Jump to content


2015 - 06/27 - Newark, NJ @ Prudential Center


  • Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#41 GabesCavesOfIce

GabesCavesOfIce

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 6716 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Miamisburg, OH. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh
  • Interests:Miamisburg, Oh

    Outland Empire (located on the opposite US coast from Johnny and Dave).

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:42 PM

For RTB I had 2nd row side, overlooking Neil. Awesome view of entire stage, pedals, guitars, overlooking drums, but no view of screen. I think I liked those seats better than 4th row center. With everyone standing, floor views can be blocked , even for us tall folk. If close, the side seats are good. Prices should come down as show arrives.

I've always taken NJ transit to the pru, never an issue. I just try to stay close to the crowd on the walk to the train station after the show.

Sponsored Post

#42 Justin Case

Justin Case

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Jersey City, NJ

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:42 PM

On TM, it shows that they're only doing very limited seating in sections 10 & 17 and otherwise nothing further to the side/back.  Based on that there are no true side stage seats...everything is petty much in front.  I'd be willing to bet that sections 9 & 18 will be very good.  8 & 19 as well.  Especially if you get in a low numbered row.

#43 Laurabw

Laurabw

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 428 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:56 PM

Thanks!

Well to have a good view of Neil would be my idea of heaven, really.

#44 Laurabw

Laurabw

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 428 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:58 PM

View PostJustin Case, on 10 April 2015 - 03:42 PM, said:

On TM, it shows that they're only doing very limited seating in sections 10 & 17 and otherwise nothing further to the side/back.  Based on that there are no true side stage seats...everything is petty much in front.  I'd be willing to bet that sections 9 & 18 will be very good.  8 & 19 as well.  Especially if you get in a low numbered row.

Oh, that's what the grey areas are. Duh. Thanks.

#45 dtpoet

dtpoet

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1003 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 April 2015 - 02:00 AM

My touring experience goes back to the late 80's & early 90's. I can't remember exactly, but I waited out all night and got similar seats but at the old Richfield Colisieum in Ohio for HYF.  To be equal, it was probably more similar to 127 or 128 on the PC seating chart, but I remember looking down on Alex and having a great view.

In addition, seats 19 & 20 in 114 are closer to 113.  The average list price for a single ticket on StubHub in either section 114 or it's opposite counterpart 126 is around $188.  I was able to get my two for almost half that price per ticket.  I couldn't pass up on it.  

The final little additive to my reason for going for it was remembering that the 3d chart for PC doesn't do justice to the actual seat.  My son and I had section 1 for CA.  Having been used to the old BB arena and based upon the 3d chart, I thought the stage was going to be "miles" away.  I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived for the show that we were much closer.

#46 HalfwayToGone

HalfwayToGone

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 867 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Music—listening and performing.

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:50 AM

View PostLorraine, on 08 April 2015 - 01:02 PM, said:

View PostHalfwayToGone, on 03 April 2015 - 11:15 AM, said:

Some info for people looking to meet before the show.  I live within about 5-10 minutes of the venue, FWIW.  I see some folks are considering the bar across the street, which I've never been to.  There are quite a few places worth checking out if you plan on doing more than just have a drink or several.  The "ironbound" section has tons of great Spanish, Portuguese and Brazilian food for people looking to have a meal before the show, and prices are not extravagant.  There are also other places in the general area, such as Don Pepe's which is right next to the river about a few blocks walk from the train station area, and has its own parking lot and a bar. Forno's of Spain is a good ironbound spot for both a bar and sitdown dinner too, especially for seafood.  There are Brazilian places with excellent barbecue--Brazilia Grill has an all-you-can-eat deal that's not bad, but it can get crowded and you might wait for a table, especially with a large group.  They might take reservations, I'm not sure.


Don Pepe's???????????  One of my old favorite hangouts.  Many a lunch hour and after work hour(s) spent in that place.    

You must live in Ironbound.

You folks have no idea how fortunate you are living in the NYC Metro area.  I'd give anything to still be living back there.

