2015 - 07/19 - Seattle, WA @ Key Arena

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Wee question folks, new to this buying resale tickets malarky....the prices on stubhub etc are still way over the top, so the question is are these the prices we would expect to pay getting tickets off a tout (scalper) outside the venue ?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wee question folks, new to this buying resale tickets malarky....the prices on stubhub etc are still way over the top, so the question is are these the prices we would expect to pay getting tickets off a tout (scalper) outside the venue ?

With many of the tickets being the barcoded type you can print repeatedly, I would be afraid to buy one from a scalper. Who is to say that they didn't print and sell multiple opines of the same ticket? By the time you get to the door and find out it's too late. At least with StubHub there is some degree of legitimacy, and, if I recall correctly, a guarantee the tickets will work.

With many of the tickets being the barcoded type you can print repeatedly, I would be afraid to buy one from a scalper. Who is to say that they didn't print and sell multiple opines of the same ticket? By the time you get to the door and find out it's too late. At least with StubHub there is some degree of legitimacy, and, if I recall correctly, a guarantee the tickets will work.

I agree it's a bit scary buying hard tickets from scalpers these days. I have seen several people do it on this tour though, with no issues, and I've never honestly known anyone who has gotten burned with counterfeits. I'd still be reluctant to shell out any significant cash out of my pocket to a scalper though. My advice to anyone looking to buy stub hub tix for Seattle is to consider opting for Vancouver instead. Frankly, the lopsided demand for Seattle tickets vs. Vancouver has me absolutely baffled. I'm betting there will be some great deals on some great tickets for Vancouver on the afternoon of the day of the show. There are 1072 tickets currently available on stub hub for Vancouver and only 107 for Seattle. HUH?????? The two cities are only @ 2 1/2 hours apart. :huh: :wacko:

Frankly, the lopsided demand for Seattle tickets vs. Vancouver has me absolutely baffled. I'm betting there will be some great deals on some great tickets for Vancouver on the afternoon of the day of the show. There are 1072 tickets currently available on stub hub for Vancouver and only 107 for Seattle. HUH?????? The two cities are only @ 2 1/2 hours apart.

Serves them right for not booking in Spokane instead. :yes: My husband claims Seattle is five hours by car. :unsure: The way he drives, I could understand that it would take him five hours to get there. :sarcastic:

Seriously though, I wondered why Vancouver wasn't selling well. The closeness with Seattle shouldn't be a problem. Look at Newark and MSG. A lot closer.

Frankly, the lopsided demand for Seattle tickets vs. Vancouver has me absolutely baffled. I'm betting there will be some great deals on some great tickets for Vancouver on the afternoon of the day of the show. There are 1072 tickets currently available on stub hub for Vancouver and only 107 for Seattle. HUH?????? The two cities are only @ 2 1/2 hours apart.

Serves them right for not booking in Spokane instead. :yes: My husband claims Seattle is five hours by car. :unsure: The way he drives, I could understand that it would take him five hours to get there. :sarcastic:

Seriously though, I wondered why Vancouver wasn't selling well. The closeness with Seattle shouldn't be a problem. Look at Newark and MSG. A lot closer.

I'm guessing the issue is because the concerts are in two countries, and there are probably a lot of people who don't want to bother crossing the border. There are about 50% more people in the Seattle metro area compared to Vancouver, so maybe that's why?

Maybe I will see all of you there. We shall see. :)

When will you know if you'll be able to go?

Next week if no tests. If tests, I will have to forget the whole idea.

What's the word Lorraine? Is the Seattle show in your future? I'd love to meet you!

:no: :(

I'm betting there will be some great deals on some great tickets for Vancouver on the afternoon of the day of the show. There are 1072 tickets currently available on stub hub for Vancouver and only 107 for Seattle. HUH?????? The two cities are only @ 2 1/2 hours apart. :huh: :wacko:

We've got Vancouver & Portland tickets, but on the Seattle show......do you get returns to the venue on the days leading up to the show hence the "great deals" quote highlighted above ?

Do we keep an eye on the venue website/ticketmaster/stubhub or basically all of them ?

Cheers in advance for any replies

Alan

I'm betting there will be some great deals on some great tickets for Vancouver on the afternoon of the day of the show. There are 1072 tickets currently available on stub hub for Vancouver and only 107 for Seattle. HUH?????? The two cities are only @ 2 1/2 hours apart. :huh: :wacko:

We've got Vancouver & Portland tickets, but on the Seattle show......do you get returns to the venue on the days leading up to the show hence the "great deals" quote highlighted above ?

Do we keep an eye on the venue website/ticketmaster/stubhub or basically all of them ?

Cheers in advance for any replies

Alan

You misspelled your name, Alan. Maybe we can meet in Portland and discuss correcting this.

Allen. :cheers:

I've called and confirmed...this is the place

http://www.ozziesinseattle.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/bargrill_newlogo4.png

Right on! My plan is to be there...maybe score a ticket for the show. Really looking forward to the next several days.

Right on! My plan is to be there...maybe score a ticket for the show. Really looking forward to the next several days.

I so look forward to meeting you. Let's have an oat soda!

Looking forward to meeting both of you.

It's a far cry from the McDonald's in Goatnut, but it'll have to do.

Have a good time everyone!

Looking forward to meeting both of you.

I look forward to meeting all of you!

i was there in June on vacation. That arena looks tiny. We couldn't time the vacation so that we were there for the concert.

Don't fret. As long as you made it to the Dive, all is not lost. ***** Five star rating. *****

Archived