2015 - 06/29 - New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed getting stuck in traffic in the Lincoln tunnel for 1 hour.

It always pays to zip down to the Holland. You could have gotten on the NJTP and gotten onto your Route 3 (wouldn't that take you to Nutley?). You would have been home by the time you got out of Lincoln Tunnel. :lol:

An hour after the show I was 50 miles north of the city...about 10 miles from my house. I got a nice drink and was chatting on TRF 1 hour and 40 minutes after [the last notes were played]. There was no traffic to speak of and the ease of getting in and out was about a million times better than Boston. Next time, I suggest the GW bridge, as that was empty as I drove by.

It always pays to zip down to the Holland. You could have gotten on the NJTP and gotten onto your Route 3 (wouldn't that take you to Nutley?). You would have been home by the time you got out of Lincoln Tunnel. :lol:

I parked at the Port Authority parking deck thinking, after the show, I'd drop right into the tunnel. That tunnel was closed :rage: so I was detoured through the street to another tunnel. Outside the tunnel on the NJ side there was only one lane the detoured again. :rage:

With no traffic, I can get home from Port Authority in 15 mins. Not last night.

I parked at the Port Authority parking deck thinking, after the show, I'd drop right into the tunnel. That tunnel was closed :rage: so I was detoured through the street to another tunnel. Outside the tunnel on the NJ side there was only one lane the detoured again. :rage:

That sucks, but at least you had the memories of an amazing night to keep you company.

With no traffic, I can get home from Port Authority in 15 mins. Not last night.

I used to live in Manhattan, and for a while I did a reverse commute. I would often work until Midnight or 2 AM, and on the way back a trip that should take 40 minutes would take 2 hours as New York decided to create late night traffic jams for shits and giggles. Not fun times.

There used to be a parking garage on 31st Street a door or two away from the entrance to St. John the Baptist Church on 31st Street. Right across the street from Penn Plaza. I used to park there a lot when I didn't feel like walking up to PA after a show.

Sweet f**k.

I got nuthin'.

Sully, Tick, Slacka, Queen, Admin 73/37/SOS(we are only gum on his shoe), and some other cool nonTRFers. Holy shit.

If this is my last Rush show, what a way to go out.

Me going was totally last-minute, but I'm glad it worked out. And no one is gum on my shoe. We are all gum, and last night we were stuck under Rush's shoes, and those are big shoes that no one will fill once they're gone.

Sweet f**k.

I got nuthin'.

Sully, Tick, Slacka, Queen, Admin 73/37/SOS(we are only gum on his shoe), and some other cool nonTRFers. Holy shit.

Me going was totally last-minute, but I'm glad it worked out. And no one is gum on my shoe. We are all gum, and last night we were stuck under Rush's shoes, and those are big shoes that no one will fill once they're gone.

Big clown shoes! Oh, what a night.

Sweet f**k.

I got nuthin'.

Big clown shoes! Oh, what a night.

Indeed. Thanks for being a big part of it. :cheers:

An hour after the show I was 50 miles north of the city...about 10 miles from my house. I got a nice drink and was chatting on TRF 1 hour and 40 minutes after [the last notes were played]. There was no traffic to speak of and the ease of getting in and out was about a million times better than Boston. Next time, I suggest the GW bridge, as that was empty as I drove by.

Nice sitting with you last night! Mark (custom55)--I took the PATH train, and the wait at 33rd street Station was no fun either. Got home at 1am.

Nice sitting with you last night! Mark (custom55)--I took the PATH train, and the wait at 33rd street Station was no fun either. Got home at 1am.

Sounds like some things never change. The PATH trains are the same. That's why I used to take a cab home. But, taxis were more affordable back then.

Enjoy that trip on the GWB, it's been a monster lately. Driving to Philly, 40 minutes just to get by that stinkin bridge!

Did anyone else get to enjoy the fistfight on the LIRR after the show?

I had from row seats!

Is that what happened on the 11.42 LIRR to Huntington? I walked late nite the streets of Newark, Philly and even Bristow VA, all safe and fine....and where is the one violent issue...getting out of an R40 show...on the darn LIRR.

They were fighting over Rush? Someone insisting this was their last tour causing a stir? Couldn't be!

I enjoyed this show so much! Hanging with some great friends made it so extra special! You all know how you are!

WOW. So, this was the last time. What a way to go out. It was a privilege to be at this show with so many fabulous people. Making memories.

"The cities in the land all extend a welcome hand

Till morning when it's time for us to go"

Proud to have been there with you, along with sullysue, Tick, Slacker and Queenie! :haz:

WOW. So, this was the last time. What a way to go out. It was a privilege to be at this show with so many fabulous people. Making memories.

"The cities in the land all extend a welcome hand

Till morning when it's time for us to go"

Proud to have been there with you, along with sullysue, Tick, Slacker and Queenie! :haz:

It was brilliant! Those few pints in the lower floor of Stout were awesome, and then along comes Slacker! F**kin' A-Mazin'.

Unfortunately, I did not get to Stout to meet everyone but me and my friends did toast you all because we knew you were there! We were down the street...:cheers:

Archived