be referring to the Stones. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users