Meetup discussions here!

Sponsored Post

#2 Apollo

Apollo

The Seeker

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:54 PM

So it looks like there are two bars close to the Maverik Center, Bout Time Pub and Grub and The Puck.  Since I like hockey, I would vote for the Puck but I don't live in SLC and have never been to either establishment.  Opinions from the locals?

#3 Rhyta

Rhyta

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • Interests:Sci-fi/fantasy shows and books, reading, hockey and Rush of course!

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:30 PM

The Puck is bigger but I haven't been there in years.  I'll have to check with friends and see if anyone knows more about them.  The plus side, both are in walking distance to the Maverik Center :)

Are you going on the pre-sale tomorrow?  Hoping I can get something but have to talk it over with my sister (my hubby says it is up to me what I think I can afford )

Edited by Rhyta, 29 January 2015 - 09:31 PM.

#4 woodring2112

woodring2112

The Seeker

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Education, writing, reading, music, movies...

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:05 AM

The show's on a Monday, so I may be taking a couple hours off early that afternoon to properly pre-game. So glad I got not-shitty seats for SLC. Floor BB, Row 3. Best seats ever, and first time in the center section.

2 VIP packages (1 for my daughter), $$$$$$$.

But if this is the "end-ish," money well spent.

#5 rushfanforever!

rushfanforever!

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1566 posts
  • Interests:All things Rush! I like to listen to music, read, watch movies, and have fun.

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:53 AM

I bought a VIP 8th row Alex tix for this show.  How is this venue as I just recently moved here from Wisconsin?

#6 woodring2112

woodring2112

The Seeker

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Education, writing, reading, music, movies...

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:30 PM

Well, I've only seen one other show at the Maverik Center. It was Foo Fighters and I was at the ceiling. Sound quality was decent for that show, though. Rush normally plays Usana, but I always hated seeing them there because you couldn't see any of their lights/screens during the first half because the sun sets right into the stage.

View Postrushfanforever!, on 14 March 2015 - 04:53 AM, said:

I bought a VIP 8th row Alex tix for this show.  How is this venue as I just recently moved here from Wisconsin?

#7 Rhyta

Rhyta

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 931 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:20 PM

View Postwoodring2112, on 14 March 2015 - 02:30 PM, said:

Well, I've only seen one other show at the Maverik Center. It was Foo Fighters and I was at the ceiling. Sound quality was decent for that show, though. Rush normally plays Usana, but I always hated seeing them there because you couldn't see any of their lights/screens during the first half because the sun sets right into the stage.

It's not real big but the sound quality is pretty good, I saw Sting there and it was great.  This will be my first indoor Rush concert, glad it is inside this time.  It was way too hot for Clockwork Angels!   Welcome to the land of Zion  :lol:

#8 stone and a hard place

stone and a hard place

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 968 posts
  • Interests:rush

Posted 06 May 2015 - 09:03 AM

probably the best indoor biggish venue in Utah--glad they are not at the Energy Solutions Arena, horrible sound there.

Would have preferred Usana, but as far as indoor venues go it's decent.

Our seats are 14th row Alex's side.

#9 Rhyta

Rhyta

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 931 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:08 AM

I think we are on Geddy's side, row 15..getting so excited the tour is finally starting! :yes: :yay:

#10 workingcinderellaman

workingcinderellaman

The Red Barchetta

• Members *
  • 30693 posts
  • Interests:Bikes (Motorcycles), Skiing, Airplanes, Ted Nugent

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:36 PM

Cool. There are a lot more peeps in here for this tour.

#11 That One Guy

That One Guy

Straight Outta Sunnyvale

• Members *
  • 21512 posts
  • Interests:Buyin' a Jeep Wrangler, getting that 5th Utah national park in, going to Scotland, returning to Canada, Devin Townsend, doin' good

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:41 PM

I'm glad that I'm hearing The Maverik Center does not have shit sound. I was bummed they weren't going to Usana, and that they weren't going to Red Rocks for Denver.

#12 stone and a hard place

stone and a hard place

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 968 posts
  • Interests:rush

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:07 PM

less than 2 weeks!! :dweez: :chickendance: :atickhum: :7up: :hi:

#13 rushfanforever!

rushfanforever!

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1566 posts
  • Interests:All things Rush! I like to listen to music, read, watch movies, and have fun.

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:24 PM

Getting stoked for this home show!!  First, to Denver, then
SLC on Monday!!!  Can't wait!!

#14 That One Guy

That One Guy

Straight Outta Sunnyvale

• Members *
  • 21512 posts
  • Interests:Buyin' a Jeep Wrangler, getting that 5th Utah national park in, going to Scotland, returning to Canada, Devin Townsend, doin' good

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:16 AM

View Poststone and a hard place, on 30 June 2015 - 01:07 PM, said:

less than 2 weeks!! :dweez: :chickendance: :atickhum: :7up: :hi:

:cheers:

It'll be a good night!

#15 Rhyta

Rhyta

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 931 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:44 AM

1 Week to go!!!  :dweez: :yay: :cheerleader:   Anyone have a preference on where to meet up before the concert?  I haven't been to either the Puck or 'Bout Time...some folks on Facebook are thinking about the latter...  I just am so hyped, can't believe it is almost here :yes: :banana:

#16 Apollo

Apollo

The Seeker

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:47 PM

View PostRhyta, on 09 July 2015 - 01:44 AM, said:

1 Week to go!!!  :dweez: :yay: :cheerleader:   Anyone have a preference on where to meet up before the concert?  I haven't been to either the Puck or 'Bout Time...some folks on Facebook are thinking about the latter...  I just am so hyped, can't believe it is almost here :yes: :banana:

I still vote the Puck since I like hockey but either one is ok with me.

#17 Rhyta

Rhyta

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 931 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:06 PM

View PostApollo, on 09 July 2015 - 04:47 PM, said:

View PostRhyta, on 09 July 2015 - 01:44 AM, said:

I still vote the Puck since I like hockey but either one is ok with me.

I am leaning towards the Puck too...anyone else have a preference?  Anyone frequent the Facebook page?  Heard there was a group from there going too...

#18 Apollo

Apollo

The Seeker

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:53 AM

People should check Ticketmaster now if they don't have seats for this show yet, they have finally released a ton.  Just got 5th row Alex's side for face value :7up:

#19 Nw_Analogkid

Nw_Analogkid

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:23 PM

I would probably say the Puck- They also have a large upstairs/patio area.

#20 Rhyta

Rhyta

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 931 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:57 PM

View PostNw_Analogkid, on 10 July 2015 - 01:23 PM, said:

I would probably say the Puck- They also have a large upstairs/patio area.

Ok we have 3 votes for the Puck.  My sister and I are planning on arriving at the Puck at 4:30, she has to work so that is the earliest we can get there.  Anyone who wants to go earlier and save us a table, let us know.  I have two more friends who will be coming so that is 7 at present but will have to see who else may post here before we arrive.   C'mon Monday...I am psyched!  :dweez: :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users