View PostLaurabw, on 10 April 2015 - 02:55 PM, said:

I'm wondering same, about the side stage...reconsidering a ticket there, but also still not sure about getting there and home in one piece.   Uber?
Lorraine, I actually don't live in Newark, but I spent 4 years going to med school there, and after first year of residency moved from NYC back to a town across the river from Newark to save on rent and move in with my future wife.
Laura, the Rock is built very steep so that as you go up you don't go very far back.  So side stage here are probably a lot closer than MSG especially as you go to upper levels.  the place was built with hockey in mind, so they tried to prevent upper level people from being so far away that they can't follow a puck on the ice.

#47 dtpoet

dtpoet

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1003 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:19 AM

View PostHalfwayToGone, on 12 April 2015 - 06:50 AM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 08 April 2015 - 01:02 PM, said:

View PostHalfwayToGone, on 03 April 2015 - 11:15 AM, said:

Some info for people looking to meet before the show.  I live within about 5-10 minutes of the venue, FWIW.  I see some folks are considering the bar across the street, which I've never been to.  There are quite a few places worth checking out if you plan on doing more than just have a drink or several.  The "ironbound" section has tons of great Spanish, Portuguese and Brazilian food for people looking to have a meal before the show, and prices are not extravagant.  There are also other places in the general area, such as Don Pepe's which is right next to the river about a few blocks walk from the train station area, and has its own parking lot and a bar. Forno's of Spain is a good ironbound spot for both a bar and sitdown dinner too, especially for seafood.  There are Brazilian places with excellent barbecue--Brazilia Grill has an all-you-can-eat deal that's not bad, but it can get crowded and you might wait for a table, especially with a large group.  They might take reservations, I'm not sure.


Don Pepe's???????????  One of my old favorite hangouts.  Many a lunch hour and after work hour(s) spent in that place.    

You must live in Ironbound.

You folks have no idea how fortunate you are living in the NYC Metro area.  I'd give anything to still be living back there.

View PostLaurabw, on 10 April 2015 - 02:55 PM, said:

I'm wondering same, about the side stage...reconsidering a ticket there, but also still not sure about getting there and home in one piece.   Uber?
Lorraine, I actually don't live in Newark, but I spent 4 years going to med school there, and after first year of residency moved from NYC back to a town across the river from Newark to save on rent and move in with my future wife.
Laura, the Rock is built very steep so that as you go up you don't go very far back.  So side stage here are probably a lot closer than MSG especially as you go to upper levels.  the place was built with hockey in mind, so they tried to prevent upper level people from being so far away that they can't follow a puck on the ice.

So 114 row 2 seats 19-20 are good seats?

#48 The Cat 3

The Cat 3

    Modern Day Alice Cooper

  • Members *
  • 12844 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:53rd & 3rd

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:28 AM

Posted Image


Section 114



#49 custom55

custom55

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6111 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nutley, NJ
  • Interests:Snowboarding & Retirement.

    On deck shows:


    Phish - Dec
    Robert Plant - Feb
    The Musical Box w/LeGorLaTroy - Feb
    Robin Trower - Mar
    Foo Fighters - Jul

Posted 12 April 2015 - 11:28 AM

Section 9, row 9



#50 The Cat 3

The Cat 3

    Modern Day Alice Cooper

  • Members *
  • 12844 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:53rd & 3rd

Posted 12 April 2015 - 11:30 AM

Custom, we're in section 9, row 7...see you there mate!



#51 The Cat 3

The Cat 3

    Modern Day Alice Cooper

  • Members *
  • 12844 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:53rd & 3rd

Posted 12 April 2015 - 11:31 AM

Posted Image


Section 9



#52 custom55

custom55

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6111 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nutley, NJ
  • Interests:Snowboarding & Retirement.

