Jump to content


2015 - 06/27 - Newark, NJ @ Prudential Center


  • Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#21 troutman

troutman

    My views are fishy

  • Members *
  • 44549 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anchorage, Alaska

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:48 PM

Is it safe where the concert will be performed?

The reason I ask is,

I was there back in 2007 for work and I felt really out of place and nervous of my surroundings. Maybe it's a larger area than I think.

Sponsored Post

#22 ReRushed

ReRushed

    My Yellow Submarine is docked at Red Sector A

  • Members
  • 18669 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York, NY

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:50 PM

View Posttroutman, on 29 January 2015 - 04:48 PM, said:

Is it safe where the concert will be performed?

The reason I ask is,

I was there back in 2007 for work and I felt really out of place and nervous of my surroundings. Maybe it's a larger area than I think.
I've been to the Prudential Center twice and it seems fine during events. I can't tell you otherwise.

Edited by ReRushed, 29 January 2015 - 04:51 PM.


#23 troutman

troutman

    My views are fishy

  • Members *
  • 44549 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anchorage, Alaska

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:57 PM

View PostNatch, on 27 January 2015 - 03:18 PM, said:

I'll be flying up from Texas for this one! Looking forward to seeing you again Hatchet! Let's find an Exxon!

:hi: My Exxon bother!!

Hope your doing well. What the hell are you doing in Texas? :D :cheers:

#24 custom55

custom55

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6018 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nutley, NJ
  • Interests:Snowboarding & Retirement.

    On deck shows:


    Phish - Dec
    Robert Plant - Feb
    The Musical Box w/LeGorLaTroy - Feb
    Robin Trower - Mar
    Foo Fighters - Jul

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:20 PM

It's fine.  As long as you park within a few blocks of the Pru and party at the restaurants outside the entrance, enjoy the evening.    I've been to many shows and no issues.


Cannot wait !!!

#25 troutman

troutman

    My views are fishy

  • Members *
  • 44549 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anchorage, Alaska

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:05 PM

View Postcustom55, on 29 January 2015 - 05:20 PM, said:

It's fine.  As long as you park within a few blocks of the Pru and party at the restaurants outside the entrance, enjoy the evening. I've been to many shows and no issues.


Cannot wait !!!

I am not going,

I was just curious. Seems like some places where ok to walk around but if you went outside of a certain area it as like a whole other world. :P

#26 custom55

custom55

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6018 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nutley, NJ
  • Interests:Snowboarding & Retirement.

    On deck shows:


    Phish - Dec
    Robert Plant - Feb
    The Musical Box w/LeGorLaTroy - Feb
    Robin Trower - Mar
    Foo Fighters - Jul

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:36 AM

View Posttroutman, on 29 January 2015 - 07:05 PM, said:

View Postcustom55, on 29 January 2015 - 05:20 PM, said:

It's fine.  As long as you park within a few blocks of the Pru and party at the restaurants outside the entrance, enjoy the evening. I've been to many shows and no issues.


Cannot wait !!!

I am not going,

I was just curious. Seems like some places where ok to walk around but if you went outside of a certain area it as like a whole other world. :P
Damn

I thought you were attending the show.

#27 Pags

Pags

    Surge of Adrenaline

  • Moderator
  • 19169 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:fault line between then and now
  • Interests:Drumming, Firefighting. Love workin' on projects around my house and spending time with my wife and kids. Rush goes with anything.

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:41 AM

I have 1 hour and 20 minutes to figure this out and I don't  know who is selling these tickets, where to go to get them for general sale, or how much the price levels are.  I'm so out of touch. lol  Help!

#28 ReRushed

ReRushed

    My Yellow Submarine is docked at Red Sector A

  • Members
  • 18669 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York, NY

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:51 AM

View PostPags, on 30 January 2015 - 08:41 AM, said:

I have 1 hour and 20 minutes to figure this out and I don't  know who is selling these tickets, where to go to get them for general sale, or how much the price levels are.  I'm so out of touch. lol  Help!
Go to Ticketmaster.

Edited by ReRushed, 30 January 2015 - 08:51 AM.


#29 Pags

Pags

    Surge of Adrenaline

  • Moderator
  • 19169 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:fault line between then and now
  • Interests:Drumming, Firefighting. Love workin' on projects around my house and spending time with my wife and kids. Rush goes with anything.

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:28 AM

View PostReRushed, on 30 January 2015 - 08:51 AM, said:

View PostPags, on 30 January 2015 - 08:41 AM, said:

I have 1 hour and 20 minutes to figure this out and I don't  know who is selling these tickets, where to go to get them for general sale, or how much the price levels are.  I'm so out of touch. lol  Help!
Go to Ticketmaster.
Thank you! :cheers:

#30 troutman

troutman

    My views are fishy

  • Members *
  • 44549 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anchorage, Alaska

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:15 PM

View Postcustom55, on 30 January 2015 - 06:36 AM, said:

View Posttroutman, on 29 January 2015 - 07:05 PM, said:

View Postcustom55, on 29 January 2015 - 05:20 PM, said:

It's fine.  As long as you park within a few blocks of the Pru and party at the restaurants outside the entrance, enjoy the evening. I've been to many shows and no issues.


Cannot wait !!!

I am not going,

I was just curious. Seems like some places where ok to walk around but if you went outside of a certain area it as like a whole other world. :P
Damn

I thought you were attending the show.

