2015 - 06/27 - Newark, NJ @ Prudential Center

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's a good chance we're going to base our summer holiday around a trip to my sister-in-law in Freehold. I know lightning doesn't strike twice, but I would gladly take part in a meet-up, a la 2008, the EXXONFEST! Could be one of the last times, so let's make the most of it! Possibly MSG too.

Ok NJ contingent Rush brothers and sisters,

Some of us met up for Prudential shows at Edison Ale House, which is across the street from the Rock.

Here's the website www.EdisonAleHouse.com

(51 Edison Place, Newark, NJ 07102)

Right across the street from the gig.

Looking forward to seeing you there for a pint (or two)

-Cheers, RGLT

Hi EWR people,

Flying in from the UK and looking for a little advice please,

Going to the PHL show first, then coming up for the EWR and NYC shows,

So am i better off basing myself by MSG in a hotel NYC for 4 days so i can do NY tourist stuff in the day and the 2 shows as they happen, or -

Get a hotel in EWR then go across to NYC for that show ?

If stayed in NYC by MSG how could i get back to the hotel after the EWR gig, is there public transport that's safe ?

Appreciate any help and advice

Hi EWR people,

Flying in from the UK and looking for a little advice please,

Going to the PHL show first, then coming up for the EWR and NYC shows,

So am i better off basing myself by MSG in a hotel NYC for 4 days so i can do NY tourist stuff in the day and the 2 shows as they happen, or -

Get a hotel in EWR then go across to NYC for that show ?

If stayed in NYC by MSG how could i get back to the hotel after the EWR gig, is there public transport that's safe ?

Appreciate any help and advice

I would stay in NYC.

Penn Station is right at Madison Square Garden and can take a train to Philadelphia and to Newark from there.

Also, gives you a base for sight seeing NYC.

Sometimes they have a bus from NYC to NJ venues called "Rocks Off" which drops you off right at the venue and returns to NYC afterwards. (Keep your eye on Ticketmaster and Ticketweb for that.

Hope you'll meet up with us before the gigs.

Let me know if I can help anyway.

RGLT

We're in, second time coming to Prudential center...first time in 2012 was a lot of fun, except our hotel was too far away; stuck in traffic a long time after the show. This year we've got a hotel walking distance from the venue :)

I've never been to the prudential center, but I went out on a limb and am gonna go because I'm from central NJ. I can't wait to go!!!

Nice venue and plenty of restaurants/bars right outside the entrance of the Pru.

Here's the link to the 3d seating chart:

http://www.seats3d.com/mv/prudential_center/#/level_2

Change the setting to "Endstage". Link is the most accurate I've seen - better then StubHub.

Speaking of them, I see those tickets are starting to come down. Will be looking to hopefully purchase in April or May. With 2 kids already in college and a 3rd on the way in the fall, things are tight.

Is it safe where the concert will be performed?

The reason I ask is,

I was there back in 2007 for work and I felt really out of place and nervous of my surroundings. Maybe it's a larger area than I think.

I've been to the Prudential Center twice and it seems fine during events. I can't tell you otherwise.

It's fine. As long as you park within a few blocks of the Pru and party at the restaurants outside the entrance, enjoy the evening. I've been to many shows and no issues.

Cannot wait !!!

It's fine. As long as you park within a few blocks of the Pru and party at the restaurants outside the entrance, enjoy the evening. I've been to many shows and no issues.

Cannot wait !!!

I am not going,

I was just curious. Seems like some places where ok to walk around but if you went outside of a certain area it as like a whole other world. :P

Archived