    On deck shows:


    Phish - Dec
    Robert Plant - Feb
    The Musical Box w/LeGorLaTroy - Feb
    Robin Trower - Mar
    Foo Fighters - Jul

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:32 PM

View PostReGorLaTroy, on 12 April 2015 - 11:31 AM, said:

Posted Image


Section 9

fantastic !!!

#53 dtpoet

dtpoet

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1003 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:37 PM

View PostReGorLaTroy, on 12 April 2015 - 09:28 AM, said:

Posted Image


Section 114


For what I paid and looking at the market now, I will most definately take it.  In 8 shows, I've never sat on Geddys side.

Edited by dtpoet, 12 April 2015 - 06:37 PM.


#54 HalfwayToGone

HalfwayToGone

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 867 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Music—listening and performing.

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:47 AM

View Postdtpoet, on 12 April 2015 - 09:19 AM, said:


So 114 row 2 seats 19-20 are good seats?
Depends what you consider "good seats," but I think they'll be closer to the stage than similar seats would've been at MSG or the old east Rutherford arena.  The section below you and near the front would probably be almost as close as being on the floor somewhere in the first ten or 15 rows, but without being obstructed by the seats in front of you.

#55 custom55

custom55

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6111 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nutley, NJ
  • Interests:Snowboarding & Retirement.

    On deck shows:


    Phish - Dec
    Robert Plant - Feb
    The Musical Box w/LeGorLaTroy - Feb
    Robin Trower - Mar
    Foo Fighters - Jul

Posted 18 April 2015 - 06:03 PM

My Ticket arrived in the mail today !!!  Nice BIG ticket... not the tickemaster junk.

#56 dtpoet

dtpoet

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1003 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:28 PM

View Postcustom55, on 18 April 2015 - 06:03 PM, said:

My Ticket arrived in the mail today !!!  Nice BIG ticket... not the tickemaster junk.

Pic?

#57 HalfwayToGone

HalfwayToGone

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 867 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Music—listening and performing.

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:33 AM

View Postcustom55, on 18 April 2015 - 06:03 PM, said:

My Ticket arrived in the mail today !!!  Nice BIG ticket... not the tickemaster junk.
Sweet!  I'm not 100% sure, but my buddy and I might be at Don pepe's for preshow drinks and food--that's where we went last time around, and I know he favors that particular place. Stay in touch if you want to join us.  Not sure if there will be more of us yet, but it's always possible.

#58 dtpoet

dtpoet

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1003 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:39 PM

No one has posted here in over a month.  I'll try to start the conversation -

Where's everybody's seats?

#59 HalfwayToGone

HalfwayToGone

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 867 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Music—listening and performing.

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:50 AM

Sec B, row 4.  In the center of the row.  I'm psyched--less than 4 weeks away!  If I end up coming in early for pre-show festivities, I'll post where or look to see where others end up going (assuming they post it here also).  I think for the Rolling Stones we just drank in the bar at Newarl Penn Station.  I'm predicting Don Pepe's for this show, since my friend had us go there for the CA tour, but I'll certainly make en effort to go elsewhere if there's a group already organizing at another spot.

Edited by HalfwayToGone, 04 June 2015 - 07:57 AM.


#60 GabesCavesOfIce

GabesCavesOfIce

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 6716 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Miamisburg, OH. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh
  • Interests:Miamisburg, Oh

    Outland Empire (located on the opposite US coast from Johnny and Dave).

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:00 AM

Great seats HTG... Musta been a mortgage payment or awesome luck! I am same section, VIP silver, a handful of rows behind you.

I just had 18th row center in VA, last second face value seats $150(awesome luck!) had those same exact seats at Jones Beach 2 years ago. Funny how the VA seats same row were so much closer than Jones based on stage setup!

Pepe's is fairly far, 20 blocks away? Looks like a heavy pre show meal for me. There used to be an awesome bar grill one block from Pru, Scullys?? Think its changed over recently :( Anyone know a decent bar grill right by the pru? I hear there is a new very fancy "Penthouse" bar with great city views nearby?

.

Edited by Gabrielgil513, 04 June 2015 - 08:06 AM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users