I wish. :cheers:

#31 RayM

RayM

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:51 PM

hope the link works. What my seats look like @ the Newark show. I guess you can play around and see where your seats are from the link.



http://www.seats3d.com/mv/prudential_center/#/p_end_6_3/p_end_6_3/

#32 HalfwayToGone

HalfwayToGone

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 867 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Music—listening and performing.

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:15 AM

Some info for people looking to meet before the show.  I live within about 5-10 minutes of the venue, FWIW.  I see some folks are considering the bar across the street, which I've never been to.  There are quite a few places worth checking out if you plan on doing more than just have a drink or several.  The "ironbound" section has tons of great Spanish, Portuguese and Brazilian food for people looking to have a meal before the show, and prices are not extravagant.  There are also other places in the general area, such as Don Pepe's which is right next to the river about a few blocks walk from the train station area, and has its own parking lot and a bar. Forno's of Spain is a good ironbound spot for both a bar and sitdown dinner too, especially for seafood.  There are Brazilian places with excellent barbecue--Brazilia Grill has an all-you-can-eat deal that's not bad, but it can get crowded and you might wait for a table, especially with a large group.  They might take reservations, I'm not sure.

#33 ReGorLaTroy

ReGorLaTroy

    Modern Day Alice Cooper

  • Members *
  • 12494 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North of Dragontown

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:16 AM

View PostHalfwayToGone, on 03 April 2015 - 11:15 AM, said:

Some info for people looking to meet before the show.  I live within about 5-10 minutes of the venue, FWIW.  I see some folks are considering the bar across the street, which I've never been to.  There are quite a few places worth checking out if you plan on doing more than just have a drink or several.  The "ironbound" section has tons of great Spanish, Portuguese and Brazilian food for people looking to have a meal before the show, and prices are not extravagant.  There are also other places in the general area, such as Don Pepe's which is right next to the river about a few blocks walk from the train station area, and has its own parking lot and a bar. Forno's of Spain is a good ironbound spot for both a bar and sitdown dinner too, especially for seafood.  There are Brazilian places with excellent barbecue--Brazilia Grill has an all-you-can-eat deal that's not bad, but it can get crowded and you might wait for a table, especially with a large group.  They might take reservations, I'm not sure.

Don Pepe's is sooooooo good!

#34 dtpoet

dtpoet

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1003 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:54 PM

Got my tiks after scanning the secondary market every day since the end of January.  Considering the skyrocketing prices, I got a really good deal - I think.

Section 114 - Row 2 - seats 19 & 20.  

I know there side stage which is fine.  Anyone have a good perspective of these seats?

#35 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42108 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 08 April 2015 - 01:02 PM

View PostHalfwayToGone, on 03 April 2015 - 11:15 AM, said:

Some info for people looking to meet before the show.  I live within about 5-10 minutes of the venue, FWIW.  I see some folks are considering the bar across the street, which I've never been to.  There are quite a few places worth checking out if you plan on doing more than just have a drink or several.  The "ironbound" section has tons of great Spanish, Portuguese and Brazilian food for people looking to have a meal before the show, and prices are not extravagant.  There are also other places in the general area, such as Don Pepe's which is right next to the river about a few blocks walk from the train station area, and has its own parking lot and a bar. Forno's of Spain is a good ironbound spot for both a bar and sitdown dinner too, especially for seafood.  There are Brazilian places with excellent barbecue--Brazilia Grill has an all-you-can-eat deal that's not bad, but it can get crowded and you might wait for a table, especially with a large group.  They might take reservations, I'm not sure.

Don Pepe's???????????  One of my old favorite hangouts.  Many a lunch hour and after work hour(s) spent in that place.    

You must live in Ironbound.

You folks have no idea how fortunate you are living in the NYC Metro area.  I'd give anything to still be living back there.

#36 Laurabw

Laurabw

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 416 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet

Posted 10 April 2015 - 02:55 PM

I'm wondering same, about the side stage...reconsidering a ticket there, but also still not sure about getting there and home in one piece.   Uber?

#37 Justin Case

Justin Case

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Jersey City, NJ

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:06 PM

View PostLaurabw, on 10 April 2015 - 02:55 PM, said:

I'm wondering same, about the side stage...reconsidering a ticket there, but also still not sure about getting there and home in one piece.   Uber?

The venue is only a couple blocks from Newark Penn Station.  Coming from JC, I would just take a PATH train.  NJT trains and buses go there as well.

#38 Laurabw

Laurabw

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 416 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:15 PM

We chatted about this on my post looking for MSG. I can't get to PATH and it would be two trains from where I am, haven't checked out buses yet. Don't want to drive and park.

But also wondering what side stage is like at Pru and if it's worth all the trouble.

#39 Justin Case

Justin Case

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Jersey City, NJ

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:25 PM

Something like Uber is probably your best bet then.

As far as the seat, personally i like to be in front of the stage, as close to the center for Rush due to the movie screen and other stuff going on on stage.  I've been on the side, though, and certainly not terrible.  Here is a seating chart and link to an interactive map where you can click on the section you are interested in.  It's meant for sports, though, so you'll have to use a little bit of imagination.

https://seatgeek.com.../seating-chart/

Posted Image

Edited by Justin Case, 10 April 2015 - 03:26 PM.


#40 Laurabw

Laurabw

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 416 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:32 PM

Thanks. Yeah, it doesn't look too bad, of course I'd rather have them directly in front of me but what can you do. I just wonder about the stage set up this time around, but it's not like we're going to know till they start the tour. But I saw them from the side at the Garden a few yrs ago, CA tour and it was pretty good.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users